q6174

Dario Saric 2018-2019 Season Outlook

what do we think, with thibs fired, is he a chance to be a bigger piece?

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, jehob said:

what do we think, with thibs fired, is he a chance to be a bigger piece?

I think so. He is objectively more talented than Taj. Not only that, but he fits the current and future style of the NBA. Thibbs' style is the past, which is about pounding in the post. Saric is a great stretch 4.

Whew glad I didn't drop him yet.  Definite hold to see how this pans out

1 hour ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I think so. He is objectively more talented than Taj. Not only that, but he fits the current and future style of the NBA. Thibbs' style is the past, which is about pounding in the post. Saric is a great stretch 4.

What Taj lacks in talent is made up with hard work.  

Saric needs to play just as hard and he'll be solid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

hmmm got him in a trade, but dropped him when someone bailed on Ingles...

What's he bring to the table if things pan out?

15 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

What Taj lacks in talent is made up with hard work.  

Saric needs to play just as hard and he'll be solid.

Yeah, I hear you. I appreciate Taj and his hard nosed, old school ways. He does work hard. But a pounding 4 is an anachronism in today's NBA. 

Saric's skillset is more useful. Especially on a team with KAT, they need to stretch the floor.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Yeah, I hear you. I appreciate Taj and his hard nosed, old school ways. He does work hard. But a pounding 4 is an anachronism in today's NBA. 

Saric's skillset is more useful. Especially on a team with KAT, they need to stretch the floor.

Not only that but Saric has a good post game so when KAT decides to head out to 3pt land Saric is a good foil to plant down low.  KAT should be taking at least 1 3pt shot per quarter, he's arguably their best perimeter threat (better than Covington IMO), so Saric is really versatile next to the big C at least offensively.

A Rose/Teague & KAT high pick & roll with Wiggins, Saric, and Covington spacing the 3pt line is pretty unstoppable. Hopefully TWolves will revamp their offensive philosophy and unleash KAT and Saric at the same time

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, bballshinobi said:

A Rose/Teague & KAT high pick & roll with Wiggins, Saric, and Covington spacing the 3pt line is pretty unstoppable. Hopefully TWolves will revamp their offensive philosophy and unleash KAT and Saric at the same time

As a Twolves fan, that actually seems very stoppable.  Wiggins is a below average 3pt shooter, Saric is decent for a 4 but nothing that'll blow you away, and Covington is slightly above average.  I do, however, think that provides more for them offensively than having Taj in there.  The trick will be seeing how Hoidberg views Saric defensively and if he's cool losing scoring off the bench.  Definitely worth holding onto either to see how things pan out.  It's not like Saric's value can get lower.    

Edited by Kriggly
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Kriggly said:

As a Twolves fan, that actually seems very stoppable.  Wiggins is a below average 3pt shooter, Saric is decent for a 4 but nothing that'll blow you away, and Covington is slightly above average.  I do, however, think that provides more for them offensively than having Taj in there.  The trick will be seeing how Hoidberg views Saric defensively and if he's cool losing scoring off the bench.  Definitely worth holding onto either to see how things pan out.  It's not like Saric's value can get lower.    

TWolves’ last 2 coaches (Mitchell and Thibs) didn’t run modern offense that look to generate good 3pt looks, so I think Wiggin’s shooting ability is a bit underrated (that is also the only thing he can do semi decently, so it would be sad if he sucks at that too). Having shooters around shooters, even average ones, will make them all better because they will give one another more space to work thus more open looks. 

Your players were criminally mis-used, so hopefully you will find a new coach who know how to maximize their talents. KAT and Saric can definitely cause problems offensively. They just need to be decent on defense

• Like 1

I'm just not convinced he's going to be even as good as he was in Philly last year.

If it helps anyone else I'm not dropping Slomo or Ingles to pick him up

26 minutes ago, RCRanger03 said:

I'm just not convinced he's going to be even as good as he was in Philly last year.

If it helps anyone else I'm not dropping Slomo or Ingles to pick him up

I wouldn't either. I did pick him up out of curiosity. Need a lift on that team. Hard to say if he's not going to be better because of the lack of min. in Minn. If they use him right, they can score with the best of teams. but there will be a lack of defense. Roco will be sorely missed. 

I just traded Jonathan Isaac for him.

It's a lottery ticket. I think Dario has a similar skillset to Mirotic and Lauri. The right coach could do wonders with it. 

Just missed out on him unfortunately, although I can't see the interim coach dropping Taj below 20-22 mpg. If he does go down to 20, it only means another 6-7 minutes for Saric from what he was getting before, which probably makes him rosterable in 12 teams but with little upside.

31 minutes ago, JStyles said:

Just missed out on him unfortunately, although I can't see the interim coach dropping Taj below 20-22 mpg. If he does go down to 20, it only means another 6-7 minutes for Saric from what he was getting before, which probably makes him rosterable in 12 teams but with little upside.

I think Taj's minutes will drop to around 15-18 mpg & Saric will benefit alot from that. Maybe just not yet tho, because Covington is still out and the rotation might be a little screwy. 

On 1/7/2019 at 2:33 PM, JStyles said:

Why? Is Taj some kind of untouchably elite player? He is on a $14mm expiring contract. He gets minutes because his previous coach and GM had a mancrush. Thibs brought him in as the GM, and played him as the coach. Taj would not have gotten that PT on any other team.

Just for reference, Taj was playing 21 minutes a night as a 31-year old vet in OKC two years ago. He is now a 33-year old vet. If anything, he should get 20 minutes, no more.