Sign in to follow this  
K50K

Sam Dekker 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Anything to see here? With Love possibly missing a month + of action, do the Cavs stick with Dekker as their starting PG? Looks like he could possibly be CLOSE to a 1-1-1 guy if given the time.

if we'll base it to their roster, Dekker will surely get minutes. but the stats, we'll see after 1 game

coach drew must like him. line's nice but im not overreacting over an atlanta game

Watching him closely because this is another opportunity to find a gem. New coach means new motivation to prove yourself. I'm a Love owner so Dekker is a possibility. 

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, K50K said:

Anything to see here? With Love possibly missing a month + of action, do the Cavs stick with Dekker as their starting PG? Looks like he could possibly be CLOSE to a 1-1-1 guy if given the time.

He had 0.1 3s, 0.3 steals and 0.1 blocks per game last year in 12 minutes. If he's capable of getting a 3 and a block per game it would be a shock and a half. If you have someone to drop you can add him, but if he disappears next game, cut bait. He's always been a straight up bad per minute producer and has yet to prove any ceiling for fantasy.

• Like 1

Got more minutes than Nance... going to be interesting to see how that plays out in the next few games.

14 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

I'm thinking more like a ceiling of 13-5-1, 1 3pt, 1 stl, under 0.5 blk and mediocre percentages

In other words: nothing special

Keyword is ceiling, and I would say that's more or less accurate if this is the Sam Dekker that we know. Liked him in college though and he's 24, so things could change. I sincerely doubt it though.

• Like 1

taking a flyer on dicker. he's a definition of a hustle player, stretch 4, doesn't need the ball in his hands to produce and can hit 3s.

Edited by papocrain

I am in a 20 team league, so adding him is a no-brainer, however, I think he's more of a 14+ team add right now.

I don't know what it is about this guy, but he keeps getting me steals.

he will be better. can't drop him yet with those steals. the shot attempts are there. just need to make those

The minutes are still there and the best part is he still contributing on steals department even on a night when his shots are not falling. Another take away from the past games is that coach still doesn't give Nance minutes at the 4 which is great news for Dicker's path to minutes.

He's mostly uninvolved in the offense. But these steals are just catnip. He is guarding opposing stretch 4s at the arc, and watching for passing lanes. Then swiping. It works.

I have no idea if it will hold up. There's so little data on him. Seems unlikely by looking at him that steals can be his thing.