Slatykamora

Victor Robles 2019 Outlook

Recommended Posts

batting 9 for a national league is not ideal. I would prefer the 8 spot to batting after the pitcher. batting after the pitcher u are almost always assured of batting after an out. Maybe it is temporary though it really hurt Addison Russell the year he batted 9 all year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, hailfire4 said:

batting 9 for a national league is not ideal. I would prefer the 8 spot to batting after the pitcher. batting after the pitcher u are almost always assured of batting after an out. Maybe it is temporary though it really hurt Addison Russell the year he batted 9 all year.

Batting 8th in front of the picture gives you no lineup protection.. he should have plenty of opportunities to steal batting in front of Eaton/Turner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hailfire4 said:

batting 9 for a national league is not ideal. I would prefer the 8 spot to batting after the pitcher. batting after the pitcher u are almost always assured of batting after an out. Maybe it is temporary though it really hurt Addison Russell the year he batted 9 all year.

He won’t steal in front of the pitcher. This spot is a phenomal signal that he can easily get 35 plus SBs with upside for more. Worth the trade off.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah batting 9th vs 8th in front of Sp is substantially better for seeing pitches to hit and getting sb opportunities.  Might lose 50 ab over course of year though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

his on base percentage would be super high if he got on base that often in the 9 hole. American League sure 9 is another leadoff hitter but they have a real batter batting 8. besides I can see a lot of sacrifice bunting in his future. especially if the pitcher prolly just ended the inning making an out in the 8 hole. I am not a fan of NL teams shortening their lineups to 7 real batters before mister auto out

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My apologies to Trea Turner owners but I think we’re about to see Robles move up to the 1 or 2 hole in the lineup a lot sooner than expected.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, meh2 said:

My apologies to Trea Turner owners but I think we’re about to see Robles move up to the 1 or 2 hole in the lineup a lot sooner than expected.

I'm more curious if Carter Kieboom will get the call. He is ready, at least offensively.  Sad day for baseball any way you spin it. Trea is a top-3 most fun player to watch play imo. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

I'm more curious if Carter Kieboom will get the call. He is ready, at least offensively.  Sad day for baseball any way you spin it. Trea is a top-3 most fun player to watch play imo. 

 

.721 OPS in AA (in half a season) last year; don't know that the bat is ready.  Nats are really aggressive on promotions, so you may be right anyway...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Whizzinator said:

 

.721 OPS in AA (in half a season) last year; don't know that the bat is ready.  Nats are really aggressive on promotions, so you may be right anyway...

 

 

I recall him finishing super strong. I'm pure visuals. and I know a big leaguer when I see one. He is a big leaguer right now. 

but it's not like his career numbers are bad:
image.png.4a98d2c5e874bd18022393432ca7ce23.png

Not bad for a 21-year old. 

He is a total stud in the making. I think he profiles like a high-OBP, 25+ homer guy. Sort of a lesser Anthony Rendon. Maybe a less explosive young Tulo. 
Here is taking Verlander deep twice:
https://www.mlb.com/video/kieboom-s-2-hrs-off-verlander-c2523575083

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm expecting Robles to hit 2nd behind Eaton for the most part.  Management has a desired preference to split Eaton and Soto up a couple of batters, at least against RHP.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nats new #2 hitter is... drumroll...

 

Brian Dozier. You can't make this stuff up folks

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hitting 9th today.  Disappointing but if he keeps playing well it will be hard to keep him down for too long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Nats new #2 hitter is... drumroll...

 

Brian Dozier. You can't make this stuff up folks

 

that is gross, Dozier is useless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RJWMN24 said:

Hitting 9th today.  Disappointing but if he keeps playing well it will be hard to keep him down for too long.

So I got excited over the misfortune of many others for no reason?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

So I got excited over the misfortune of many others for no reason?

 

Correct

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another bomb for him, this time off Thor. Meanwhile, another 0-for for Dozier bringing his average to sub-.100.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Needs to be in that 2 spot smh

If he's still batting 9th on Saturday you've gotta seriously question Dave Martinez' intelligence

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Del Rio said:

Another bomb for him, this time off Thor. Meanwhile, another 0-for for Dozier bringing his average to sub-.100.

Both of the season off Thor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

didn't see todays hr but robles can hit +gas in. if he can lay off 2ndary stuff off the plate hes in for big year. one day at a time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Extremely impressed by this kid so far as a Nats fan. Wanted to acquire him in my keeper this offseason but despite numerous attempts couldn't get him.

He should be hitting high up in the order very soon. Perfect chance to try him out there while Trea's out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.