DidiFan

2018-19 Off-Season and Hot Stove Thread

1 hour ago, 2ndCitySox said:

I'm thinking Manny and Harper wait for the all-star break. 

They should just start their own league at this point. Lure all the talent away from these multi billionaire owners and re-create a “new” professional baseball spectacle. Baseball needs a re-boot. Leave the MLB to drown in it’s ridiculous rules and inability to move towards the future. Kinda reminds me of old oil tycoons. They know the earth is suffering from their behaviors....they just don’t give a f**k with the billions rolling in.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

I'm thinking Manny and Harper wait for the all-star break. 

I was thinking more August 31st so they would be eligible for postseason 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Steelerssixcess said:

Bryce Harper liking and commenting on Hoskin’s Instagram picture of him at Spring Training in Clearwater 2 hours ago, just sign already dang it.

Saw this I'm so sick of the conjecture and inside sources who really know nothing, im over it. I don't even think it's Harper not wanting Philadelphia but his scumbag agent wanting every cent. When you're only looking at 10% I guess you want everything you can get. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, XxxOilOverloadxxX said:

Saw this I'm so sick of the conjecture and inside sources who really know nothing, im over it. I don't even think it's Harper not wanting Philadelphia but his scumbag agent wanting every cent. When you're only looking at 10% I guess you want everything you can get. 

I posted something similar to this a while back in this thread, but I can't help but agree again. There is A LOT wrong with the MLB pay structure that has led to us at this point... but you also can't help but notice the key factor in these slow moving offseasons is Boras having the biggest names on the market. 

I think at this point it's pretty clear that he's just attempting to milk teams for every last possible concession he can get. 

• Like 1

Good I hope he goes to SF ... 

and I hope Manny signs with the White Sox. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Good I hope he goes to SF ... 

and I hope Manny signs with the White Sox.

And I hope Manny is forced back to Baltimore and Harper ends up in Miami or Detroit.  It would serve these fickle, flirting idiots well.  Just choose, damn it.  How much money does it take to stuff a zillion mattresses anyway?

• Like 1

At this point I’m expecting a Lebron-esque TV appearance. “I’m taking my talents to...”

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

It would serve these fickle, flirting idiots well.  Just choose, damn it.  How much money does it take to stuff a zillion mattresses anyway?

I know, right. They should both just throw darts to make this life altering, quarter billion dollar decision. Who do these guys think they are anyway, superstar celebrity athletes or something?!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NoHablaIngles said:

As long as Boras is Harper's Agent, he will take the most money. If phillies outbids SF, he will be in philly. simple. 

Pretty much how it is. Can't believe some people believe it's about anything else. 

1 hour ago, cs3 said:

I know, right. They should both just throw darts to make this life altering, quarter billion dollar decision. Who do these guys think they are anyway, superstar celebrity athletes or something?!

Yeah like they were only given 15 seconds to figure this out?  Sure.  No, they have been thinking hard about this going into last season.

Though actually there should be a cut off date they have to decide by or they should be made to throw darts.

And really?  "Celebrity."  It is the most nothing word in the English language.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

The worst part about this is that either player is going to disappoint, at least in the short run. All of last off-season and regular season; this off-season and the endless dragging out of their signings has brought things to a point that when they do finally sign, people will be so thrilled that they will expect them to put up 15 WAR seasons. The protracted and excruciating hype gives the harpchado zero chance of satisfying their fans. 

But still, Manny, come to the Chi Sox. I will gladly hate you this season. 

Harper rounding third with Phillies

Sunday: Harpers now in on deck circle swinging a weighted bat waiting. 

Edited by XxxOilOverloadxxX

On 2/15/2019 at 7:22 PM, bluntbros said:

They should just start their own league at this point. Lure all the talent away from these multi billionaire owners and re-create a “new” professional baseball spectacle. Baseball needs a re-boot. Leave the MLB to drown in it’s ridiculous rules and inability to move towards the future. Kinda reminds me of old oil tycoons. They know the earth is suffering from their behaviors....they just don’t give a f**k with the billions rolling in.

Everyone in life is replaceable. Sometimes athletes and agents forget this. There are plenty of deals to be had. You just can't always get what you think you should. The owners take all the risk. If they see foolish money I applaud them.

• Like 1

Anyone read that hot garbage by Buster today? Jeez...my fav was this:

" There would be an enormous expectation, so great that living up to it in the first months would be almost impossible; boos would probably be inevitable... And both Machado and Harper would join the Phillies amid some concern about whether they would fit -- Machado because of his strange comments about hustle last season and his sluggish postseason performance, and Harper because of the repeated episodes when he didn't play hard. Everything either of them would do for the Phillies would be scrutinized in a way they've never been scrutinized before, with almost no margin for error."

LMAO- Esp this BS narrative about how hard they play, particularly in regards to Harper.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, itslarry said:

Didn't Harper get choked for not running out a ball or something?

He got chocked out by Mr. Papelbon I think during the Nats final home game of that season 3 years ago maybe lol. 

Edited by chud12
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ST. STEVEN said:

Anyone read that hot garbage by Buster today? Jeez...my fav was this:

" There would be an enormous expectation, so great that living up to it in the first months would be almost impossible; boos would probably be inevitable... And both Machado and Harper would join the Phillies amid some concern about whether they would fit -- Machado because of his strange comments about hustle last season and his sluggish postseason performance, and Harper because of the repeated episodes when he didn't play hard. Everything either of them would do for the Phillies would be scrutinized in a way they've never been scrutinized before, with almost no margin for error."

LMAO- Esp this BS narrative about how hard they play, particularly in regards to Harper.

Eh. This is par for the course for anyone playing sports in Philly. These two are quite used to being hated.  Fluff news, i agree

18 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

Things are heating up with what team? The tweet mentions the Phils as the favorite, that that doesn't mean that things are progressing with them. Sounds like a crap tweet. 

• Like 1

There's only so many ways one can spin the heating up blurb.... intensified lol,  so now we describe levels of bs heat?   Haha Twitter age can be so ridiculous.  

Let's make a RW pact at this point,  and not post in here until the actual signing.  Who's coming with me? 

• Like 3