DidiFan

2018-19 Off-Season and Hot Stove Thread

Just now, Topgun said:

You came across as a Yankee fan that had his heart set on Machado, if that is not the case, my bad.

Dodger fan that does not want him back in LA. But I do own him in a dynasty league so would be happy if he landed in NY. I think he does end up there when it is all done. 

2 minutes ago, FantasyGeek2018 said:

Dodger fan that does not want him back in LA. But I do own him in a dynasty league so would be happy if he landed in NY. I think he does end up there when it is all done. 

Could happen that way, I'm a Yankee hater, have never been a Machado fan, I think he is over-rated, he's not a team player, and comes across as a spoiled brat, and I believe he is, and on top of that, he's lazy, and thinks that's OK.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Topgun said:

Could happen that way, I'm a Yankee hater, have never been a Machado fan, I think he is over-rated, he's not a team player, and comes across as a spoiled brat, and I believe he is, and on top of that, he's lazy, and thinks that's OK.

Yep. Why I don't want the Dodgers to sign him long term. Like him as a fantasy SS but not as a real player.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Ya he's been killing it with one title in the 19 years with the most resources in the sport for a city that everyone wants to live in.

He's got 4 since taking over as GM. So for 4 in 21 years is pretty good. I think a lot of teams will take that. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Ya he's been killing it with one title in the 19 years with the most resources in the sport for a city that everyone wants to live in.

This off-season I meant. Not over the last two decades. 

Well, CHW won't go past 7 yrs on a contract...that should effectively eliminate them from Manny and Harper sweepstakes.

30 minutes ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Well, CHW won't go past 7 yrs on a contract...that should effectively eliminate them from Manny and Harper sweepstakes.

Depends on the AAV I guess. 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Harper had a long meeting today with Nats owner.

It's like tinder when first girl doesn't put out and you hit up the next match...the phils 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

It's like tinder when first girl doesn't put out and you hit up the next match...the phils 

He's just waiting on the hard to get hottest girl (LA) to swipe right.

Draw straws for it? . . .

Local sports radio was saying that neither of the big two expects to sign anything until Feb. I guess that means they aren't getting the type of offers they hopes for? 

I think the Nats have a good shot at getting Harper back. 

Brewers have some reported interest in Dozier...I think he would be a solid addition and should be very much a bargain...

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Robertson is a nice get for the Phils, but perhaps more importantly, it means they probably aren't going to overpay for Kimbrel. 

Edited by tonycpsu
Autocorrect
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

Robinson is a nice get for the Phils, but perhaps more importantly, it means they probably agent going to overpay for Kimbrel. 

Does this make him the closer for Philly unless they do go for kimbrel too?

22 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

Exactly... Why wouldn't a player be open to less years of they are going to make 5 million more a year?  In 7 years Manny will be 33 which puts him in a good position to get another big deal as long as he's still healthy and producing.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, street sharks said:

I'm just excited for the 2019 closer threads

I have premature anxiety already.

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

2 minutes ago, Rotocious said:

Exactly... Why wouldn't a player be open to less years of they are going to make 5 million more a year?  In 7 years Manny will be 33 which puts him in a good position to get another big deal as long as he's still healthy and producing.

I guess that is a different kind of discussion. We are seeing it slightly more, but with these 'generational talent' dudes I'd bet there is an extreme amount of pressure from the union to set bars very high--which is usually done by length of deal, as those years = guaranteed cash. It's why we never see deals front-loaded in MLB...the union (and agents maybe)  are totally opposed to them ...even though they'd make a ton of sense to imo...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tywalson said:

Kapler's bullpen philosophy last year was... weird.  Perhaps having an established vet like Robertson With Closer Experience™️ might get him to go a more traditional route, but I wouldn't bet on it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tywalson said:

No not really:

Phillies signed RHP David Robertson to a two-year, $23 million contract with a $12 million club option for 2021.

This one came together quickly on Thursday, with the official announcement coming just around 30 minutes after the initial report from MLB.com's Mark Feinsand that a deal had been agreed upon. Matt Breen of the Philadelphia Inquirer & Daily News writes that Robertson "will be used as another late-inning, high-leverage arm and not as a traditional closer." Phillies manager Gabe Kapler apparently won't use a designated ninth-inning man in 2019, though Robertson and Seranthony Dominguez figure to carry the most amount of fantasy value among the Philadelphia relief corps.

Jan 3 - 2:08 PM

59 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

No not really:

He’s still the top option in the bullpen with an open closer role. And he indicated he wanted to do that before signing. I’d pick him first.

Good signing by Phillies. Nightengale also reported the industry believes the Phillies have the best offers out on Machado and Harper. Stay tuned