Sign in to follow this  
jazzbear

Tyus Jones 2018-2019 Season Outlook

No thread for Tyus yet. Jimmy Buckets is apparently holding out now and Teague is out with a knee. What's the outlook for Tyus ROS? 

ROS, hard to say really unless Teague were to go down or get shipped out. He's a great stream and DFS play tonight though. 

Didn't even think of this, but Minnesota is high on him and I love the way he plays.  I'll be watching the game tonight for a number of reasons...

Does Wiggins come back now that Jimmy announced he is sitting?  I'm trying to acquire him because I think he breaks out this year with motivation to prove EVERYBODY wrong, that he is capable of playing with passion and tough defense.  

Does Okogie show out like he's very, very capable of doing on both sides of the ball?  Kid is a physical freak similar to Dwyane Wade with 2 years of college but still only 19 years old.  He might not have the passing ability Wade had, but he can shoot the 3 ball better and jump out of the gym.  He's jacked, and still has a crazy vertical, plus his hands are like Kawhi size.  I think he was the steal of the draft.

Can Tyus Jones step in at PG, filling in for Teague, put all this team BS to the side, and run the offense the way we know he's capable of?  If so, could Teague be packed with Butler to help a 3 way trade get done?

Should be a fun night of basketball.

I have him streamed for this week. Lets GO!

10 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

I have him streamed for this week. Lets GO!

Just dropped for W. Hernangomez. Figured if Teague and/or Rose were upgraded to doubtful yesterday then questionable and probable should follow as the week goes on, pushing Tyus back to third-string. If this becomes the moment when he finally plays his way into 20+ minutes a night with the Wolves then I'm gonna be sick lol

Posted (edited)

Just had to chime to say I love this comment. It has everything that one could possibly say in endurance over a player at an in

Edited by jimmyjohns
See below

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, squid-jesus said:

Just dropped for W. Hernangomez. Figured if Teague and/or Rose were upgraded to doubtful yesterday then questionable and probable should follow as the week goes on, pushing Tyus back to third-string. If this becomes the moment when he finally plays his way into 20+ minutes a night with the Wolves then I'm gonna be sick lol

Just had to chime to say I love this comment. It has everything that one could possibly say to endure a strong performt of a player at an instant.

That said, as a Jeff Teague owner who knows what Teague can do, and as a Bulls fan. I am truly intrigued by where this can go. Obviously, Tyus Jones didn't lead the Wolves to victory, but he was pretty damn good. With a +3, Tyus is behind the wheel til Wednesday.

Edited by jimmyjohns
  • Thanks 1

i also own Teague but hey, just put up a juicy B2B.

Let it ride

Tyus looks so good with the starters. A much better fit than Teague. Rose as the sixth man. 

Steve Nash type double doubles as long as he's starting and playing 30+ minutes. 

17 minutes ago, mcflywalker said:

How many starts do we have left on this ride? Teague is questionable.

I'm wondering the same thing 

Teague is apparently doubtful to play today according to Thibs, but I'm guessing he'll be good to go in a couple days so Tyus should be the starter for at least one more game. Rose will be back soon after also. Thibs is not one for change

Teague and Rose officially ruled out for tonight 

I would be happy with 12/9ast/6stl. It would be decent.

• Haha 1

I’d be happy with something similar to what Nurk did last night. Then I’d consider keeping him on my team.

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, JormaJormala said:

I would be happy with 12/9ast/6stl. It would be decent.

That was close.

44 minutes ago, JoeNoIngles said:

With Teague and rose returning, it is worth holding him?

You may be able to squeeze one more decent game out of Jones tonight since Rose is still out.  Since Rose was questionable for tonight, it'd be surprising if he missed any other games in the immediate future, so I doubt Jones would be worth holding onto after Rose officially returns.  Teague and Rose dominate the backcourt minutes.

what in the .167fg% not a single steal is going on here 

It's over guys

Thanks for the memories, Tyus

Tyus about to get interesting again, with Thibbs sent packing today. Rose would make a nice 6th man, and Tyus would make a nice starter. 

• Haha 1