jfazz23

New York Yankees 2019 Outlook

2 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

only trade id make at this point is for paul goldschmidt 

How about this latest trade rumor though:

Jon Heyman of Fancred reports that the Yankees are among the teams showing interest in Marlins catcher J.T. Realmuto.

We've already heard of interest from the Astros, Brewers, Dodgers, and Phillies, among others, but the Yankees are new to this particular discussion. Heyman writes that the Yanks are willing to part with Gary Sanchez in a package for Realmuto but still hold Sanchez "in high enough regard that they have resisted offering other top pieces" along with him. Realmuto should fetch the rebuilding Marlins a massive return as a 27-year-old catcher coming off a 2018 season that saw him register an .825 OPS with 21 home runs and 74 RBI over 125 games.

Source: Fancred Sports                                                   Nov 29 - 3:44 PM

And hey I have Luke Voit on some of my dynasty teams so I am totally against the Yankees getting Goldy, heh.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory

10 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

How about this latest trade rumor though:

And hey I have Luke Voit on some of my dynasty teams so I am totally against the Yankees getting Goldy, heh.

wow.  i still think sanchez has 35 homerun pop.  i think i give him another year unless hes some sort of problem in the clubhouse or something.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jfazz23 said:

wow.  i still think sanchez has 35 homerun pop.  i think i give him another year unless hes some sort of problem in the clubhouse or something.  

Realmuto for Sanchez is a win for the Yanks, IMO.  I think he would be nice Fit in a lineup with Tons of power. He's 27 and consistently hits. The yanks seem vulnerable to the strikeout and Realmuto seems like a good fit. The lineup seem better with that type of guy. Just my thought.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Eddie Mush said:

Anyone thinking the Mets and Yanks would make a trade involving a player's caliber like Thor's is delusional.

I wasn't saying it should/could happen, Sheffield is already gone, I'm saying I think that package is better than what the Mets will end up getting for Thor, IF they trade him, and of course I think Yankees would have been willing to do it, but I wonder if the Yanks would have been better off in the long run anyway.

Yanks projected rotation right now:

1 Sevvy

2. Paxton

3. Tanaka

4. Happ

5. CC/Gray/Montgomery/Adams/Loaisiga...

Do we still go after Thor? Are we looking at a 6 man rotation?  Obviously at least 2 of those projected #5's end up in the pen. One will probably get traded (Gray). It still leaves a crowded rotation if we do in fact go after another top tier guy. What do you guys think?

Edited by Dirty Little Birdie

14 minutes ago, Dirty Little Birdie said:

Yanks projected rotation right now:

1 Sevvy

2. Paxton

3. Tanaka

4. Happ

5. CC/Gray/Montgomery/Adams/Loaisiga...

Do we still go after Thor? Are we looking at a 6 man rotation?  Obviously at least 2 of those projected #5's end up in the pen. One will probably get traded (Gray). It still leaves a crowded rotation if we do in fact go after another top tier guy. What do you guys think?

...you can go ahead and add Michael King to the list of guys. 

Who wants Machado here?  I don't.  Happy with the current roster, even keeping Gray - could do a 6-man.  I don't like trading low on guys.

Sanchez is a home-grown guy.  It was nice Cashman came out and said there was nothing to the Reammuto talks.  Hope he feels the same way about Andujar. . . .

• Like 1

Id feel pretty good about this team if they add Britton and another RH reliever.  Ottavino would be a dream but I don't think its likely they add Britton and Ottavino.

I really don't want Machado.  Give Andujar another year and if he doesn't improve go after Arenado or a short term deal for Donaldson next offseason (assuming Donaldson bounces back to his Oakland/Toronto years of production).

• Like 1

Yes, when I said I was "ready to roll," I forgot about the pen.  I was hoping they would pursue Miller.  Not sure how I feel about Britton; I don't know anything about Ottavino.  Also they have to make a decision about Clint Frazier.

WAY too many things still up in the air to make me feel confident about this year. The Tulo signing was meh. Id have NO problem swooping in last second and snatching Machado (in turn just cutting Tulo and his minimal contract) and using DJL as a super utility guy. We ALSO need to sign one more reliever (id like to see Ottovino a Yank). Lastly, whats our outfield situation? Lets not forget about Frazier. Where does  he fit in? Remember that guy Jacoby Ellsbury? Yah we still have him too. Thats like 34 outfielders for 3 spots. All in all I just really hope we sign Machado or better yet....Harper and figure out a way to make his bat play. Package Bird/Gray/Gardner/Ellsbury and get one more guy to fit the needs of whatever it is we have after a Machado/Harper/Ottovino signing. 

