SpartyOn4

Ross Stripling 2019 Outlook

would love to hear some clear cut plan for him from management so i know if he is even worth rostering anymore at this point in hopes that he regains a starters role

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

anyone hear of any news on their plans for him when he returns...would love to use my IL spot [...] IF the dodgers plan on using him out of the pen once he returns

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed Cool Story
  • Like 1

Stripling (biceps) will begin a rehab assignment Tuesday.

Stripling is scheduled to throw two innings followed by an additional frame in the bullpen, and he could subsequently return to the majors if all goes well. The 29-year-old landed on the injured list July 27 with right biceps tendinitis, so he may not need to get stretched out given the brief break from throwing.

Scratched from the rehab start with renewed neck pain. Doubt he’s back in any role soon.

16 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

Scratched from the rehab start with renewed neck pain. Doubt he’s back in any role soon.

Hearing it's not an overly serious setbet. But a setback none the less. I agree with the above guy I want the IL spot for Haniger. I need to know what they're thinking with this dude!! 

I’m holding in a 12 team mixed. Think he’ll be back very soon & start.  Team is a super plus.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Kramjam24 said:

this guy is nothing to write home about the team he is on is the only reason to hold him

Well the team and the fact that he posts a mid 3 ERA and good whip along with a pretty good strike out rate when he’s a starter lol

Edited by hangin n wangin

3 hours ago, hangin n wangin said:

Well the team and the fact that he posts a mid 3 ERA and good whip along with a pretty good strike out rate when he’s a starter lol

Once upon on a time, on April 14, Ross Stripling pitched 8 innings.

His second-longest outing - 6.1 innings - was nearly 2 weeks earlier, on April 3.

Since then, the longest he's pitched in any game is 5 innings.

I have a hard time understanding the use of a pitcher with a 3.64/1.17 in his 76 innings pitched to date, even with a near "1" K/9, in any format, ever.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

Once upon on a time, on April 14, Ross Stripling pitched 8 innings.

His second-longest outing - 6.1 innings - was nearly 2 weeks earlier, on April 3.

Since then, the longest he's pitched in any game is 5 innings.

I have a hard time understanding the use of a pitcher with a 3.64/1.17 in his 76 innings pitched to date, even with a near "1" K/9, in any format, ever.

If he’s a five inning pitcher on the dodgers with his ratios as a back end starter in fantasy, I’m perfectly fine with that. I’m not saying he’s a frontline guy. Obviously it’s different in QS leagues.

i have him and May, so I don’t really care who is starting between those two. I just want wins and ratios.

Edited by hangin n wangin

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Mrmann1 said:

It's almost but all been confirmed. He's going to the pen. 

Have not seen these articles, can you post your link

Edited by ASHLANDARROWS1992

On 8/6/2019 at 4:28 PM, SuperJoint said:

What a dud this guy turned out to be. 

He had a 2.65ERA when they pulled him from the rotation back in late April/May - and in back to back games before going out to the pen the Dodgers yanked him at 4 and 2/3 basically losing two wins.   Its really a catch-22 because the Dodgers are so good you would love to see him there in a good park good division with a job, but the plethora of arms just doesnt ever seem like he will be a sure bet (regardless of his performance) to stay in the rotation.  A deal for Rivero at the deadline would have been nice, I think being locked in as a mid-rotation guy in Pittsburgh would be a nice landing spot.  

Starting tomorrow?

opener? Or is he back in the rotation?

Apparently– according to Roberts– he's going to pitch 2-3 innings and then be followed by May.

I got my hopes up for a second.

You've got problems and are delusional if you think that Stripling is going to contribute to a fantasy baseball championship this year. You need to have CatMan aka Frank Zappa aka Tony Gonsolin on your team if you want a ring.

50 minutes ago, Hangry Bird said:

You've got problems and are delusional if you think that Stripling is going to contribute to a fantasy baseball championship this year. You need to have CatMan aka Frank Zappa aka Tony Gonsolin on your team if you want a ring.

Holy hell he does look like Frank Zappa. Adding immediately.

images.jpeg-1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hangry Bird said:

You need to have CatMan aka Frank Zappa aka Tony Gonsolin on your team if you want a ring.

Whew.

4 hours ago, professorbaseball said:

Yahoo says he's starting tomorrow. Is this like an opener thing or he can go 5+?

Likely just a few innings according to cubs sports https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/baseball/news/dodgers-ross-stripling-set-to-start-wednesday/.  He’s not stretched out enough to go 5 or more.  If you’re streaming for wins, you can do better.

• Thanks 1