Jets486

High-Stakes, Reality Virtual Baseball League Has Openings

I wrote about this league a year ago when it was about to begin its inaugural season and now, nine months later, we have a few openings and a ton of momentum. To reiterate what I mentioned when the league was first starting, it has everything you could possibly want: Rule 5 Draft, 40-Man Rosters, Full Minor League System, Contract Negotiations, Arbitration, and obviously, Batting Lineups, Pitching Rotations, 162-Game Schedule, etc. If the real MLB has it, so does our Virtual Baseball League.

Most importantly, one of the reasons why all 30 of us owners bought in before the year began was the expectation that our investments would rapidly grow. It's a fantasy baseball league, but it also has tens of thousands of dollars at stake (this last prize pool was $50,000), and the teams, themselves, are now assets.

Right now, we're going to be retaining roughly 80 percent of our original owners, and two teams have already been re-sold. Neither lost money on the initial purchase, and one was sold for a 25% profit in less than six months.

I'm leading with the money aspect of this only because I don't need to explain the league any more than I did, last year. It's for the most serious of fantasy baseball players, so it immediately cuts out a large chunk of interested parties. And, with only a few teams available, it's likely that we re-fill the league in a few weeks (which is also when the Winter Meetings begin, some of which will be held live, in-person in Las Vegas).

I, myself, am an owner of one of the teams (not the league), but I've been so in love with everything that this company has to offer that I feel responsible to help get more people into it. And, with a full year under our belts, I think all 25 or so of us returning owners (there are actually a lot more, since many teams have front offices of general managers and scouts) are completely invested in seeing the league grow.

Anyway, email me at Jets486@aol.com so I can give you all the details, and there is always a review process by the commissioner before approving any new owners.

The current teams for sale are the rTigers, rMarlins, rCardinals, rPirates, rPhillies, and rRedSox. Most of the teams still closely resemble their real-life counterparts, but it’s been a year and some have changed. Here are some highlighted assets for a few of the clubs, with more to come: 

rTigers

Mike Moustakas

Nicholas Castellanos

Michael Fulmer

Miguel Cabrera

Franklin Perez

Matt Manning

Alex Faedo

Beau Burrows

Casey Mize

rMarlins

Marcell Ozuna

Jonathan Schoop

J.T. Realmuto

Dan Straily

Jose Urena

Justus Sheffield

Ryan Mountcastle

Hunter Harvey

Dillon Peters

Mason Denaburg

rCardinals

Wil Myers

Carlos Martinez

Luke Weaver

Jose Martinez

Paul DeJong

Harrison Bader

Sandy Alcantara

Adolis Garcia

Alex Reyes

Dakora Hudson

Logan Gilbert

End of the weekend bump. Still a few teams left and I think we are close to selling one at the moment. Email me at Jets486@aol.com if you want more information.