Maybe its just me but Im not super confident with our current roster. Id hate to see a revolving door type roster that changes from day to do with no consistency offensively. 

What do you guys think?

My rest-of-offseason plan...

1- Sign Ottavino.

2- Trade Gray.

3- Sign 1-2 back end SP as rotation depth 

4- Save money for Arenado in 2019 and Trout in 2020.

12 minutes ago, Gotham_Soldier said:

My rest-of-offseason plan...

1- Sign Ottavino.

2- Trade Gray.

3- Sign 1-2 back end SP as rotation depth 

4- Save money for Arenado in 2019 and Trout in 2020.

i think trout wants to go to the phillies

itmay be why the phillies arent signing a ton of big contracts this offseason

With the signing of Ottavino, did the Yanks just secure the AL Pennant?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

They have had a great offseason so far and yet some of their fans are clamoring for more! Paxton was a great trade. The bullpen is the best in the game on paper. They added DJL, who is a professional hitter and will get the job done. Plus they won 100 games with bad seasons from Sanchez and Bird, both of whom I believe will turn it around. I also expect Stanton to be better as well. Throw in the fact that Torres, Andujar and Judge are all extremely young and should be improved, they have a championship caliber team already. 

Stop being Panic City, save that title for my team!

4 hours ago, Fantasy Baseball Geek said:

They have had a great offseason so far and yet some of their fans are clamoring for more! Paxton was a great trade. The bullpen is the best in the game on paper. They added DJL, who is a professional hitter and will get the job done. Plus they won 100 games with bad seasons from Sanchez and Bird, both of whom I believe will turn it around. I also expect Stanton to be better as well. Throw in the fact that Torres, Andujar and Judge are all extremely young and should be improved, they have a championship caliber team already. 

Stop being Panic City, save that title for my team!

How did the "best" bullpen on paper do last year?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

How did the "best" bullpen on paper do last year?

4th in MLB

But I blame that on the manager...

They've been "saving money for next year's big FA" for half a decade now. Meanwhile the Red Sox have won two championships in that time frame. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, absknicks said:

They've been "saving money for next year's big FA" for half a decade now. Meanwhile the Red Sox have won two championships in that time frame. 

ya and its got them judge, torres, andujar, severino, sanchez...exactly how the mid 90s team were built

not to mention they got Stanton and a 300+mil contract.

you are greatly exaggerating the yankees "saving money".  they are just no longer giving Arod 10 years or ellsbury 7

• Like 2

8 hours ago, jfazz23 said:

ya and its got them judge, torres, andujar, severino, sanchez...exactly how the mid 90s team were built

not to mention they got Stanton and a 300+mil contract.

you are greatly exaggerating the yankees "saving money".  they are just no longer giving Arod 10 years or ellsbury 7

Are you saying the original Arod deal was a mistake?

13 hours ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

i realize you are trying to make a "gotcha" point but it isnt gonna work.

13 hours ago, Triple Short Of a Cycle said:

ARods first ten year deal was signed with Texas and for Texas and its ability to pay it the contract was a mistake even though Arod played very good for the three years he was with Texas.

The Yankees got Arod for seven of those years for a 179m with Texas including 67m. So essentially the Yankees got Arod for 7/112m.

Boston had a deal in place that the players union objected to the financial terms and so Arod became a Yankee.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Low and Away said:

ARods first ten year deal was signed with Texas and for Texas and its ability to pay it the contract was a mistake even though Arod played very good for the three years he was with Texas.

The Yankees got Arod for seven of those years for a 179m with Texas including 67m. So essentially the Yankees got Arod for 7/112m.

Boston had a deal in place that the players union objected to the financial terms and so Arod became a Yankee.

More like the Yankees paid Alex 20M for years 2015, 16 & 17 . ... so I believe yes it was a mistake. 

7 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

More like the Yankees paid Alex 20M for years 2015, 16 & 17 . ... so I believe yes it was a mistake. 

That wasn't his first ten year contract though that you refer to. The one signed with the Yankees was a terrible contract.