FF4life

Adam Humphries 2018 Outlook

I'm the one guy who picked him up as a desperation wr3 last week.  Feels good to be on the right side of one of those decisions for a change.  You all know what I'm talking about. ?

Agree he's a good add or hold in ppr redraft leagues.

Someone asked if he's leapfrogged some of the other guys in the pecking order.  I think it's going to be a week to week thing, tbh.  Whatever the defense gives them is what they will try to take.

3 hours ago, Heizz said:

Do we see him having a stronger ROS than someone like Godwin?

Is the pecking order now - Evans, Jackson, Humphries, Godwin/Howard?

Early in the season it had seemed like Godwin may have been flirting with that 2nd WR position

I think hump is matchup-based startable, from what i have seen they wanted to target munnerlyn in slot coverage.

bradberry has been elite at times

if there's a game that looks like a shootout with a weak slot corner on the opposing defense it's a pretty good spot to start hump

i think godwin plays outside mostly? i dont have PFF so i dont have easy access to that info.

I wouldnt put howard below Hump essentially because of one awesome game....

as far as the keke stuff, i'd rather have him just because of all themouths to feed in tb and the volume keke is already getting as a rookie

assuming we are talking full ppr here because all other formats are for limp wristed pansies 

Edited by Cotton Jones

1 minute ago, bpkrufus said:

I’m flexing him this week, but I’m forced due to byes.

He's my WR2 this week... ouch central 

18 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

Thoughts on Humphries @ NYG this week?

Last week was a mess for the entire offense.  Im expecting them to bounce back this week.  That includes Humphries.  

His usual 8-10 targets seems reasonable.  We'll see what he does with them.

Staying away. Too difficult to predict who will get action, he has to contend with Evans, Jackson, Godwin, and Howard...

Giants have allowed just five touchdowns to opposing receivers, tied with the Jaguars for the fewest in the league.

Ouch.

Well if any receiver is going to produce against the Giants, the chances seem pretty good for the slot receiver.

Game has a lot of shootout potential so he will be a nice dart throw in DFS this week.

Guessing he is WR4/5 this week?

78% of snaps last week, 2nd only to Evans at 80%

Godwin 49% Desean 64%

OJ Howard 65%

Seems clear that Hump is favored over Godwin.

4 hours ago, Evincar said:

Godwin has missed two practices in a row. Humphries could be in for a good week.

That's a tasty little nugget right there. 

Thanks for pointing that out man!

He's on my radar with Winston coming back and Howard gone. He's had spurts of production in prior seasons only to fade back into obscurity but I'm wondering if the new offensive scheme has figured out a way to keep him involved. 

On ‎11‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 12:43 PM, krest509 said:

Humphries  is like theilen once you future him on offense

I'm thinking the same thing. I picked up Theilen and cut him twice....thinking that this guy will never be anything. Until then of course, it's too late. This guy just keeps doing it and is still sitting out there in dynasty leagues. He may be nothing but he just may be the next top 10 WR. Seems crazy but just look at the numbers. Sometimes we overthink things.

On 11/20/2018 at 7:07 AM, FF4life said:

https://twitter.com/MikeTagliereNFL/status/1064880133075546113

Since Week 6, Humphries has scored more PPR points than:

Emmanuel Sanders

Tyler Boyd

Juju

Alshon Jeffrey

yet - Available in 85% of Yahoo leagues.

SF slot defense is leaky could be a big game game for Humphries. Winston targets him quite it bit it seems. 

Humphries is running a lot of routes, more than Godwin and DJax. He is also going against a bad SF defense versus the slot.

I'm firing him up as my WR3 based on this weeks matchup with Richard Sherman locked on Mike Evan's and no OJ Howard. 

1 hour ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

Humphries is running a lot of routes, more than Godwin and DJax. He is also going against a bad SF defense versus the slot.

I'm firing him up as my WR3 based on this weeks matchup with Richard Sherman locked on Mike Evan's and no OJ Howard. 

I don't mind it all but keep an eye on what's going on with the damn Godwin and Jackson injuries. Even with those 2 limited the past couple weeks Humphries has not been getting a huge target share. Frankly.... I don't really know how to roll with this confusing Bucs situation. Wouldn't be surprised if Brate just blows up and Humphries does nothing.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, metalmat said:

I don't mind it all but keep an eye on what's going on with the damn Godwin and Jackson injuries. Even with those 2 limited the past couple weeks Humphries has not been getting a huge target share. Frankly.... I don't really know how to roll with this confusing Bucs situation. Wouldn't be surprised if Brate just blows up and Humphries does nothing.

I'm certainly skeptical but in what could be a high scoring ugly game he does have some upside. Also I was inaccuarate on saying Sherman will be covering Evan's. That is likely not the case with where Evan's lines up.

1 hour ago, Tugginroot said:

Fell into this trap and hype train last year, NOTY. 

I did the same two years ago, but dammit if I won't do it again.

I just wish he was a more aggressive return man.

Homerun or strikeout type guy it seems. Might just go for the Homerun with Winston 

Edited by Guwop