q6174

Dario Saric 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Last 2 weeks Taj's minutes going down while Saric's minutes going up and balling out today. If he was dropped I think it's time to move quickly on him.

I picked him up. He's trending up and I feel like he might even move into the starting lineup at some point. 

1 hour ago, fabrar said:

I picked him up. He's trending up and I feel like he might even move into the starting lineup at some point. 

did the same thing. 2 30 min games in a row. I think they need someone to spread the floor and i hope he'll be replacing taj gibson at some point

14 minutes ago, Boshiaw said:

Since Saric is a defensive liability, I don't think that is appealing to Tibs

Thibs literally just pointed out that Sarics defense and toughness has stood out to him playing next to Towns. He also praised Taj in the same sentence. Haha.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HelloMelo said:

Thibs literally just pointed out that Sarics defense and toughness has stood out to him playing next to Towns. He also praised Taj in the same sentence. Haha.

Everybody's defense and toughness stands out next to Towns. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Boshiaw said:

Since Saric is a defensive liability, I don't think that is appealing to Tibs

They just don't have the personnel to excel on defense, IMO. Guys are getting in the paint at will. I don't know if Teague is still not 100% or if his shooting slump is messing with his confidence, but he does not look good on either side of the ball. I put a lot of their defensive struggles on Teague. If the PG gets in the paint your team defense is really compromised. Saric isn't a shot blocker, but he hustles to be in the right position. At the end of the day I think Thibs is just not that good of a coach and when you max out Wiggins your roster is not going to have an elite ceiling. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Heavy_Jon said:

Finnaly, starting! 

It's because Taj is out for "personal" reasons. Hopefully Dario can impress in his start and hope this sticks.. or hope Taj is out because he is being traded? 🙏

• Like 1

His minutes have been up the last two games, it's actually a shame Taj is out because wanted to see if Saric's rise in minutes was going to stick. I've added him back out of interest on this.

I picked him up yesterday knowing he would do well starting, but I'm still wary moving forward.  Still, I like his odds at potentially securing more minutes and a larger place in the rotation, maybe even starting, for the long haul.

Another solid game for The Homie....closed in the final few minutes and played in OT. 

The shooting percentages have been extremely good of late, can we count on him moving closer to 30 mins per night/every night? They are a better team with him on the floor over Gibson....

12 minutes ago, Chuckster said:

Another solid game for The Homie....closed in the final few minutes and played in OT. 

The shooting percentages have been extremely good of late, can we count on him moving closer to 30 mins per night/every night? They are a better team with him on the floor over Gibson....

Thibs doesn't think so and he also doesn't like winning.

He is loyal to a fault (helps in the case of Rose, hurts in the case of Taj).

6 hours ago, HotSauce24 said:

Thibs doesn't think so and he also doesn't like winning.

He is loyal to a fault (helps in the case of Rose, hurts in the case of Taj).

Even though he has played Saric more minutes in three of the past four games they have played together (the only game that Saric played less minutes than Taj was against SAC in a blowout)..

In my opinion, Saric will play 30 + mins ROS.

On 12/20/2018 at 4:39 PM, j3rkthenurk said:

Even though he has played Saric more minutes in three of the past four games they have played together (the only game that Saric played less minutes than Taj was against SAC in a blowout)..

In my opinion, Saric will play 30 + mins ROS.

Man, I like to think you'll be right at some point, but that certainly hasn't been the case this last week.  He's pretty droppable in the meantime, although I'm sure the minutes (and consistency) will flow nicely in the second half of the season.

As for me, I have to make way for Payton!

Let him go a long time ago and haven’t looked back. You would think with the way the team is structured KAT would be the inside big ala Embiid while Teague/Rose and Wiggins drive and Cov/Saric camp 3s, but instead Thibs loves having KAT stand around the top of the 3 point line watching Taj bang down low.

I guess you’re either a Thibs Guy or you’re not, and as long as Taj is still breathing it’s hard to see Homie becoming one.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, Nica4two said:

Man, I like to think you'll be right at some point, but that certainly hasn't been the case this last week.  He's pretty droppable in the meantime, although I'm sure the minutes (and consistency) will flow nicely in the second half of the season.

As for me, I have to make way for Payton!

Already dropped him. It was a shame because he seemed to be trending that way and then suddenly Thibs just ***** the bed.

I had to make way for Thompson's return.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vinz said:

Let him go a long time ago and haven’t looked back. You would think with the way the team is structured KAT would be the inside big ala Embiid while Teague/Rose and Wiggins drive and Cov/Saric camp 3s, but instead Thibs loves having KAT stand around the top of the 3 point line watching Taj bang down low.

I guess you’re either a Thibs Guy or you’re not, and as long as Taj is still breathing it’s hard to see Homie becoming one.

Thibs is maybe the worst coach in the NBA, not sure who could possibly still be a 'Thibs Guy'.

20 minutes ago, JStyles said:

Thibs is maybe the worst coach in the NBA, not sure who could possibly still be a 'Thibs Guy'.

If you played for him in Bulls... then you're his guy... Thibs is a moron.

Posted (edited)

Dropped him before the weekend.

Thibs doesn't like him even with Lord hurt. :(

Edited by HotSauce24

You’ve gotta be ******** me right now...

• Haha 3