SnackilleOatmeal

Terrence Ross 2018-2019 Outlook

@jmoney23 you posted in the 2017 thread, but I believe that your opinions about Ross could be true as well. The volume is there, and he may run hot and cold, but the upside is encouraging. Only 4% owned in Yahoo leagues, averaging 3.0 three’s on 15 PPG in the past week. I’m streaming him in my 12 team league for now, but I feel like maybe these numbers are sustainable, though the 3’s may fluctuate due to his hot and cold nature. He’s also averaging nearly 1.5 steals a game, signifying his value as a defender as well. Thoughts everyone?

Edited by SnackilleOatmeal
More details.

2 hours ago, SnackilleOatmeal said:

@jmoney23 you posted in the 2017 thread, but I believe that your opinions about Ross could be true as well. The volume is there, and he may run hot and cold, but the upside is encouraging. Only 4% owned in Yahoo leagues, averaging 3.0 three’s on 15 PPG in the past week. I’m streaming him in my 12 team league for now, but I feel like maybe these numbers are sustainable, though the 3’s may fluctuate due to his hot and cold nature. He’s also averaging nearly 1.5 steals a game, signifying his value as a defender as well. Thoughts everyone?

Haven't really watched the games but why has his minutes fluctuated between high 28 and 19? It's literally one game 26 then 19 then 29 then 19 for the past 7 games. Does it mean he's going to play 18 minutes because he played 27 last game? He's definitely ownable if he's getting close to 30 min a game for the reasons stated above.

I took a flier on him in a deep 12 team league. His good games have been really good. in 25 minutes he can easily average 14 pts and 2 threes- the question is can he keep the steals up, and he has the athleticism for that.

He’s more of a definite watch right now. He’s been in the league for like 6-7 years and I doubt he’ll be doing a breakout campaign this time round.

51 minutes ago, tazdingo said:

He’s more of a definite watch right now. He’s been in the league for like 6-7 years and I doubt he’ll be doing a breakout campaign this time round.

Only 5% owned. For his 3PT upside, he's definitely on my watch list.

not much talk about this guy but he could be good for the upcoming 4 game week especially if Isaac is going to miss a few more games.  He's mostly a 3s and steals guy but could put up decent points if he gets the run.  He won't be worth holding long term but maybe for the next week or so.

Edited by nyfresh1

He always has spurts like these. Nice short term play but when Isaac gets back he’s streamer status

30 minutes ago, thusanaysayer said:

So what do you guys think... nice string of games... something, nothing, or everything?

Hes been absolutely killing it. Insta-offense off the bunch. It’s been a solid season so far.

i know he’s worth owning for as long as Isaacs is out. But he’s been playing so damn well, I’m wondering if he’ll still get 24-25 mins off the bench as the sixth man once everybody is back, guy has decent per min production. 

Seems like hes settling as as the 6th man for my magic 

always been a good steals guys so id proj his end of season numbers to approach 1.5 steals given he maintains an average of around 25 mins per game

Isaac is back tonight so lets see how this plays out

Worth noting, there was a blurb saying how this was the first season where he wasn’t dinged up with injuries, maybe could explain the more consistent play this yr?

In deeper leagues, I would wait and see how things plays out with Isaacs back in the mix. Ross is pretty solid per min producer, so if he gets 6th man duties could be still worth owning in deeper leagues.

For what it’s worth, Jonathan simmons have been getting 20-25 mins a night, and he’s been pretty damn bad. I’m hoping they dial back his mins once Isaacs is back and not Ross’s.

Picked him up as a streamer for Sunday’s game at New York but now he’s looking like a solid hold. Wasn’t getting many looks early tonight, but just hit back to back shots to give Orlando the lead. Dude is locked in from the perimeter and is playing solid defense as well.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, papocrain said:

Ross has been cooking. Hits a clutch three to give Magic the lead.

hope he gets more of iwundu's minutes. i mean, who the f is iwundu

I dropped McGruder for him. Gonna ride the hot hand. 16-17 T-Ross was top 100 and should be owned in 12-team standard league.

I still can't break from his past, what is it now.. past 3-4 seasons where he has these string of games and you think oh, breakout season! only to fall back into his inconsistencies... can this finally be the year? 

It will be interesting to watch with Isaac back

He actually plays better coming off the bench. Being that guy who carries the second unit actually helps his value in fantasy land. 

Ride the hot hand by all means - but I don't see his game being any more valuable ROS than it has in previous seasons.

Edited by flat_eric

4 hours ago, thusanaysayer said:

I still can't break from his past, what is it now.. past 3-4 seasons where he has these string of games and you think oh, breakout season! only to fall back into his inconsistencies... can this finally be the year? 

It will be interesting to watch with Isaac back

New coach, new system. He's the type of player that gets a bump in today's era of extreme pace. I expect to see him on the floor enough to be fantasy relevant, especially down the stretch. I've watched a lot of Magic games this year and they are actually a decent ball club that looks to be improving as they get more familiar with the new Steve Clifford system. Right now, their best lineup is probably DJ, Fournier, Ross, Gordon and Vuc. I do think in some circumstances Issac could be a factor......... I wouldnt be surprised to see him finish as a 14/15ppg guy with 2.5 threes, a steal and decent efficiency. He's basically a poor man's Taurean Prince who most managers got for free. Good back end asset.......

• Like 2

Worth owning with Isaac back?? His floor is lower now cause his min. will only be around 20-24 per. Thoughts ? 

Trending down after a hot stretch. Can be dropped for now I guess. Get him back again next time Issac/Simmons injury happens. 

He had 13fga today in 22mins. as the main chucker off the bench. I would hold in 14+ teams and maybe some 12s depending if you neeed 3s. He will not be the stud he was when Isaac was out but he will definitely provide 3s and points with a trickle of defensive stats.