IlliniGuy76

Kris Bryant 2019 Outlook

26 minutes ago, phillyphan21 said:

This. Own him in a Yahoo dynasty which uses OBP and SLG but not AVG and he's ranked 18th overall. All three of those numbers are better than his MVP season btw. Injury is admittedly starting to become a concern with him, but outside of the slow start, and I traded for him after said start, he's been vintage KB. But he'll still somehow go at a minor discount in drafts next season. 

Good.  I'll be happy to draft him again.

• Like 1

Ice cold. Never fails to amaze me how bad he can be for extended stretches. 

22 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

Ice cold. Never fails to amaze me how bad he can be for extended stretches. 

And always after he gets a little banged up but “plays through it.” I knew this was going to happen immediately after he left that game with his knee hurting.

• Like 1

Doesn’t help that Rizzo is struggling now himself. Those two tend to play off one another more than any other combo in baseball. When one gets going, the other is quick to heat up. When one is in a slump, the other cools down quickly. I own both guys on my main team for the second year in a row (overpaid last year, bargain prices this year) and just need ONE of them to get going again. They’ve both had some very hot stretches this year.

He’s been a bit cold lately, hopefully this rest day will help him get back on track. 

Two run bomb.  Surprised they didn't pull him when the game was out of hand.....so that is a good sign about his knee.

21 minutes ago, billofwa said:

Two run bomb.  Surprised they didn't pull him when the game was out of hand.....so that is a good sign about his knee.

Yeah I was wondering if they would too. Hopefully this two hit game with a big fly is the start of one of his streaks. 

23 hours ago, Stickfig13 said:

DL him and let him learn how to hit...again! 

Happy to be wrong again

• Haha 1

I know I’m all over the place on this guy, but he won’t be on my squad again. He’s fire for a week and then trash for a month. 

12 minutes ago, Stickfig13 said:

I know I’m all over the place on this guy, but he won’t be on my squad again. He’s fire for a week and then trash for a month. 

I couldn’t own him in h2h

4 hours ago, Members_Only_76 said:

I couldn’t own him in h2h

Even worse. He dies for weeks at a time 

6 minutes ago, ASHLANDARROWS1992 said:

didn't look good...anyone see any updates for him in this last week of the season?

Without the benefit of the DH it will be tough to play the field next couple of games and if he does get better by the weekend the Cubs could be mathematically eliminated.

This sucks.  Injured and not playing but they won't rule him out for the season so I can't drop him and grab someone else.  During Championship Week.  Great timing.

• Like 1

Bought a lot of shares of Bryant this year where I could - dont really do H2H, his overall numbers are in line with kind of who he is and what he does, I feel overall he has been pretty solid looking from a Macro level - .  I feel like his ADP will be about where it was this year, that 2nd-3rd round turn some leagues probably back half of 2nd other leagues early part of 3rd.  

He hit 10HR in May, no more than 5 any other month - in his MVP season he did something similar but managed to put two of those months together, had a 10 and an 11 HR month.  At that late 2nd early 3rd price Im a buyer - in my primary league which is auction keeper his contract expires this year so will be on the open market next season - he is the type of guy I think can generally be a little overvalued and likely someone I will call fairly early - in part because if he is a value I might be a buyer but if he is overvalued great, let folks bid when they are flush with auction cash