Sign in to follow this  
My Dinner With Andre

Houston Rockets 2018-2019 Season Outlook

What's the deal with these guys? I know they've had injuries and suspensions early on but they're 1-4 and about to be 1-5, tied for last in the West.

It's only 6 games but the West is pretty good and I think the Rockets have begun to dig themselves a hole.

And, frankly, the roster doesn't get me that excited.

Harden is out and Carmelo is cancer

plus they lost Ariza, who was lowkey one of their most important pieces

Regression to the mean IMO. I’m just disappointed about how poorly floor general Paul has played during Harden’s absence. 

hopefully it means that Harden will go on a tear (no pun intended) when he returns to carry them back into contention. They've looked very lax and it could still be a hangover from the brutal loss to gsw

They played their best basketball last year and lost a heartbreak game 7. They’re playing for themselves and not for each other. Some may blame Melo but I think it’s Dantoni. The guy is just an awful motivator and doesn’t spark or hold guys accountable for lackluster play. They need to be pushed.

27 minutes ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

The Rockets are currently scoring the 2nd fewest points per game in the league. Wuzzup with these guys?

They replaced Ariza with James Ennis and added Carmeloverrated Anthony. A lot of D'Antoni's offense is centered around isos and if you're running isos with melo, you're going to have a bad time.

Ennis has looked awful and Capela hasn't quite been himself. Trending up though with Harden and cp3 looking better

This was easily their best game of the season...and just after news that Melo is out. 

Their offense is pure Iso game now. It's pathetic they need an A performance from all CP3, Harden and Capela to win a game. Tucker can only shoot corner three, no mid-range or assist or fast break like Ariza and he looks exhausted after 30 minutes.