DidiFan

2018-19 Off-Season and Hot Stove Thread

51 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

SF is in on Bryce now?!??! Do they have a secret gold mine under the stadium? 

If he goes there, I will be trading him from every fantasy team I have

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WahooManiac said:

SF is in on Bryce now?!??! Do they have a secret gold mine under the stadium? 

I mean I don’t know if this actually could have an effect, but the Raiders (NFL) are probably going to play their home games in Oracle Park this year. That’s at least a revenue stream. 

If im SF I’d love to take advantage of the slow market. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, taobball said:

I mean I don’t know if this actually could have an effect, but the Raiders (NFL) are probably going to play their home games in Oracle Park this year. That’s at least a revenue stream. 

Giants are swimming in money.  Next revenue steam will be all the condos they are going to build/sell by the stadium.  Agree that it makes sense for them to at least inquire, market is slow.  They tried to get Stanton last year, so why not at least see what they can get Bryce for?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, svdude said:

Giants are swimming in money.  Next revenue steam will be all the condos they are going to build/sell by the stadium.  Agree that it makes sense for them to at least inquire, market is slow.  They tried to get Stanton last year, so why not at least see what they can get Bryce for?

The Yankees would love to let them have Stanton and his contract so they can jump back into the Harper Chase.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, taobball said:

I actually read this morning that this won't be happening.  The Niners are not expected to waive their territorial rights to the city.  It was also getting a lot of push back from the mayor of SF as well.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, ToO_BaD said:

I actually read this morning that this won't be happening.  The Niners are not expected to waive their territorial rights to the city.  It was also getting a lot of push back from the mayor of SF as well.

Lol Raiders. 

The only NFL team getting clowned in the MLB offseason thread 

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

All of of us in hot stove thread...

CIZay7l.gif

Edited by Members_Only_76
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

JT Realmuto to the Phillies may actually happen. A lot of buzz on twitter.

who would headline the return? sixto?

8 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

They're saying Sixto Bohm and Alfaro.

Ugh. I know Realmuto is a stud at the absolute hardest position to fill in baseball but I really hate the idea of giving up Sixto.  It's not an unreasonable ask I just don't like it.

8 minutes ago, Baur10 said:

Ugh. I know Realmuto is a stud at the absolute hardest position to fill in baseball but I really hate the idea of giving up Sixto.  It's not an unreasonable ask I just don't like it.

Meh it’s a pitcher still a ways away. Not like they are giving him up for RA Dickey or anything.

Edited by Magoo

16 minutes ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

They're saying Sixto Bohm and Alfaro.

Woof that's a good bit. I realize the risk associated with Sixto, but I'd much prefer to see that be Medina. Heck, I'd even throw another guy in to make it Medina instead of Sixto. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Magoo said:

Meh it’s a pitcher still a ways away. Not like they are giving hi up for RA Dickey or anything.

Also if the Phillies land Realmuto, does that show Harper or Machado that they are looking to win now and improve their squad as well.

Just now, Steelerssixcess said:

Also if the Phillies land Realmuto, does that show Harper or Machado that they are looking to win now and improve their squad as well.

I read somewhere that Harper is either good friends with or really likes Realmuto. If the Phillies land JT, I can see Harper following. That certainly makes losing Sixto easier to swallow, although I've felt all offseason that the Phillies were going to get Harper regardless. 

6 minutes ago, Magoo said:

Meh it’s a pitcher still a ways away. Not like they are giving hi up for RA Dickey or anything.

Yeah I know.  My mind set is that even though young stud prospect pitchers have such a relatively low hit-rate, when they do hit they're massive game changers.  I agree it would be a fair swap.  I just really hate giving up a lotto ticket like that. 

Unreasonable sentimentality and fear of missing out I guess.

Edited by Baur10

Two of the rival teams previously involved in trade talks with the #Marlins for catcher J.T. Realmuto now expect the #Phillies to land him. Catcher Jorge Alfaro will definitely be in the deal, and possibly Sixto Sanchez, too.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm okay with including Sanchez.  The upgrade over Alfaro offensively is huge, and though Alfaro's arm and framing have graded out pretty well, he's a butcher as a backstop.  Meanwhile Sixto's value could nosedive if that elbow barks again.

I'm less enthusiastic about including Bohm.  Sanchez and Alfaro plus a lottery ticket should be more than enough given that JTR is a FA in 2021.

• Like 1

I would give up Sanchez, you never know with young pitchers whether they will pan out or not. Too many teams are in love with prospects, most don't meet expectations. i would take the sure thing with J.T

Joel Sherman 

Have now heard from 2 sources that Realmuto to #Phillies is down to physical reviews and 3d piece beyond Alfaro/Sanchez. But I have NOT been told anything is final.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tonycpsu said:

It's..... happening?

Jeter is just sitting in his office with an evil grin, waiting to pull the rug out from under us

• Haha 1