IlliniGuy76

Chicago Cubs 2019 Outlook

11 hours ago, bcobb311 said:

I’ve been a fan for 32 years and I cannot stand watching D**vish “pitch”. Nibble nibble nibble.  Walk. Walk. Give up double. Wash, rinse, repeat. 

Id rather watch a 48 year old Steve Trachsel come out of retirement on 1/4th Speed broadcast than a D**vish start at this point. 

He's the Yang to Lesters 1.16 ERA Yin

13 hours ago, 2ndCitySox said:

He's the Yang to Lesters 1.16 ERA Yin

Big time encouraging start today. I FFWD through and had to stop a couple times and see him finish off some guys. 

If they can get something close to that out of Darvish 60% of his starts the rest of the season I feel much better and the rotation is one to contend with. 

Now they just have to decide if they are willing to let the up and down bullpen ride or go out and make a splash with Kimbrel to lock it down at the end  

6th inning - Kintzler

7th inning - Cishek

8th inning - Strop

9th inning - Kimbrel

looks good to me.  At this point I don’t see too many coming to Kimbrel with longer than a 2 year deal.  God knows there is no point on thinking you will get anything out of Morrow.  If you do...great...but it’s time to look for solutions not rolling the dice on a guy who hasn’t shown any signs of staying on the field.

Running the corpse of Carlos Gonzalez in RF, Cubs organization is a joke.  Happ would be a much better use of a roster spot than CarGo.

An interesting note-- if Zobrist doesn't return, I believe he will be leaving something like 9 million on the table in cash the Cubs would then have to spend. This could impact any potential Kimbrel moves, is what the article was hinting at.

1 hour ago, murraygd13 said:

Running the corpse of Carlos Gonzalez in RF, Cubs organization is a joke.  Happ would be a much better use of a roster spot than CarGo.

The same Ian Happ with a .749 OPS in the PCL with a juiced ball? Cargo obviously isn't a great option, but Happ isn't the answer.