thezing1

Waiver Wire Thread - Week 3 ending 11/4

Please post about Week 3 waiver wire options in this thread. Remember, your team specific questions must be posted in the Assistant Coach forum. This thread is to discuss the waiver wire options for week 3 only. Thanks!

• Like 1

Rodney McGruder--another diamond in the rough in MIA right now...

SEA averages: 34.4 mpg, 2.6 3ptm,  7.4 reb, 3.6 ast, .8 stl, .6 blk , 16.0 ppg

He's nice if you need someone to fill in for Harden this week.

"McGruder finished with 14 points 5-10 FG, 1-3 3Pt, 3-3 FT), 10 rebounds, two assists, and one steal in 33 minutes during Saturday's 120-111 victory over the Trail Blazers."

Edited by nlm

Players that I would look to pick up for Week 3 owned in less than 10% of leagues.

Larry Nance Jr. 9% - Kevin Love is out for at least a month, they just fired their old coach for playing too many vets (among other things,) and they just signed Nance to a decent sized contract.  My number one pickup

Cedi Osman 6.6%- See above, if he was dropped in your league, pick him back up.   

DeWayne Dedmon 2% - This guy was borderline top 50 last season when he was healthy.  Collins being out for the foreseeable future increases his potential.

Monte Morris 0.5% - Averaging 15.5 points, 7 assists, 3 rebounds, and 2 steals in the last 7 days.

Jae Crowder 8.2% - Crowder is starting to look more like the player from the Celtics a few years back, and less like the player on the Cavs last season.  Getting over 30 minutes a game, and looks to have carved out a role in Utah's crunch time lineup. 

Zach Collins 1.5% - Blazers play 5 games this week.  Scored double-digit points in 3 of his last 4 games, and is averaging 5 rebounds, and 2 blocks a game.

Al-Farouq Aminu 2.1% - Plays 5 games this week, averaging close to 30 minutes a game. 

Frank Ntilikina 7.1 %, Noah Vonleh 0.9%, Damyean Dotson 0.7%, and Mitchell Robinson 0.1% - The Knicks are tanking rebuilding and are going with a youth movement.  All four of these players are set to see big minutes.  One of these guys will break out.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MJtheGOAT said:

Players that I would look to pick up for Week 3 owned in less than 10% of leagues.

Larry Nance Jr. 9% - Kevin Love is out for at least a month, they just fired their old coach for playing too many vets (among other things,) and they just signed Nance to a decent sized contract.  My number one pickup

DeWayne Dedmon 2% - This guy was borderline top 50 last season when he was healthy.  Collins being out for the foreseeable future increases his potential.

Monte Morris 0.5% - Averaging 15.5 points, 7 assists, 3 rebounds, and 2 steals in the last 7 days.

Jae Crowder 8.2% - Crowder is starting to look more like the player from the Celtics a few years back, and less like the player on the Cavs last season.  Getting over 30 minutes a game, and looks to have carved out a role in Utah's crunch time lineup. 

Zach Collins 1.5% - Blazers play 5 games this week.  Scored double-digit points in 3 of his last 4 games, and is averaging 5 rebounds, and 2 blocks a game.

Al-Farouq Aminu 2.1% - Plays 5 games this week, averaging close to 30 minutes a game. 

Frank Ntilikina 7.1 %, Noah Vonleh 0.9%, Damyean Dotson 0.7%, and Mitchell Robinson 0.1% - The Knicks are tanking rebuilding and are going with a youth movement.  All four of these players are set to see big minutes.  One of these guys will break out.

Are these espn %??? Terrible ! Use Yahoo.. Nance is 75%!owned in yahoo 

• Like 5

It's times like these where people are listing Nance, McGruder, and Osman as pickups that I wish I played my money leagues anywhere but Yahoo

Edited by Del Rio
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

ESPN's waiver wire article is pretty garbage because of the ownership %. Do people sign up for ESPN leagues as a joke and drop all their players? The ownership %'s are a complete joke

Edited by bballshinobi

10 hours ago, Lob City99 said:

Mitchell Robinson worth an add in 12 man standard league?

