Slatykamora

Victor Robles 2019 Outlook

in a redraft you might as well get some of the good options still to be had.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, summersoff7 said:

is it safe to say he hasn't lived up to his expectations this season?

I’d say rate stats below expectations and counting stats above expectations: on pace for like 100 R 22 HR 27 SB

6 minutes ago, RotoGenius said:

I’d say rate stats below expectations and counting stats above expectations: on pace for like 100 R 22 HR 27 SB

on pace for 98R 22HR 25SB...….people would have taken that at the start of the season. Robles was really hitting HRs the first month of the season.

7 minutes ago, RotoGenius said:

If expectations were higher than those stats then maybe expectations were way too high for the rookie. Even if he only hits .240 if he can score 100+ Runs and go 25/25 in HR/SB that's a pretty fantastic rookie campaign. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Cdub2k said:

If expectations were higher than those stats then maybe expectations were way too high for the rookie. Even if he only hits .240 if he can score 100+ Runs and go 25/25 in HR/SB that's a pretty fantastic rookie campaign. 

Agreed.  (Although I think 25 bombs is a bit much).What round was wil Myers going in? 

1 sb in the last month? .200 over that span? If there isnt a convincing improvement in june,he'll be hard to justify holding in keepers.

4 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

1 sb in the last month? .200 over that span? If there isnt a convincing improvement in june,he'll be hard to justify holding in keepers.

yeah ice cold.  I benched him finally 2 days ago ... went 2 for 4 with a HR and a 2B ... put him back in yesterday ... another 0 fer

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

In redraft, sure. Hard to justify holding in keepers? He’s 22 with loads of talent and has a 162 average 21 HR/21 SB. He’s clearly a hold in keepers until the end of the season to gauge his value.

5 minutes ago, jb_power said:

yeah ice cold.  I benched him finally 2 days ago ... went 2 for 4 with a HR and a 2B ... put him back in yesterday ... another 0 fer

Haha.. Yeah,i missed the homerun after starting him like 15 crappy games in a row.  The overall numbers are useful,but that 1 bag worries me. He HAS to be stealing.  Im worried the 8th spot (not 2 or 9) is rwally affecting that.  Gonna have to wair amd see,cerrainly nor dropping yet.

3 minutes ago, Backdoor Slider said:

In redraft, sure. Hard to justify holding in keepers? He’s 22 with loads of talent and has a 162 average 21 HR/21 SB. He’s clearly a hold in keepers until the end of the season to gauge his value.

Cant disagree with the age,talent and speed.  Although the huge drop in steals is worrisome.  Also depends on the keeper format to give it a year.

18 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Cant disagree with the age,talent and speed.  Although the huge drop in steals is worrisome.  Also depends on the keeper format to give it a year.

Steals come in spurts. He’s gotta get on base.

I agree it’s format dependent. You’re probably not keeping him in a keep 3. But still, I’m not making that decision in June.

Posted (edited)

I'm not the most patient owner out there, but I've seen enough in fits and starts from Robles to hold on in 12-team. He's not great right now but he hasn't seriously tanked either. Too much potential here to drop just yet. He hasn't truly gotten "hot" yet either - and I do think that's a matter of time as long as he continues to get ABs, wherever in the lineup said ABs may be.

Edited by SuperJoint

I dropped him in a 12 team league with a short bench and counts walks.  He usually bats 7th in a not so deep lineup.  

What is with his hard hit % of only 22%, that is terrible. I'm going to keep him around for a bit longer because the counting stats are respectable but his slash line leaves a lot to be desired - 235/309/419 is pretty gross.

Been trying to unload him for peanuts and no one is interested (redraft of course). Probably hitting the wire when Springer returns 

33 minutes ago, daethfromabove1979 said:

What is with his hard hit % of only 22%, that is terrible. I'm going to keep him around for a bit longer because the counting stats are respectable but his slash line leaves a lot to be desired - 235/309/419 is pretty gross.

because bunts get lumped in with the rest of his actual hits

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Long-term I view him as Starling Marte

Scores runs, hits 15-20 HR, steals 30+ bags, low walk rate, solid K rate, and hits .280

• Like 1

Just now, summersoff7 said:

it's time to cut bait fellas (12 teamers).  he's just not ready

I'm beginning to lean this way as well. We're mid June and holding onto a player for his possible upside becomes a detriment this time of year. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, High&Inside said:

I'm beginning to lean this way as well. We're mid June and holding onto a player for his possible upside becomes a detriment this time of year. 

when was his last steal, also?  he's batting 230s now, too.  yuck

OF44 in 5x5 according to Yahoo, counting multi eligible OF that are probably being started at another position. I just can't see the case for dropping. Benching, sure, but when he's playing this far below expectation and still fringe must-start even in 3 OF leagues, you have to find a way to hold.

• Like 2

With the power and steal upside, I will hold onto this guy for a long time.

had him benched for the past week or so.  thought he would be 1 of my 11 keepers in a deep 14 teamer but he's sure doing all he can to make it onto the cut list

You can only wait so long for a guy to get hot, he has been below average all year and isn’t showing any signs of life. Also hitting 9th in the order is a fantasy killer, don’t be afraid to drop in re-drafts.