12345game10

Noah Vonleh 2018-2019 Season Outlook

Who has a better ROS outlook, Vonleh vs. Mitchell Robinson?

I watched a couple of Knicks game & I'm amazed by how quick he is with or without the ball. He's the Westbrook of rebounding but he's in the position to be since he's a big. Haha

29 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Who has a better ROS outlook, Vonleh vs. Mitchell Robinson?

I watched a couple of Knicks game & I'm amazed by how quick he is with or without the ball. He's the Westbrook of rebounding but he's in the position to be since he's a big. Haha

Short term I would say Vonleh

Long term  Robinson.

• Like 1

Does vonleh have any upside potential or is he going to trend down? 

My league counts double doubles and its hard to find DD potential off the waiver wire, but my team is dominating right now and i need to worry more about playoff time than right now.

On 11/10/2018 at 6:59 AM, j3rkthenurk said:

Short term I would say Vonleh

Long term  Robinson.

Well stated.  Vonleh is more consistent now, but I would rather have Mitch Rob after the All-Star break.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy21 said:

Does vonleh have any upside potential or is he going to trend down? 

My league counts double doubles and its hard to find DD potential off the waiver wire, but my team is dominating right now and i need to worry more about playoff time than right now.

It's tough to say.  I thought Vonleh would start to trend down a week or two ago and he hasn't.  I do fear that Knox will cut into his playing time.  I too am in a league that counts DDs and Vonleh has some value there.  I personally see Vonleh as must-own in deeper leagues.  But in 10-team Leagues, and even in some 12 teamers, I see Vonleh as a decent end of the bench, solid streamer type, but nothing to get too worked up over.  Better players will become available throughout the year.   

If you’re in 14 team+ leagues like I am then Vonleh was a no-brainer pick up and would be a dumb drop.  Flashier guys might come along but few will have better consistent value.  Robinson vs. Vonleh is somewhat of loaded question bc in most of my leagues one or both were drafted players.  Imo when you pick someone up from the wire who provides ros value you don’t drop him for a streamer so there’s no chance I would drop Vonleh.

Anyone seen the game vs Toronto? He just had 6/8/2 with no stocks. I thought he fouled out but he only had 1 foul. Was it just a bad night for him?

4 minutes ago, PauGaSpurs said:

Anyone seen the game vs Toronto? He just had 6/8/2 with no stocks. I thought he fouled out but he only had 1 foul. Was it just a bad night for him?

Seems like they're starting to incorporate Knox back into the rotation. This doesn't answer your question, but Knox logged 24 minutes while Vonleh had 26. Probably going to be seeing a lot of Knox/Robinson frontcourt soon.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MysticPeak said:

Seems like they're starting to incorporate Knox back into the rotation. This doesn't answer your question, but Knox logged 24 minutes while Vonleh had 26. Probably going to be seeing a lot of Knox/Robinson frontcourt soon.

Thanks! I don't know why they won't just play Knox at 3. Well I guess now that gives me the reason to drop him for D White or Shai (whichever is still available by monday morning lol).  

8 minutes ago, PauGaSpurs said:

Thanks! I don't know why they won't just play Knox at 3. Well I guess now that gives me the reason to drop him for D White or Shai (whichever is still available by monday morning lol).  

Don't take my word for it though. Will have to watch their game tonight.

All I do know is that he's WAY MORE versatile than M. Rob.

And, ooh, love me some Shai =))

Edited by MysticPeak

21 minutes ago, PauGaSpurs said:

I did for the most part. Below were my general observations:

1) Vonleh is very limited offensively. Whenever he gets the ball at top of the key, it is to set screens or wait for his perimeter teammates come off down screens and he dishes the ball to them.

2) Favors the right hand when dribbling. Ain't even looking for his shot or try to penetrate when he's beyond 15 feet. 

3) Played at the 4 mostly with Mitchell as 5. Both of them or even Kanter, attack the OREB like crazy. But for the same reason which makes their offense perimiter focused.

4) Knox is a wait and see guy. He's long but be doesn't have the body to defend against power players.

TLDR: I'm not that high on Vonleh anymore aftee what I saw. Mitchell definitely has more potential albeit all over the place when playing.

K Knox will definitely get minutes as he's the next guy who can create his own shots after THJ and maybe Trier.

• Like 2

yeah wisegeeks got some good observations

vonleh is very limited offensively, and from this one game it looks like knox's return is going to take minutes away from him

i dropped vonleh already for the ryan dude from chicago

• Like 1

On 11/10/2018 at 4:12 AM, Chrizz said:

True but I still like vonlehs outlook a bit better.

I'm feeling for your "outlook" man

4 PTS 9 REB 1 BLK

6 PTS 8 REB

11 PTS 13 REB 2 STL 1 BLK

10 PTS 11 REB 1 STL 2 BLK

2 PTS 4 REB

Below is Harrell's "reality" for the past 5 games

23 PTS 8 REB  1 STL 4 BLKS 76.9% FG

26 PTS 9 REB 1 BLK 75% FG

19 PTS 6 REB 1 STL 3 BLKS 88.9% FG

13 PTS 7 REB 3 STL 85.7% FG

10 PTS 12 REB 3 BLK 50% FG

• Like 1

Just now, mcflywalker said:

SO are y'all thinking he flops next game, is benched, or both?

yes

• Thanks 1

He's got skills to be fantasy relevant, but the Knicks rotation is just unpredictable.

Haven’t been following this guy or watching any Kncicks games. Is he playing straight PF and none at center? Noticed he only has PF in yahoo. 

21 minutes ago, lbc88 said:

Haven’t been following this guy or watching any Kncicks games. Is he playing straight PF and none at center? Noticed he only has PF in yahoo. 

Hes straight PF, they always have kanter or robinson on the floor with him

• Like 1

So tempted to drop Larry Nance Jr. for him. Sadly, I still can't trust his roller coaster ride with Fizdale.

35 minutes ago, MrBean said:

So tempted to drop Larry Nance Jr. for him. Sadly, I still can't trust his roller coaster ride with Fizdale.

Nance has way more upside as long as he starts. 

• Thanks 1