Flyman75

Franmil Reyes 2019 Outlook

If you own anyone - forget about Franmil - you start him against Baltimore.  Period.

• Like 1

5 ABs, 2 HRs and 3 K's. The exact definition of boom or bust haha

• Haha 2

To me this guy is Khris Davis with more power. In my 10 teamer with 3 util spots he’s been a set and forget all yr for me. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, fredo_corleone said:

Another 2 bombs yesterday...how do we play him going forward? He's cold for a while, then boom. 4 hrs over the course of 3 games??

No way to time it.   Probably live with the slumps.

2 hours ago, fredo_corleone said:

Another 2 bombs yesterday...how do we play him going forward? He's cold for a while, then boom. 4 hrs over the course of 3 games??

draft mike trout instead

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 7:33 PM, Stallion said:

How many of us actually started him today? Franny seems to have these extended slumps followed by monster games out of nowhere.

Initially kind of scoffed at posts like this, but in H2H, I think this is a fair criticism.  He was on the bench for both of his recent'ish 2 HR games.  Then I start him and he does relatively nothing for a good string of games.

Definitely a tough guy to manage in a relatively shallow H2H league.  I finally got kind of fed up and included him in a trade, because I really wasn't getting much value in rostering him.

Still love the talent.  He'll be a target of mine in next year's draft.  Just hope he can produce a little more consistently.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 89Topps said:

Initially kind of scoffed at posts like this, but in H2H, I think this is a fair criticism.  He was on the bench for both of his recent'ish 2 HR games.  Then I start him and he does relatively nothing for a good string of games.

Definitely a tough guy to manage in a relatively shallow H2H league.  I finally got kind of fed up and included him in a trade, because I really wasn't getting much value in rostering him.

Still love the talent.  He'll be a target of mine in next year's draft.  Just hope he can produce a little more consistently.

The 180 .. less than a month ago 

He's the 49th best OF in my league (OPS instead of Avg).  10 teamer?  Sure, maybe not that useful.  But, that's roughly a 4th OF in 12 teamers.  I'd hardly call that "not sniffing" most starting fantasy lineups.

1 hour ago, shakestreet said:

The 180 .. less than a month ago 

He's the 49th best OF in my league (OPS instead of Avg).  10 teamer?  Sure, maybe not that useful.  But, that's roughly a 4th OF in 12 teamers.  I'd hardly call that "not sniffing" most starting fantasy lineups.

I don't know if that's a 180 really.  I went from "he's roughly a 4th OF" to "tough guy to manage and traded him".

Doesn't seem like that drastic of a change of opinion.

59 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Late scratch from the lineup, perhaps a trade?

Wondering the same thing.  They were off yesterday and no news of any injury the day before, unless he's sick or did something during warm-ups.

There isn’t much out there, but one beat writer on Twitter said it was supposed to be Naylor originally, but there was a miscommunication.

If that’s true, I don’t think anyone is gonna talk about it since there’s no injury or trade.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

So.... big deal. 

It’s at least something 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Hatfieldodger said:

It’s at least something 🤷‍♂️

it means hes starting tomorrow

Some three-team trade details, per sources: Trevor Bauer to Reds, Yasiel Puig, Franmil Reyes, Logan Allen to Indians, Taylor Trammell to Padres. Might be more, as well. @JeffPassan was first on the deal.
40 secs ago

3 minutes ago, Under500Forever said:

Some three-team trade details, per sources: Trevor Bauer to Reds, Yasiel Puig, Franmil Reyes, Logan Allen to Indians, Taylor Trammell to Padres. Might be more, as well. @JeffPassan was first on the deal.
40 secs ago

Franimal to Cleveland? I like it. 

I’m thinking this is going to boost his fantasy value. Indians can rake. And have a better OBP as a team than the Padres do. Hopefully all of Reyes’ solo shots turn into two run Homers now 😅

3 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Will he play every day? Puig and Mercado have two OF spots locked up. 

Hell likely never play the OF again

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Can’t imagine he won’t. He may be almost strictly a DH, but I suspect he’ll get a few games in the OF, maybe enough to stay eligible in Yahoo. 

6 minutes ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

His natural position is DH.  SD did have that position available until 2022.

According to RosterResource, Franmil is slated to hit 6th, with Kipnis behind him. I’m curious to see how he responds to this move.