q6174

Dario Saric 2018-2019 Season Outlook

6 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

I prefer Halle Berry 

Where is she? I haven't seen her in a while ... I'm sure she's still fine as all outdoors .. and crazier that a bat 

46 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Why? Is Taj some kind of untouchably elite player? He is on a $14mm expiring contract. He gets minutes because his previous coach and GM had a mancrush. Thibs brought him in as the GM, and played him as the coach. Taj would not have gotten that PT on any other team.

Just for reference, Taj was playing 21 minutes a night as a 31-year old vet in OKC two years ago. He is now a 33-year old vet. If anything, he should get 20 minutes, no more.

Because they have a young, inexperienced interim coach who won't want to make huge sweeping changes to the rotation or piss off anyone in the locker room, and because he played Taj 24 minutes today.

Doesn't matter what he should get, as we saw under Thibs.

3 minutes ago, JStyles said:

Because they have a young, inexperienced interim coach who won't want to make huge sweeping changes to the rotation or piss off anyone in the locker room, and because he played Taj 24 minutes today.

Doesn't matter what he should get, as we saw under Thibs.

Interesting. Depends whether the new coach is coaching for his job. He obviously knows that Thibs doing what Thibs did got him fired. So one could make an argument he would choose to not do that.

I will say, this young guy has the pedigree (Flip's son) and I bet he has the ambition to go for it. If they start winning, all bets are off. Check this out: https://www.nba.com/timberwolves/news/get-know-timberwolves-interim-head-coach-ryan-saunders

Also, tonight's 119 points were the second most in the last 10 days. Maybe he wants to play faster. Making changes already.

Tonight is the night! First game after a full practice under the new coach. First game after an emotional debut win. 

Will Dario get his? I’ll take the over on Dario getting more minutes than Taj tonight. 

• Sad 1

Evaluating this Dallas game tonight. Minn was getting run out the gym. Still down 11. Maybe one day coach gonna learn to sit Gibson and start Saric. Coach said he wanna play faster...:blink: 

I think we have a problem, and I'm a Dario fan. He just got torched on defense tonight. He needs to be able to stop a PG turning the corner and driving directly to the hole. He did not do that tonight. I might hold to see if things change, but this was a bad showing. He is not what I thought he could be. He is not Mirotic.

25 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I think we have a problem, and I'm a Dario fan. He just got torched on defense tonight. He needs to be able to stop a PG turning the corner and driving directly to the hole. He did not do that tonight. I might hold to see if things change, but this was a bad showing. He is not what I thought he could be. He is not Mirotic.

One thing he is not and that a good defender.  He can make you pay like Mirotic though. Truth be told, most PG's will turn the corner on a big. Taj had a good game, don't think they are fast like coach wanna to be with Taj.

Holding for tomorrows game but yeesh this is ugly. He’s first on the chopping blocks for me when Barton is healthy (if ever) but he has to be better than this. 

2 hours ago, iowncrazyhair said:

No chance of a turnaround?

Of course there's a chance!  But there's also a chance that a meteor hits the Pacific today, forcing everyone to vacate the West Coast to seek refuge in Nevada, Idaho, or Utah.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, iowncrazyhair said:

No chance of a turnaround?

To be fair, there always is a chance given he's only in his second year in the NBA, but he also got put in the worst situation with multiple ball-dominant guys and all he can really do is get boards and spot up shoot.

But this season? Definitely a lost cause unless the Wolves make moves before the deadline, as Gibson is definitely not moving out of the starting lineup anytime soon...

I would wait till Thursdays game.  If he does it again,  I will pounce 

16 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Josh Lloyd was saying that Taj could be traded before the deadline.

If that’s the case, I’d sprint for Saric.

23 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Josh Lloyd was saying that Taj could be traded before the deadline.

Source?? Link? something?

21 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Source?? Link? something?

His podcast?

He is the lead fantasy basketball analyst  at BBM

3 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

His podcast?

He is the lead fantasy basketball analyst  at BBM

But he relies heavily on a daily Michael Bolton drop so can he realllllly be trusted?

I added him. Worth a flier for someone with proven top-100 potential and provides the exact stats that my team currently needs. The Wolves have a b2b tomorrow and Friday so he’s already a solid stream candidate.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, RCRanger03 said:

But he relies heavily on a daily Michael Bolton drop so can he realllllly be trusted?

Let's get to it.