jfazz23

New York Yankees 2019 Outlook

they just signed Gardner to a 1 year 7.5mil deal

think that means Harper is def out. also makes me question if Clint Frazier will ever play for the yanks.

Torres 2B
Judge RF
Machado SS

Stanton DH

Andujar 3B

Hicks CF

Sanchez C

Voit 1B

Gardner LF

6 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

they just signed Gardner to a 1 year 7.5mil deal

think that means Harper is def out. also makes me question if Clint Frazier will ever play for the yanks.

Yea Harper is likely out.  It had been reported the Yankees were not going to pursue him even before Gardner signed.  C Frazier needs to get healthy and then he can get his shot.  Gardner would then become the 4th OF.  Hicks has been injury-prone so need a guy who can also handle CF, not much in free agency to fill that need.  Gardner was the best fit.  Would like Gardner to finish hi career with the Yankees too, and have a better year than 2018.

Then there's the forgotten man Ellsbury, who knows if he'll show his face in 2019.

super boring first move re-signing Gardy but he still has value as a glove first 4th OF. And despite being 35 he still has great speed so there's that I suppose. 

As far as the other carry over from 2009 I love CC he was such a big part of the last WS team but at this point you'd figure the Yankees really should aim to do better (cough cough Corbin) if they are truly vying for a title in 2019. 

2 minutes ago, DidiFan said:

super boring first move re-signing Gardy but he still has value as a glove first 4th OF. And despite being 35 he still has great speed so there's that I suppose. 

As far as the other carry over from 2009 I love CC he was such a big part of the last WS team but at this point you'd figure the Yankees really should aim to do better (cough cough Corbin) if they are truly vying for a title in 2019. 

It sounds like CC will be back.  They'll still be going for Corbin though.

• Like 2

I would definitely not count the Yanks out on Harper just because they signed Gardy who was pretty much their 4th OF for the second half of 2018. Gardy, like CC, is worth more to the Yanks for their leadership and veteran presence in the clubhouse. He doesn't complain about his usage and always plays hard which is worth it to bring him back for 7 MM or whatever it was. It eliminates Cutch more so than Harper. Yanks never show their hand and I wouldn't take the rumors seriously yet. Stanton wasn't even on their radar and now he's in pinstripes. 

15 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Torres 2B
Judge RF
Machado SS

Stanton DH

Andujar 3B

Hicks CF

Sanchez C

Voit 1B

Gardner LF

This is a scary lineup.. you should have posted this on Halloween.

23 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Torres 2B
Judge RF
Machado SS

Stanton DH

Andujar 3B

Hicks CF

Sanchez C

Voit 1B

Gardner LF

Lol the whole lineup is right-handed (not literally, but you get my point).

2 hours ago, My Dinner With Andre said:

Lol the whole lineup is right-handed (not literally, but you get my point).

so the whole..."yankees need lefties" is blown out of proportion IMO.  the thought is, yankees need lefties because right field is short and that will cause more homeruns if you stack lefties.

it really doesnt matter when you have Stanton, Judge and even sanchez.  left center is nothing to them.  so if those guys hit like 46, 41 and 35 respectively it really doesnt matter if they have lefties.

not to mention boston's 1 and 2 are sale and price...both left handed.

• Like 1

Hope you're all sitting down. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

On 11/2/2018 at 7:38 PM, BigPapi44 said:

Over-Under on Luke Voit getting 450 ABs next year.

Voit wasn't intimidated by his superstar teammates and looked very comfortable in that lineup.   Over.

• Thanks 1

Voit is not going to hit .333/.405/.689 in 2019 but Yankees will give him the opportnity.  Especially since having him at 1B will allow them to spend more in other areas of the team.  If he fails miserably, then maybe Yankees get Edwin Encarnacion for a cheap rental.

Latest Yankees rumors as of Sunday November 4th.  Just say no to Bryce it seems:

Steve Phillips of MLB Network Radio reports that the Yankees "will not be in on (Bryce) Harper" this offseason.

It's not terribly surprising that the club apparently won't be in on the Harper sweepstakes, especially after they re-signed Brett Gardner. Phillips adds that Manny Machado and pitching will be the Yanks' "Plan A" this winter. For what it's worth, Andy Martino of SNY.tv reported previously that the Yankees were "lukewarm" on going after Machado.

Source: Steve Phillips on Twitter                                                                        Nov 4 - 1:16 PM

4 hours ago, shakestreet said:

Lets get rid of Stanton & Boone sign Harper, Morton & Eovaldi

resign Happ

Sounds like a plan. I'll drive Boone to the airport myself. Free of charge. 

Yankees are meeting with the Indians to discuss Kluber. Seeing what kind of deal it will take.  Sounds like Kluber is more likely to be moved that Carrasco.

Mariners also being sellers...Paxton?

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MrBrown said:

Yankees are meeting with the Indians to discuss Kluber. Seeing what kind of deal it will take.  Sounds like Kluber is more likely to be moved that Carrasco.

im hearing this too

kluber, carrasco or paxton will be a yankee...and then sign corbin.  if they have to trade andujar to get it done then they sign machado.

9 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

im hearing this too

kluber, carrasco or paxton will be a yankee...and then sign corbin.  if they have to trade andujar to get it done then they sign machado.

Maybe Cleveland wants Clint Frazier back in a deal. Yanks got him in the Andrew Miller deal.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MrBrown said:

The Indians you know will be to asking too much for Kluber. 

I am going to nix this deal. 

Sign Paxton but let’s not trade Andujar. 

5 hours ago, shakestreet said:

The Indians you know will be to asking too much for Kluber. 

I am going to nix this deal. 

Sign Paxton but let’s not trade Andujar. 

paxton is under contract....u cant sign him

indians want to dump salary to sign lindor/joram.  plus if paxton is available too it gives the yanks the leverage.

32 minutes ago, jfazz23 said:

paxton is under contract....u cant sign him

indians want to dump salary to sign lindor/joram.  plus if paxton is available too it gives the yanks the leverage.

Paxton won't be cheap either.  Probably more expensive than Kluber.   He's not a free agent until 2021 and only earned $4.9m last year.