Flyman75

Franmil Reyes 2019 Outlook

Then you will love the Michael Chivas thread. People are anointing him as the next Darryl Evans

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

There's a homer. Hopefully he can string together a couple good games this time around and then keep it rolling.

On 4/28/2019 at 8:32 AM, mevins31 said:

I just am amused by (and I do it too) how we as humans reason psychologically. 

‘If he (does unlikely/impossible act), he is (still not really doing all that well, but maybe then it will be ok)’

I mean going .500 over a 2-3 game span isn't exactly out of the norm, at all, for big league hitters. Reyes is still destroying the ball, I've got him on set and forget it status in my lineup. The stats will be there just need to be patient.

That second AB was really impressive.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, KrunK said:

There's a homer. Hopefully he can string together a couple good games this time around and then keep it rolling.

I mean going .500 over a 2-3 game span isn't exactly out of the norm, at all, for big league hitters. Reyes is still destroying the ball, I've got him on set and forget it status in my lineup. The stats will be there just need to be patient.

Exactly. I treat him as a Top 25 OF and don't care about the name or current numbers. The batting profile and talent speaks for itself.

• Like 1

I just dumped Sterling Marte to hop on board, 3 at COL next week...giddy up!

• Like 1

On 4/24/2019 at 1:43 PM, JetsAwesome said:

hosmer is so bad!

A bad man. Reyes/Hosmer 2020

Captain Statcast at it again boys!

Just scooped him up for free - let it ride!

Welp he didn't homer every AB today, contemplating dropping him.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Needs to do it more than once a week at most.  Still not going to roster him if he goes 0'fer or 1 hit with absolutely no stats in all the other games he plays every week.  If he strings even two or three good games together, then I'll consider actually rostering him and getting "off his back".  The 2 runs and 3 RBIs he had tonight were literally the only ones he's had since his last 2 HR game all the way back on the 23rd.  Picked him up after that game and got absolutely nothing, so not doing it again until he gives me a reason to.

Edited by KilloWertz

4 hours ago, bgar15 said:

Just scooped him up for free - let it ride!

Lol

3 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Needs to do it more than once a week at most.  Still not going to roster him if he goes 0'fer or 1 hit with absolutely no stats in all the other games he plays every week.  If he strings even two or three good games together, then I'll consider actually rostering him and getting "off his back".  The 2 runs and 3 RBIs he had tonight were literally the only ones he's had since his last 2 HR game all the way back on the 23rd.  Picked him up after that game and got absolutely nothing, so not doing it again until he gives me a reason to.

Translation: tilt

9 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Bingo. Franmil hits a homer you knew this thread was going to get bumped. Hooray for the captain statcast.  

12 hours ago, ST. STEVEN said:

I just dumped Sterling Marte to hop on board, 3 at COL next week...giddy up!

Wow lol

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, KilloWertz said:

Been happening to me too lol I just don’t have the room to roster him where he’s available, which is a good thing... but also frustrating because I do want him.

Edited by hangin n wangin

14 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

Wow lol

Yeah in full context it's a points league that hugely rewards power and not so much for steals...hence the Starling for Franmil swap, really good hitters sit in the FA pool, so you can swap around pretty decent offense readily.

Don't think I've added and dropped a guy more than this ever lol. I don't care what he does anymore at this point moving on 😂

So for in a very SSS his splits vs lhp/rhp have flipped around and he's done nothing vs LHP so far. Has one tonight, let's see if he parties like its 2018.