Slatykamora

David Dahl 2019 Outlook

If you are dropping get off his thread

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, summersoff7 said:

so sad how irrelevant he's become

this is a bench until further notice situation.  Don't drop because your league mates will scoop him and he will proceed to go nuts( because that's how that works).

Posted (edited)

I still believe right now. Obviously he’s not putting up the counting stats we hoped for, but the average and OPS are there. He’s missed time due to injury, so that didn’t help his numbers. He also hits in a good line up and either at the top or the middle of it. Lastly, we all know the ball park. 

If he was batting like .220 with the other numbers he has, I would be a lot more worried. But he’s still hitting the ball for average. I’m not even close to dropping him in both of my 12 man leagues where I own him. 

Hoping this will be like a Devers situation. He was on a lot of people’s hit list three weeks ago. Now the same people love him.

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, hangin n wangin said:

I still believe right now. Obviously he’s not putting up the counting stats we hoped for, but the average and OPS are there. He’s missed time due to injury, so that didn’t help his numbers. He also hits in a good line up and either at the top or the middle of it. Lastly, we all know the ball park. 

If he was batting like .220 with the other numbers he has, I would be a lot more worried. But he’s still hitting the ball for average. I’m not even close to dropping him in both of my 12 man leagues where I own him. 

Hoping this will be like a Devers situation. He was on a lot of people’s hit list three weeks ago. Now the same people love him.

yes players with that type of upside you bench until they get hot.  You will ALWAYS regret dropping them especially when in both cases they aren't playing awful just a tad inconsistent.  It also doesn't help that Bud Black loves shuffling players in an out of the lineup giving them a hard time to get in rhythm.  Only Story, Blackmon and Arenado are penciled in for sure every night.

• Like 1

The counting stats will come. Ian desmond hit like .230 last year and was fantasy relevant. Put up ~85/85 runs and rbis

• Like 3

I knew Dahl was a big injury risk when I drafted him.  What I wasn't expecting was that Dahl would produce at a waiver wire level when healthy

1 minute ago, FootballFan101 said:

I knew Dahl was a big injury risk when I drafted him.  What I wasn't expecting was that Dahl would produce at a waiver wire level when healthy

Wait until it heats up in Colorado.  Rockies have had a pretty odd schedule so far.  More snow in Colorado right now.  If they had home games today they’d likely be snowed out.  Once it gets 80+ the ball will be jumping out.  Be patient with Dahl.  As long as he’s healthy his end line will be solid.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cmilne23 said:

Wait until it heats up in Colorado.  Rockies have had a pretty odd schedule so far.  More snow in Colorado right now.  If they had home games today they’d likely be snowed out.  Once it gets 80+ the ball will be jumping out.  Be patient with Dahl.  As long as he’s healthy his end line will be solid.  

He’s been terrible on the road, inside and outside. 

Posted (edited)

He hasn’t really been that bad, .290 with an .815 ops he’s like a good game away from an .850+ OPS.  Just hasn’t had the counting stat fountain come raining down yet, which usually occur mostly at home.  Depending on league format, if a guy hitting .290 with an .815 ops is your biggest gripe your teams must be nice.  Try spending $19 auction dollars on Travis Shaw.  That’s a problem.

Edited by Cmilne23
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)

10 game home stretch including one of the worst pitching staffs in history and the jays who are also pretty bad.  Blackmon out a few days....lets see something here.

Edited by Cesare13

I agree with Cesare, let's seee what he's got. However, if he doesn't produce during the upcoming stretch I'll be dropping him in my 12 team H2H Pts. K's are at 36%!!!

Kepler or Dahl?

I think back to all the debating, waiting, years of people’s energy on this guy, just waiting for him to recover from this hangnail or that sprained iliac 

and I look up and he’s got 4 HR on Memorial Day 2019.

can we finally admit he’s useless

• Haha 2

14 minutes ago, mevins31 said:

I think back to all the debating, waiting, years of people’s energy on this guy, just waiting for him to recover from this hangnail or that sprained iliac 

and I look up and he’s got 4 HR on Memorial Day 2019.

can we finally admit he’s useless

Way to talk when he had a HR today

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, urban2014 said:

Way to talk when he had a HR today

I mean he has 4. If that’s what all this energy was for just add Kevin plawecki to your UTIL and be done with it 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

He's hitting well.

153 AB/4 HR/16 RBI/24 R/1 SB
.307/.357/.497 with an .854 OPS

The power simply isn't showing up in the way of the home run. He has 13 doubles and 2 triples. I think having regular playing time with Blackmon out might help him get into a rhythm, something he hasn't been able to do all year. Despite that, he is still putting up respectable numbers and I'll take them as my OF4/5.

Edited by nlm

I’m just shocked I mean this is a coors player we are talking about. 

• Haha 1

I would say it’s pretty irresponsible to drop a guy batting .300 who had pre-draft upside and plays at Coors Field for half of his games.... but that’s just me.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The power is there, he's just getting unlucky.

Like Trout, 14 doubles is great and puts him on pace for roughly 42 doubles, but we certainly expected more than 5 HRs (15 HR pace) at this point in the season right? Let’s see just how bad Coors is sticking it to him:

Number Distance Spray Chart Direction Number of Parks Where It Could Have Been A HR Park It Was Hit In Launch Angle Exit Velocity HR%
1 383 Right 24 Denver 99.1 26 36.9%
2 385 Right Center 22 Milwaukee 104.5 23 49.2%
3 392 Right Center 19 Denver 106.8 24 92.1%
4 397 Center 22 Atlanta 105.4 21 26.7%
5 399 Left Center 22 Denver 105.5 20 31.9%
6 406 Center 29 Denver 102.4 34 64.9%
7 408 Center 26 Denver 105.5 25 77.8%
8 414 Left Center 29 Denver 104.7 29 78.1%

I’d honestly count each and every one of these as potential candidates. Watch the video of the 414-foot shot:

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mexal said:

If he keeps hitting the way he is, good things are going to happen. He’s raking right now. This is really reminding me of the Devers situation. We also have to remember that Dahl went on the DL for his oblique thing. That’s more time missed where he could’ve hit a couple homers. He’s doing just fine and the complaining it par for the course for this forum. The fact that he was compared to Plawecki just shows that.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

He's batting .378 with a .431 OBP against lefties this year in 45 at bats. I hope the Rockies don't tinker with him against lefties when Blackmon comes back. I don't mind the occasion sit day to keep him fresh, but it would be ideal if he played at least 6 times per week. Doubt the Rockies do it though. 

Edited by hangin n wangin
  • Like 2