Sign in to follow this  
wisegeeks

2018-19 Cool Story Bro

I traded De'Aaron Fox and John Collins for Josh Richardson and Derrick  Rose. Now Fox is starting to get back on track and John Collins is averaging 20 and 10 since I traded him. I was desperate for a SF at the time (literally didn't have a SF when I made the trade). Hate myself right now. 

Traded my Bledsoe, Gallo, and LouWill to a panicked Butler owner for Butler and Adams in a 9 cat roto league.  I wasn’t playing LouWill so it was really Bledsoe and Gallo for Butler and Adams.  Then flipped them for Lillard and DeRozan.  So I traded Bledsoe and Gallo for Lillard and DeRozan basically.  I also have AD and Vuc in that league.  

I have Booker, Oladipo, Whiteside, and Levert all injured and just had Dunn finally come back. But no worries its a weekly league so its not an automatic loss this week....

Griffin and Giannis both already missing a game this week and its only monday.. and last week had Whiteside, Sabonis, and McCollum all miss games for random reasons/rest. Really unlucky spell for me right now just need to be patient.

Had 16 blocks (from 7 players) last night for the third time this month and broke 12 blocks for the 7th time.  AD was on the bench and Covington's 1.8 per game has been benched most of the month.  I'm at 519 blocks on the season, what are you guys getting?

Edited by nospmoht04

Traded Dipo and love for Giannis this season. Probably my crowning achievement. But overall, I took over a team with an awful lineup due to the previous owner doing an Auto-draft. Their number one pick was Curry. Today, I traded for curry back and that team of scrubs now has 9 top 100 guys and 3 top 10s. Anything is possible when you have a league where people are down to trade haha

The 2014-15 season saw one team average 110 points and that was the Golden State Warriors who eventually won their 1st championship

Fast forward to right now. There are 20 teams averaging 109 points or more per game. Needless to say teams aren't pushing players to play defense. It's been a significant shift over a few years. 

Sent an offer of LaVine for Dipo to see if the owner would bite a few days ago. He rejected it Tuesday and then Dipo goes down Wednesday. Glad he didn't accept lol.  

2 hours ago, HispasianTuna said:

Sent an offer of LaVine for Dipo to see if the owner would bite a few days ago. He rejected it Tuesday and then Dipo goes down Wednesday. Glad he didn't accept lol.  

I had offered Bryant/Fournier for his Oladipo before the injury. He accepted, then Oladipo went down an hour later.

The trade was approved by the League Commissioner after it was known Oladipo was done for the season. Now I just dropped Oladipo.

FML.

16 hours ago, hornrimmed_rambis said:

I had offered Bryant/Fournier for his Oladipo before the injury. He accepted, then Oladipo went down an hour later.

The trade was approved by the League Commissioner after it was known Oladipo was done for the season. Now I just dropped Oladipo.

FML.

Well at least you didn't trade him someone better than Bryant/Fournier lol. 

• Haha 1

The luck factor... plays such a big part. Have managed to dodge the season ending injuries and bad (real live) trades so far, while main rivals specifically have taken a few hits. Love (3rd round) has been my biggest bust so far, but he at least still has a chance to deliver during PO's. Rivals have lost Wall, Oladipo, WCJ for good, and AD, Capela, Kanter, Levert, CP3, Valanciunas etc. for longer stints, and now even Harris/Butler/Redick possibly cannibalising each other. Gladstone Gander style team management FTW.

My goddddd I have Myles Turner, Jonathan Isaac and Jarrett Allen in my dynasty league, I can add a bunch of soft a** players that don't block shots cause they can carry me in that category by the three of them. 

I'm in a 12 team keeper league, 9-cat roto. Had a feeling about Donovan Mitchell last year. We can keep players one round earlier than they were drafted in the prior year, and can keep them twice. I took Mitchell aggressively in the 12th (and Kuzma in the 14th) knowing my wish list was filled with the best sleepers of any manager in our league. I gave him up for the wire three or four games in as he was sucking. Another manager scooped him up, but then dropped him on the day Donovan announced (later that day) that he was going to be the beast he is. I had #1 waiver so I luckily got him back.

This year, that same manager scooped Mitchell Robinson off the wire. He predictably dropped him in early November. I waivered this OTHER Mitchell and he's been starting for 6-7 weeks after riding pine for the first 2+ months.

So now, thanks to ONE manager, I got two Mitchells for free. Welcome To MitchillTown. Next year I get D Mitchell in the 10th and Mitchell R in the 16th.

On 11/1/2018 at 12:06 AM, wisegeeks said:

Retired from fantasy basketball last 2013-2014 season.. and now I'm back at it again with a bunch of colleagues who all happened to be fantasy basketball enthusiasts

Rotoworld forums has always been my key source of player insights:

1. things which can't be figured out just by looking at stats alone or

2. insights which gives meaning as to why players produced the way they did

Anyway, I'll get my fantasy juices going and hope I can meet some new friends and say hi to the old ones :)

From my 1st post back in November 1 to this. It has been an amazing ride. And sure hope to rock it some more in the playoffs.

in 1 of 2 leagues where I literally tanked the first 2 months by stashing INJ players with the idea that 8 of 12 teams will make it to the playoffs;
only to find out around January that it was only 6 of 12 teams who will make the playoffs 😑

From #12 (last) in January, I'm currently #6 (final playoff spot) 1 game ahead of #7
Coincidentally, we're also matched-up this week and I'm currently down 4-5 

image.thumb.png.3448356f2cbf4610ea3a370cc0c19488.png

- 11% FG | - 2 3PTM | - 8 STL | +4 BLK

Made some big moves:
- Added Wayne Ellington, dropped Nikola Mirotic
- Added Luke Kennard, dropped Spencer Dinwiddie