I added him in my 12 team league. Starting on a tanking team, offers high FG% and Blocks upside even as a rookie. With names like Cody Zeller, John Henson, and Dwight Powell on the wire, I think his tantalizing upside is worth taking an end of the bench flyer on.  

Siakam. Still only 34% owned. This breakout is for real. He put in work over the summer, and it's starting to show. He's a superior player to OG, he plays defense, and most of all, his athleticism is a perfect fit in that offense. He won't be getting that many minutes a night obviously, but 25 minutes a night is reasonable. Expect 11/7/3 for the ROS, with 10/6/2 as a conservative floor. He provides great stocks upside as well, as evidenced last night, and can hit a 3 every now and then as well. His upside makes it worth grabbing him with an end of the bench spot. 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, MJtheGOAT said:

I'm convinced 80% of ESPN leagues are dead leagues. Those ownership percentages are simply laughable.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lbjames6 said:

I'm convinced 80% of ESPN leagues are dead leagues. Those ownership percentages are simply laughable.

Yea, all of those names were the ones scooped in week 1 and 2 in competitive/active leagues. ESPN is not close to the industry standard and is the outlier. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BrickWalled said:

DiVincenzo could be an option in deep leagues, he's had a couple good games in limited minutes.

Who's looked better between huerter and divincenzo?

1 hour ago, markus85 said:

Anyone looking at Sam Dekker?

If you have the roster space I'd add him, but I don't think he's a very strong pickup. Normally I'd completely ignore a game like this, but with the coaching change it's much more intriguing. Not adding him in my 12-teamer, for what it's worth.

30 minutes ago, miasma16 said:

If you have the roster space I'd add him, but I don't think he's a very strong pickup. Normally I'd completely ignore a game like this, but with the coaching change it's much more intriguing. Not adding him in my 12-teamer, for what it's worth.

Yeah i've filled my "streaming" spots with Mitchell Robinson and Elie Okobo - who are riskier than Dekker.. The only other drop i'd really consider is Pat Bev.

Who is he rotating with at PF? From the box score i can't figure out out.. 

5 minutes ago, markus85 said:

Yeah i've filled my "streaming" spots with Mitchell Robinson and Elie Okobo - who are riskier than Dekker.. The only other drop i'd really consider is Pat Bev.

Who is he rotating with at PF? From the box score i can't figure out out.. 

not too much data. They played the Hawks so I will wait for another game to take a chance on Hood/Dekker

Rev up the OK-GO dart throw (Okogie)...just a hunch but the kid is special...

Frankie Frenchise...opp w stocks and a new aggression...

Mitchy Robinson...who couldn't use a pickup_of_the_year_possible starting C on an upside rebuilding team w four games

Return of the Cedi to your team if dropped... Warp don't walk, young padawan! (Perhaps the nerdiest thing I've ever typed here...but i love it!):wub:

Okobo fo sho sho- Igor likey and so should you!

Ball :ph34r:ut bruhs...

• Like 2

8 hours ago, dfstout said:

Mitchy Robinson...who couldn't use a pickup_of_the_year_possible starting C on an upside rebuilding team w four games

Return of the Cedi to your team if dropped... Warp don't walk, young padawan! (Perhaps the nerdiest thing I've ever typed here...but i love it!):wub:

Guess my hunch was right

Josh Okogie, a solid handcuff for Jimmy Butler owners like myself right now. Add him before Butler gets traded, could have an increase in value (and minutes) if/when he does.  Reminds me a bit of Josh Hart. 

8 hours ago, dfstout said:

damn bro... you are pumping Mitchel Robinson HARD HARD... you need to chill with that lol or at least say for 16 team leagues or something

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lacit1707 said:

damn bro... you are pumping Mitchel Robinson HARD HARD... you need to chill with that lol or at least say for 16 team leagues or something

I......willl....NOT!:ph34r:

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dfstout said:

I......willl....NOT!:ph34r:

yeah, sounds like you're a little too eager to start a slow clap. you're posting some good touts / watch list guys but make sure you're being realistic about their outlooks. just trying to post names and be the first one to do so in order to brag about it doesn't do the community any good. 

• Thanks 1