jfazz23

New York Yankees 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

11 minutes ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

 

Paxton won't be cheap either.  Probably more expensive than Kluber.   He's not a free agent until 2021 and only earned $4.9m last year.

 

injury history hurts his value tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

 

injury history hurts his value tho

 

Maybe a little.  Paxton is expected to get around $9m this year which is very cheap for a good SP.

Kluber gets around $46m for the next 3 years before becoming a free agent.   Also not bad.

 

I think both players will fetch a good return.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Brooklyn Dude said:

 

Maybe a little.  Paxton is expected to get around $9m this year which is very cheap for a good SP.

Kluber gets around $46m for the next 3 years before becoming a free agent.   Also not bad.

 

I think both players will fetch a good return.

 

oh yea, they wont be cheap. im thinking something like deivi garcia, estevan florial, justus sheffield and another player like albert abreu or luis medina can get him

 

 

8 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

It's official. Looks like one year $8 Million

 

so happy CC is back.  he protects his teammates 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jfazz23 said:

paxton is under contract....u cant sign him

 

indians want to dump salary to sign lindor/joram.  plus if paxton is available too it gives the yanks the leverage.

Looking more at cots contracts I see The Indians signed Kluber to a perfect deal for them ,.. signed till 2019 with club options in 2020/21. Also JoRam is signed till 2021 to another perfect friendly contract for the Indians 5 yrs 26M plus options for 2022/23 

 

your wish list list of the Yankees getting Kluber is a pipe dream .. put the pipe down and get real. I just don’t see the Indians trading Kluber. 

 

Mariners are sellers already? It is November Lol

Brown & jfazz are dreaming 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Looking more at cots contracts I see The Indians signed Kluber to a perfect deal for them ,.. signed till 2019 with club options in 2020/21. Also JoRam is signed till 2021 to another perfect friendly contract for the Indians 5 yrs 26M plus options for 2022/23 

 

your wish list list of the Yankees getting Kluber is a pipe dream .. put the pipe down and get real. I just don’t see the Indians trading Kluber. 

 

Mariners are sellers already? It is November Lol

Brown & jfazz are dreaming 

 

 The Indians are open to trading Kluber.  M's are willing to sell, but want a kings ransom for their controllable youth. The idea that the M's will discount Paxton even an ounce because of his injury history is a pipe dream.

 

The Kluber trade idea seems more like a sell high and get future value. They have lots of salary clearing after this year. Klubers contract should have zero to do with an ability to give Lindor a big long term deal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

 The Indians are open to trading Kluber.  M's are willing to sell, but want a kings ransom for their controllable youth. The idea that the M's will discount Paxton even an ounce because of his injury history is a pipe dream.

 

The Kluber trade idea seems more like a sell high and get future value. They have lots of salary clearing after this year. Klubers contract should have zero to do with an ability to give Lindor a big long term deal.

Exactly. He's going into his age 33 season. 2 years left that are guaranteed, + an option or buyout in the 3rd year.  They want to get the best return while they can.

 

They're also looking to give a guy like Ryan Merritt the opportunity to start.  And Bieber is obviously in their plans.  They have some other young guys with a lot of promise not too far away.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Slatykamora said:

 The Indians are open to trading Kluber.  M's are willing to sell, but want a kings ransom for their controllable youth. The idea that the M's will discount Paxton even an ounce because of his injury history is a pipe dream.

 

The Kluber trade idea seems more like a sell high and get future value. They have lots of salary clearing after this year. Klubers contract should have zero to do with an ability to give Lindor a big long term deal.

Probably every team is open to trade any player if they could get the right deal. 

 

I just don’t believe the Indians will trade there best pitcher especially a guy who is under a nice team friendly contract. Also, the Indians are contenders not pretenders. Trading Corey is not the right move if they want to contend 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Indians are open to trading Kluber and Carrasco to help in getting younger. The division they play in is not that hard for them to win and for the playoffs, they are far from contending. They need a lot of offensive help imo.

 

Heard a good one today in Nelson Cruz should sign with Houston. Be a good park for him as it could add 10-15 HRS a year. Houston has the money and a need for a DH. One of those makes sense ideas that never would happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sanchez has opted to under go a left shoulder debridement. Apparently it's been bothering him for a couple years. Reports are that he will be ready for Opening Day, according to Cashman. I would speculate this rules out any of the trade rumors floating around. 

 

Anecdotally I had a medial epicondyle debridement on my elbow several years ago. Mine was an open surgery (not arthroscopic). They basically detached the tendon, cleaned up the ragged edges and scar tissue, and reattached it to the bone. I imagine for Gary it will be arthroscopic but basically still just a cleanup op.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Probably every team is open to trade any player if they could get the right deal. 

 

I just don’t believe the Indians will trade there best pitcher especially a guy who is under a nice team friendly contract. Also, the Indians are contenders not pretenders. Trading Corey is not the right move if they want to contend 

 

I agree it is weird that they would trade Kluber but they have officially said both he and Carrasco are available for trades.  It may be just a fishing expedition to see what he could bring but if some team like NY goes crazy and blows them out of the water with a really great offer I can see them puling the trigger what with their pitching depth.

