Flyman75

Franmil Reyes 2019 Outlook

11 minutes ago, jseay65 said:

Hitting 5th, maybe that will up the RBIs? 

It should.   2 hole in the nl is rough on rbi numbers. 

Last night he was 4 vs a lhp.  Tonight 5 vs a rhp.  Hopefully that sticks.

On 6/6/2019 at 7:56 PM, knuckleheads said:

and Renfroe has 58 rbi + run total with his 17 homers.  People can lay off the narrative that these guys can't hit with men on base...

He's hitting .225 with RISP. OPS is 7 hundo. Only 40 AB, so it could just be noise. But right now he is embracing being Fran-Solo. 

8 minutes ago, 2ndCitySox said:

He's hitting .225 with RISP. OPS is 7 hundo. Only 40 AB, so it could just be noise. But right now he is embracing being Fran-Solo. 

So he"s 9-40 as opposed to 10-40 which would be at his current average.  Hey, ok no problem then. But if he gets a couple of hits he'll be above is normal batting average so we can call him clutch then...

1 hour ago, knuckleheads said:

So he"s 9-40 as opposed to 10-40 which would be at his current average.  Hey, ok no problem then. But if he gets a couple of hits he'll be above is normal batting average so we can call him clutch then...

It is what it is. That is currently what he is doing in those situations. Good players tend to hit better in those situations. I hope he can start making it rain with runners on. 

Posted (edited)

hmm feels like next week should be a good time for the FranMan. His big thing so far has been hitting homers and he gets 4 out of the 6 games at Coors

Edited by Heroebal
  • Like 3

Under high leverage situations, Franmil has a 10% line drive 60% ground ball 30% fly ball rate with a 20% hard hit rate. This is telling that Franmil doesn’t have much of an approach at the plate and is just a swing and rip type of player. Until he develops better plate discipline I don’t see much more improvement then what we have seen from Reyes .

3 minutes ago, Jimmymckrack said:

Under high leverage situations, Franmil has a 10% line drive 60% ground ball 30% fly ball rate with a 20% hard hit rate. This is telling that Franmil doesn’t have much of an approach at the plate and is just a swing and rip type of player. Until he develops better plate discipline I don’t see much more improvement then what we have seen from Reyes .

Thankfully this doesn't really matter in fantasy.

53 minutes ago, El_Chingon said:

Thankfully this doesn't really matter in fantasy.

It does matter if he can't hit with people on base. Sounds like he's trying to do too much in those situations. Or trying to go backside and failing. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Jimmymckrack said:

How does this compare with other players under similar circumstances?

34 minutes ago, RBI Sports said:

It does matter if he can't hit with people on base. Sounds like he's trying to do too much in those situations. Or trying to go backside and failing. 

yeah its why he could have 40HRs and 75 RBIs.

40 minutes ago, AnonymousRob said:

How does this compare with other players under similar circumstances?

Not sure.. Those numbers do seem to be alarming though. Pitchers are obviously taking advantage of his aggressiveness at the plate. If he is going to full fledge break out then he needs to make the adjustment. 

1 hour ago, Jimmymckrack said:

Or it's like 36 plate appearances.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

I think that concern is also league dependent as well. Like in h2h points league like mine I don't see it mattering as a HR is 6 pts (4pts+RBI+R) no matter what.

Maybe they are just trying to showcase Renfroe in order to move him sooner rather than later?

Trying to find an optimistic viewpoint.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Fantasy Dork said:

Maybe they are just trying to showcase Renfroe in order to move him sooner rather than later?

Trying to find an optimistic viewpoint.

Might have something too do with Renfroe coming off a 3 HR game and 11 the past month 🤣

Edited by StevieStats

36 minutes ago, StevieStats said:

Might have something too do with Renfroe coming off a 3 HR game and 11 the past month 🤣

Naylor is the question mark here?   You don't just bench a guy who has been hitting homers at the rate Reyes has...

-2 points this week so far.  thanks for nothing,with ohtani and yordan on my bench. 

Posted (edited)

I can't imagine a situation other than nursing some kind of minor injury not to be playing him especially in a place like Coors...

Edited by knuckleheads

14 minutes ago, einstein2u said:

-2 points this week so far.  thanks for nothing,with ohtani and yordan on my bench. 

you need a name change

• Haha 3