Sign in to follow this  
wisegeeks

2018-19 Cool Story Bro

Retired from fantasy basketball last 2013-2014 season.. and now I'm back at it again with a bunch of colleagues who all happened to be fantasy basketball enthusiasts

Rotoworld forums has always been my key source of player insights:

1. things which can't be figured out just by looking at stats alone or

2. insights which gives meaning as to why players produced the way they did

Anyway, I'll get my fantasy juices going and hope I can meet some new friends and say hi to the old ones :)

• Like 7

2 hours ago, wisegeeks said:

Retired from fantasy basketball last 2013-2014 season.. and now I'm back at it again with a bunch of colleagues who all happened to be fantasy basketball enthusiasts

Anyway, I'll get my fantasy juices going and hope I can meet some new friends and say hi to the old ones :)

You're familiar from years back! Welcome back to the game!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wisegeeks said:

Welcome back!

• Like 1

In one of my daily leagues, I was losing 4-5 with no one left to play today.  I was only losing fg% by like .003, and the dude I'm playing left in Kyrie, Trae, Spellman, and Hart.  They could shoot well and I still lose 4-5, but right now I'm up .005 and winning 5-4.  It's a $250 league, dear opponent,  you should really check up on Sunday evenings to see if you should bench someone.  But thanks for giving me a good chance to win!

Oh and he had Rondo.  It's at .441 to .432 so this one is pretty much in the bag.  No other cat was even close, so let this guy's f--- up be a lesson for you all.  He just flipped fg% from a W to a L just by not checking his team tonight.

C

S

B

• Like 2

Just won 21/24 leagues this week.  One loss of 3-6, but the other two were just 4-5.  Last week was maybe my best fantasy week ever, with 19 wins (and two of the losses were bad, like 2-7), so this is now officially my best week of all time.  Giddyup.

Not really a cool story of my side or anything but how on God's green earth can a side lose a game of basketball when they inflict NINETEEN!! blocks, as Mephis did tonight, against New York who as a side had only five. Did every one of the blocks that were swatted away land in the lap of Enes kanter with his 26 boards? For that matter, does grabbing the loose ball from a block if it fails to touch the backboard or rim actually count as a rebound? 

I was staggered looking at the box-score in that game tonight.

KCP's 5 random steals tonight just cost me the steals category, after I was up all week. 

Thanks, KCP.

Not sure this is a Cool Story, but my man Quin Snyder curses like a sailor! I'm loving this game.

After one mistake, he yanks then yells at Exum, and says "Move the F__-ing Ball!" on the closeup video. Televised live.

After a foul called against Gobert, which was clearly a foul, while Rudy is sitting there arguing, Snyder yells across the court: "Hey Rudy... that was a F____-ing foul!" Again, heard loud and clear on the TV broadcast. And hilarious.

I didn't realize how much I was missing not watching the Jazz. Love this guy.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

Not sure this is a Cool Story, but my man Quin Snyder curses like a sailor! I'm loving this game.

After one mistake, he yanks then yells at Exum, and says "Move the F__-ing Ball!" on the closeup video. Televised live.

After a foul called against Gobert, which was clearly a foul, while Rudy is sitting there arguing, Snyder yells across the court: "Hey Rudy... that was a F____-ing foul!" Again, heard loud and clear on the TV broadcast. And hilarious.

I didn't realize how much I was missing not watching the Jazz. Love this guy.

I also think it’s cool that’s he’s an attorney with minimal coaching experience.  He had some coaching experience prior to joining the Jazz but nothing to suggest he’d become the head coach of an NBA team. 

• Like 1

Oh, I forgot my "real" league, a keeper I've been doing for over a decade with friends (as opposed to just hustling yahoo leagues). Won that one too. Good start to the season...in most leagues. Looking at you, that one auction league where everyone is underachieving. 

I got both Jaren Jackson and Javale McGee, and I was behind 11 blocks heading into Sunday.

• Haha 1

No s--- there I was, I’m first in a large buy-in league, playing the second place person.  Late Sunday I’m up 4-3 with only points and threes in contention.  I only have one player (Lillard) playing in the final game to his three, most importantly Tobias Harris from his side.  I quickly fall behind in points but threes are in play.  Lillard hits three threes including two in the final quarter and I win by one three!  Not that interesting but it was cool how both the real game and my game came down to the wire.  That’s what makes H2H fun. 

• Like 1

Was up by 10 blocks coming into Sunday's game with full lineup both sides playing.

I have Drummond + Montrez so I was confident.

To my suprise, M Gasol and Jaren Jackson combined for 12 BLKS!! 

I had 36 for the whole week. 

That's like 1/3 of my total output in 1 night.. i lost 4-5.

But we count categories won so all is fine.

• Like 1

So this past week, I was up 6-3 pre-Thanksgiving.  After the day holiday, a few of my key guys got injured (AD, Harris, Bazemore, Mitchell).  Heading late into Sunday, I was on my way to lose the week 4-5 but could still pull it off if I win points category.  Was on the road during the day so I couldn't check & set my lineup.  Got home and saw Aaron Gordon left on my bench.  Baze came back to play to help keep the team afloat but wasn't quite enough.  My last hope was Alec Burks vs. opponent's Bjelica.

Opponent's Bjelica put up solid first half numbers (10 pts) while Burks was doing nothing (scored 2 pts).  Second half of the game starts, Burks ended up w/ 14 points, Bjelica stayed on the bench & finished with 12. 

TLDR: I ended up winning 5-4.  Points category was the deciding factor thanks to Burks.  I won that cat by 4 points.  If I only played Gordon, it wouldn't have been a close one.  But man... what a thrill... games like these is why I love fantasy bball. :lol:

• Like 2

Managed to package Millsap/Bogdan for Lowry a day before the toe injury. :P