 

Now I don't see BOTH Kluber and Carrasco getting traded.  It would be one or the other at most.  They should have a cakewalk in the AL Central again so trading both seems too extreme and approaching a teardown.  But trading one to make them better contenders against Houston, Boston and NY in the playoffs seems doable.  It isn't the regular season where they need help right now.  They need bats and a better bullpen in the playoffs.

 

It would be ironic if they make a deal with the Yankees and these two teams face each other in the 2019 playoffs, wouldn't it.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wouldn't touch Kluber. He has chronic lower back issues and that's the type of injury that almost never improves/goes away with age. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, absknicks said:

I wouldn't touch Kluber. He has chronic lower back issues and that's the type of injury that almost never improves/goes away with age. 

 

i  mean hes 32 and has 2 years on his contract at a VERY reasonable price.  he threw 215 innings this year and has 5 straight years of 200 innings. its a chance you take... this attitude is why we dont have verlander.  we shouldnt miss out on kluber if we have the chance to grab him

Edited by jfazz23
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yankees are interested in Jurickson Profar.  Looking to do Gray for Profar but Rangers want aother prospect in the deal.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be honest I'm not terribly excited about CC being back. With Gardner I felt like he's OK to bring back because really he has a role on the team as basically a 4th OF late inning defensive replacement/ Pinch runner/ give somebody a day off etc. So he's still has useful skills in that regard. But with CC there's just not really any upside at this point I mean basically when he starts you just try and nurse him through 5 innings and call it a day. Don't get me wrong I'll always love CC to pieces for 2009 and there is absolutely no denying he's a stalwart team mate but it is that a really a reason to bring him back on a team with WS aspirations? Maybe. but I just felt like at this point the yankees could do better. 

 

Kluber is interesting. He would no doubt address a need and make the team better... but I can't help but be a little suspicious of the Indians wanting to grab something good for him anticipating a possible decline (and maybe even a precipitous one) in the future. I haven't looked at him closely (fwiw didn't have any shares last year) but his K rate did drop off by roughly 8% compared to 2017. That's huge especially in just one year. It's very possible the decline has begun and has mentioned the back problem certainly doesn't help matters. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

CC averaged over 5 IP per start (29 starts) and had a 3.65 ERA.  That's pretty solid for a 5th starter in the AL East.   In comparison, JA Happ had a 3.65 ERA in 31 starts, averaging under 6 IP per start.  Everyone wanted him back.  And he'll be looking at a multi-year deal for more money.

Edited by MrBrown
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Yankees are interested in Jurickson Profar.  Looking to do Gray for Profar but Rangers want aother prospect in the deal.

 

Would the idea be that Profar replaces Didi?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, BigPapi44 said:

 

Would the idea be that Profar replaces Didi?

Yea Profar could play SS or 2B while Didi's out, depending on where they prefer Torres.  Then when Didi returns, Profar could become the starting LF or just move all over as a super utility guy.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I like the CC signing ..  IMO - Brown for the win 

3 hours ago, MrBrown said:

CC averaged over 5 IP per start (29 starts) and had a 3.65 ERA.  That's pretty solid for a 5th starter in the AL East.   In comparison, JA Happ had a 3.65 ERA in 31 starts, averaging under 6 IP per start.  Everyone wanted him back.  And he'll be looking at a multi-year deal for more money.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

 

i  mean hes 32 and has 2 years on his contract at a VERY reasonable price.  he threw 215 innings this year and has 5 straight years of 200 innings. its a chance you take... this attitude is why we dont have verlander.  we shouldnt miss out on kluber if we have the chance to grab him

 

32 is dirt old in today's MLB. It's not a chance I take. 

 

His back is done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yankees and Indians are slightly closer to making a trade that would send Carrasco to the Yankees.  Still a lot to do.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Yankees and Indians are slightly closer to making a trade that would send Carrasco to the Yankees.  Still a lot to do.

source???

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

source???

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/11/gm-meetings-notes-yankees-goldschmidt-mariners-indians-kluber-carrasco-paxton-sonny-gray-trade-rumors-padres-athleticss.html

From Yesterday 

"And the New York delegation to the GM Meetings met with their peers from the Indians, per Jon Heyman of Fancred (via Twitter), with Corey Kluber and Carlos Carrascoboth covered in conversation. "

 

 

Nothing seems imminent. But Carrasco definitely a name yanks are looking at. Wonder what the Indians would get in return. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2018/11/gm-meetings-notes-yankees-goldschmidt-mariners-indians-kluber-carrasco-paxton-sonny-gray-trade-rumors-padres-athleticss.html

From Yesterday 

"And the New York delegation to the GM Meetings met with their peers from the Indians, per Jon Heyman of Fancred (via Twitter), with Corey Kluber and Carlos Carrascoboth covered in conversation. "

 

 

Nothing seems imminent. But Carrasco definitely a name yanks are looking at. Wonder what the Indians would get in return. 

 

 

i know. but he made it seem a deal was close. its prelim talks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

 

 

i know. but he made it seem a deal was close. its prelim talks

I said they are slightly closer but there's "still a lot to do" for any deal to happen.  Not exactly close but they have been progressing.  From what I hear, they've agreed on the first player that the Yankees would send to the Tribe.  They're working out what other players would be included.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now