DidiFan

2018-19 Off-Season and Hot Stove Thread

26 minutes ago, itslarry said:

Don't phillies have like 20 years @100million a year left on their deal? 

Cubs are starting their own network

Yankees just print money 

They could absorb the last few years of these players contracts and be fine if they had to, and still have time before tv contracts are up.

Although, didn't the Dodgers get in some mixup where half of LA couldn't even get the games or something?

It's not so much about how much money they make, it's about the luxury tax penalties like @The Big Bat Theory pointed out above.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

Ottavino to Yanks

3/27

Yanks to win WS +700...about to throw some money that way.

Yeah Ottavino was all they were missing. Put a hundo on it for me too. 

meh theyve had good bullpens before and it didnt get them to WS, obv a good signing but meh on it drastically altering any WS predictions 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, sngehl01 said:

Yeah Ottavino was all they were missing. Put a hundo on it for me too. 

Are you sure you want me to put your entire savings account on the yankees? Idk how long it's gonna take you to get that $100 back.

Edited by Eddie Mush
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

meh theyve had good bullpens before and it didnt get them to WS, obv a good signing but meh on it drastically altering any WS predictions 

The bullpen consists of Ottavino, Betances, Chad, Britton, Chapman.

Boost on SP with Paxton and Happ for a full season.

Stacked lineup.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

Stacked lineup.

My point was stating that the Ottavino signing doesnt alter their WS projections much, which it does not (see past NYY bullpens since their last WS)

You are correct though on the SP getting better and having a good lineup 

Edited by kmoore1521

6 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

Are you sure you want me to put your entire savings account on the yankees? Idk how long it's gonna take you to get that $100 back.

giphy.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

My point was stating that the Ottavino signing doesnt alter their WS projections much, which it does not (see past NYY bullpens since their last WS)

You are correct though on the SP getting better and having a good lineup (not sure who was even debating about those things tho)

I mean read my original post again. All I stated was that Yanks got Ottavino. Then I stated how 7-1 odds for them to win the WS is pretty good odds to put some cash on. In no way did I state Yanks are now WS faves because of Ottavino. I just believe the combo of a shutdown pen, above avg SP and loaded lineup is lethal. Their starters really only have to go 5 IP. There's no debate really.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

I mean read my original post again. All I stated was that Yanks got Ottavino. Then I stated how 7-1 odds for them to win the WS is pretty good odds to put some cash on. In no way did I state Yanks are now WS faves because of Ottavino. I just believe the combo of a shutdown pen, above avg SP and loaded lineup is lethal. Their starters really only have to go 5 IP. There's no debate really.

Yea the disconnect is why you even quoted my first post haha what i said was pretty irrelevant to the discussion you guys were having on odds and such besides meaning the Ottavino signing shouldnt change any odds makers predictions

anyway, no need to waste time moving on 

but my 2 Cents on the actual topic i remember seeing yankee fans saying the same thing few years ago with a nasty bullpen when their SP was weaker obv. "our starters may be weak but they only need to go 5 IP" and it didnt work out for them, we will see if this new SP staff can make it work this go around, def better looking than last time they had this good of a bullpen

Edited by kmoore1521

22 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

Stacked lineup.

holder was solid and maybe Kahnle has a bounce back year.  stacked pen.

and i like that loisiga and german got some experience last year.  i think this puts them ahead of boston as favorites for the AL east now

2 hours ago, Eddie Mush said:

Ottavino to Yanks

3/27

Yanks to win WS +700...about to throw some money that way.

Did Red Sox and Astros move to the National League today?

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Did Red Sox and Astros move to the National League today?

Red Sox and Houston are both +600, what's your point here?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Eddie Mush said:

Red Sox and Houston are both +600, what's your point here?

My point is Yankees aren't going to win the AL to even get to the WS. 

Edited by XxxOilOverloadxxX
  • Like 1

Just now, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

can you use your crystal ball to tell me next weeks Lotto numbers?

thanks in advance

21 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

can you use your crystal ball to tell me next weeks Lotto numbers?

thanks in advance

Magic 8 ball, will the Yankees win the AL?

0f5.gif

• Like 1

Has much really changed with the Yankees since last season when you look at it as a whole? They had a stacked lineup now and last year. They had a great bullpen now and last year. Their SP is basically the same, exchanging some names and maybe getting worse with Paxton and his cramped toe lasting to weeks on the DL, or some equal nonsense. 

They need better pitching to get over the HOU/BOS hump. IMO.

Edited by Dark Kn19ht
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dark Kn19ht said:

Has much really changed with the Yankees since last season when you look at it as a whole? They had a stacked lineup now and last year. They had a great bullpen now and last year. Their SP is basically the same, exchanging some names and maybe getting worse with Paxton and his cramped toe lasting to weeks on the DL, or some equal nonsense. 

They need better pitching to get over the HOU/BOS hump. IMO.

um what?

lineup was stacked but they lost Judge for 1/3 of the year and sanchez was def injured.  if they are healthy its like adding another allstar bat.

how are they getting "worse" with paxton and happ? severino also had some injury in the 2nd half and was pitching like an SP5.  

if yanks stay healthy i think they are easily the AL east favorites.

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 1

d

12 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

um what?

lineup was stacked but they lost Judge for 1/3 of the year and sanchez was def injured.  if they are healthy its like adding another allstar bat.

how are they getting "worse" with paxton and happ? severino also had some injury in the 2nd half and was pitching like an SP5.  

"Worse" when Paxton is injured for a considerable amount of time again. It's the same team as last year once Paxton is down and not enough to compete with HOU and BOS.

7 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

Both the Yanks and Sawx are loaded beyond belief. But I think the thing that separates the Yanks from Boston is the pen. The Yankees could have 2 or 3 of their back-end relievers go down and still have a much better pen than the Sox currently do. Of course all that is relative to what Dombrowski does between now and Opening Day. You would have to think Kimbrel is feeling good right now about his chances of getting a big deal to stay with Boston.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Baseball Batman said:

Both the Yanks and Sawx are loaded beyond belief. But I think the thing that separates the Yanks from Boston is the pen. The Yankees could have 2 or 3 of their back-end relievers go down and still have a much better pen than the Sox currently do. Of course all that is relative to what Dombrowski does between now and Opening Day. You would have to think Kimbrel is feeling good right now about his chances of getting a big deal to stay with Boston.

1 hour ago, jfazz23 said:

um what?

Hard to say that with BOS coming off a 108 win season. 

Yanks won 100 games last year, they went to Game 7 of the ALCS the year before.  Both teams were good enough to go to the World Series, but anything can happen in a 5 or 7-game series.  Play those series again 100 times and the Yankees win plenty of them.  They didn't NEED to get any better than last year, but they have.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Lucky for everyone else, there's a 162 game season to play