My players for tomorrow: Westbrook, Teague, Dunn, Ellington, Kennard, Markkanen, Harrell, and Drummond

while he has: Kemba, Shai, Batum, LaVine, Bazemore, Jeff Green, Vooch and Nurkic, 

and my strategy is to wait and see.
most of his gunners are going to play early

1st batch: CHA vs POR -  his Kemba + Batum + Nurkic

< 4 BLK, then play all (Harrell + Markkanen + Dunn)
  else, play Harrell only

2nd batch: ATL vs CHI - LaVine + Bazemore vs my Dunn + Markkanen
                 NYK vs LAC - Shai vs my Harrell

> 8 BLK, then play Drummond only
  < 4 BLK, then play all (Drummond + Kennard + Ellington)

3rd batch: MIN vs WAS - his Jeff Green vs my Teague
                DET vs TOR - my Drummond + Kennard + Ellington
                ORL vs CLE - his Vooch

> 20% FG or < 1 BLK then play Westbrook
  else, don't play Westbrook unless
       <= 2 STL or <= 2 3PTM

4th batch: OKC vs MEM - my Westbrook

To make it simple, just play everyone to secure the BLKs and accept 4-5
But I want to get at least 5-4 so I need to micro-manage the lineups tomorrow

25 teams, $7,100 in.  Resulted in 19 teams in the playoffs, 9 byes.  Kinda bummed out that I had 4 teams on the bubble yesterday and only 2 got it...at some point it looked like all 4 would, but oh well.  There's something to said about diversification, injury news will bum me out, but there's always someone I'm competing with in a different league that gets ******, too.

Let's see how the next three weeks go.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Tom Chambers said:

25 teams, $7,100 in.  Resulted in 19 teams in the playoffs, 9 byes.  Kinda bummed out that I had 4 teams on the bubble yesterday and only 2 got it...at some point it looked like all 4 would, but oh well.  There's something to said about diversification, injury news will bum me out, but there's always someone I'm competing with in a different league that gets ******, too.

hopefully those 9 byes aren't $25/50 leagues ha... just playing

made playoffs with my first 5 picks getting inj or missing serious time... kawhi, embid, capela, otto porter, Covington 

Edited by colepenhagen

Posted (edited)

ahahha my luck these two semi-finals weeks 

ahaha playing against a guy who owns: listen up

Giannis

Love

Otto

LaVine

😆😂🤣

Edited by Stefan
  • Haha 1

Bit of a struggle 'til the end. First time winning a championship based on higher regular season seed after a tie score. Team was decimated closer and closer it got to the end. Love, Markkanen, Mirotic, Brogdon, Gordon (a game here and there), Middleton out of the blue the last day, added T. Prince for final week, but a sudden foot injury so no games from him etc. Had dominated 3PT for pretty much the entire season, but had to switch strategies midway through the final week. Final day add of Zubac got me 1 blk needed to remain at least even in that category (3 in total for me for the night, opponent got 7). Lucked out in dodging severe injury problems for the majority of the season. The last two PO weeks were the biggest struggle.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Going to almost copy Kool-Aid from above lol

Bit of a struggle 'til the end - Check.  Down most of the week.

First time winning a championship based on higher regular season seed after a tie score - Check.  4-4-1 with blocks tied at 28-28.  Also first time winning Fantasy Basketball (2nd time playing with the first time being more than 10 years ago)

Team was decimated closer and closer it got to the end - Check.  Lost Conley x 2 to rest (or injuries), 1 x Bagley, 1 x Embiid and 1 x Griffin.

Lucked out in dodging severe injury problems for the majority of the season - Checked.  Lavine and Teague are my only 2 notable drops due to injury.

My season defining move was trading Butler for George early in the season.  It was approximately 1 week before Butler got traded :)

Edited by waylanderz
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2019 at 8:27 AM, Tom Chambers said:

Well, the first two weeks of the playoffs were brutal.  Like a horrible string of luck.  But I ended up with 3 champions, 3 second places, and 5 third places.

Gave Yahoo $7,100 back in October, Yahoo's gonna give me $11,280 this week.  Profit of $4,180.  I could've had a LOT better of a March, though.  Really had some extra unlucky s---.  Oh well.

Edited by Tom Chambers

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Tom Chambers said:

Well, the first two weeks of the playoffs were brutal.  Like a horrible string of luck.  But I ended up with 3 champions, 3 second places, and 5 third places.

Gave Yahoo $7,100 back in October, Yahoo's gonna give me $11,280 this week.  Profit of $4,180.  I could've had a LOT better of a March, though.  Really had some extra unlucky s---.  Oh well.

not bad. thought it would of been more on 7k investment but thats fantasy bball. 4k profit still solid

2k profit for me on 4 leagues.

Edited by colepenhagen

Posted (edited)
On 4/1/2019 at 2:37 PM, colepenhagen said:

not bad. thought it would of been more on 7k investment but thats fantasy bball. 4k profit still solid

2k profit for me on 4 leagues.

Yeah, last year I put in like 2,300 and got back like 5,500 or something, so the return on investment wasn't nearly as high this year.  So the question is, were last year's results (more than 100% profit, almost 150%) more typical, or this years (like 60%).  I guess we'll find out next year...

Edited by Tom Chambers

Posted (edited)

Next CSB: I'm already practicing my B2B Rotoworld FG% Prediction Champion trophy acceptance speech.

All of page 13 is ridiculously funny, but did I nail his FG%? He's got four games to get off 54%, or else this is just eerie. 

Last year Lonzo, this year Siakam, who's down to bet someone shoots something outlandish next year?  I smell a threepeat.

Edited by Tom Chambers