Slatykamora

David Dahl 2019 Outlook

It’s nice to visit his thread and talk about how well he’s doing instead of making fun of his Instagram posts when he’s injured. I thought he’d be more adept with the base stealing but that’s a minor complaint with how he’s hitting. I’m just happy he’s stayed on the field after that dl stint.

kind of ridiculous how hot he gets when he goes on these streaks. kind of has a mountain-man axe swing, but the athleticism and bat speed lashes the ball in all directions, and when he's locked in at Coors... he's one helluva a fantasy stud. 

• Like 1

Whats everyones thoughts on this guy in a dynasty league??  How are you valuing him?

Posted (edited)

90 runs, 30 bombs, 90 RBIs, .280 AVG, 8 bags, .360 OPB, .870 OPS.

numbers around there, give and take a few. He looks like he could get more runs and RBIs. He’s good.

Edited by hangin n wangin

Go back to page 7 of this thread for a good laugh...

Dahl is legit though. Enjoy the summer in Denver.

I have to admit I was probably one of those back on page 7 ragging on him. I wasn't wrong at the time but I sure am now. Happy to say I was lucky enough to pick him back up last week and enjoying the benefits of what is hopefully a rest of the season hot streak.

10 minutes ago, Dalton Gang said:

I have to admit I was probably one of those back on page 7 ragging on him. I wasn't wrong at the time but I sure am now. Happy to say I was lucky enough to pick him back up last week and enjoying the benefits of what is hopefully a rest of the season hot streak.

Weren't wrong about what? If you were ragging on a player that was batting .300, then yes, you were wrong at the time. Baseball is a long season and to complain the way people were in freaking May (when he was still hitting over .300) is flat out asinine and ridiculous.

Those people deserved to be shamed.

On 5/18/2019 at 3:53 PM, raidaz18 said:

Dropped Dahl like a bad habit. He isn't a good hitter and will most likely never be one. No power, no speed, strikes out like a 30+ Home Run hitter even though he can't hit that many.

Nothing to see here, I don't care if they play home games on the moon. Dahl is garbage.

Nice post. Would read again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

On 5/18/2019 at 4:26 PM, raidaz18 said:

I'm trying to justify anything. Everything I stated was a fact as to the reason why I dropped him.

You can say whatever you want. Dahl isn't hitting for power, average, and doesn't steal bases. He also is in a timeshare with below average talent and retreads.

In a 12 team league he's not worth owning.

Another Gem.

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
On 5/21/2019 at 7:35 AM, hangin n wangin said:

I still believe right now. Obviously he’s not putting up the counting stats we hoped for, but the average and OPS are there. He’s missed time due to injury, so that didn’t help his numbers. He also hits in a good line up and either at the top or the middle of it. Lastly, we all know the ball park. 

If he was batting like .220 with the other numbers he has, I would be a lot more worried. But he’s still hitting the ball for average. I’m not even close to dropping him in both of my 12 man leagues where I own him. 

Hoping this will be like a Devers situation. He was on a lot of people’s hit list three weeks ago. Now the same people love him.

slow clap GIF

Edited by hangin n wangin

This man has become of the best hitters in baseball, good for him. Him and the Rockies are gonna be fun to watch as the summer unfolds. Coming from a Dodger fan btw. 

Fouled a ball off his foot.  Apparently played an inning after it happened.

• Thanks 1

Contusion DTD.

Sounds minor. With the day off tomorrow hopefully he's back in Friday.

In the lineup tonight, hitting cleanup.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TribeFoo said:

In the lineup tonight, hitting cleanup.

Are we sure?  Yahoo just alerted out the d2d again

Lineup changed. He’s out now.

He's batting leadoff tonight... I actually kind of like him in that spot.

Brutal.

what’s the fall out here? Any one in particular getting an opportunity if he misses an extended time?