Slatykamora

Victor Robles 2019 Outlook

batting 9 for a national league is not ideal. I would prefer the 8 spot to batting after the pitcher. batting after the pitcher u are almost always assured of batting after an out. Maybe it is temporary though it really hurt Addison Russell the year he batted 9 all year.

1 minute ago, hailfire4 said:

batting 9 for a national league is not ideal. I would prefer the 8 spot to batting after the pitcher. batting after the pitcher u are almost always assured of batting after an out. Maybe it is temporary though it really hurt Addison Russell the year he batted 9 all year.

Batting 8th in front of the picture gives you no lineup protection.. he should have plenty of opportunities to steal batting in front of Eaton/Turner.

Just now, hailfire4 said:

He won’t steal in front of the pitcher. This spot is a phenomal signal that he can easily get 35 plus SBs with upside for more. Worth the trade off.

• Like 2

Yeah batting 9th vs 8th in front of Sp is substantially better for seeing pitches to hit and getting sb opportunities.  Might lose 50 ab over course of year though

his on base percentage would be super high if he got on base that often in the 9 hole. American League sure 9 is another leadoff hitter but they have a real batter batting 8. besides I can see a lot of sacrifice bunting in his future. especially if the pitcher prolly just ended the inning making an out in the 8 hole. I am not a fan of NL teams shortening their lineups to 7 real batters before mister auto out

My apologies to Trea Turner owners but I think we’re about to see Robles move up to the 1 or 2 hole in the lineup a lot sooner than expected.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, meh2 said:

My apologies to Trea Turner owners but I think we’re about to see Robles move up to the 1 or 2 hole in the lineup a lot sooner than expected.

I'm more curious if Carter Kieboom will get the call. He is ready, at least offensively.  Sad day for baseball any way you spin it. Trea is a top-3 most fun player to watch play imo. 

2 minutes ago, ChicksDigTheOPS said:

I'm more curious if Carter Kieboom will get the call. He is ready, at least offensively.  Sad day for baseball any way you spin it. Trea is a top-3 most fun player to watch play imo. 

.721 OPS in AA (in half a season) last year; don't know that the bat is ready.  Nats are really aggressive on promotions, so you may be right anyway...

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Whizzinator said:

.721 OPS in AA (in half a season) last year; don't know that the bat is ready.  Nats are really aggressive on promotions, so you may be right anyway...

I recall him finishing super strong. I'm pure visuals. and I know a big leaguer when I see one. He is a big leaguer right now. 

but it's not like his career numbers are bad:
image.png.4a98d2c5e874bd18022393432ca7ce23.png

Not bad for a 21-year old. 

He is a total stud in the making. I think he profiles like a high-OBP, 25+ homer guy. Sort of a lesser Anthony Rendon. Maybe a less explosive young Tulo. 
Here is taking Verlander deep twice:
https://www.mlb.com/video/kieboom-s-2-hrs-off-verlander-c2523575083

Edited by ChicksDigTheOPS

I'm expecting Robles to hit 2nd behind Eaton for the most part.  Management has a desired preference to split Eaton and Soto up a couple of batters, at least against RHP.

• Like 1

Nats new #2 hitter is... drumroll...

Brian Dozier. You can't make this stuff up folks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hitting 9th today.  Disappointing but if he keeps playing well it will be hard to keep him down for too long.

7 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

Nats new #2 hitter is... drumroll...

Brian Dozier. You can't make this stuff up folks

that is gross, Dozier is useless.

1 hour ago, RJWMN24 said:

Hitting 9th today.  Disappointing but if he keeps playing well it will be hard to keep him down for too long.

So I got excited over the misfortune of many others for no reason?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

So I got excited over the misfortune of many others for no reason?

Correct

• Like 1

Another bomb for him, this time off Thor. Meanwhile, another 0-for for Dozier bringing his average to sub-.100.

9 minutes ago, street sharks said:

Needs to be in that 2 spot smh

If he's still batting 9th on Saturday you've gotta seriously question Dave Martinez' intelligence

1 hour ago, Del Rio said:

Another bomb for him, this time off Thor. Meanwhile, another 0-for for Dozier bringing his average to sub-.100.

Both of the season off Thor.

didn't see todays hr but robles can hit +gas in. if he can lay off 2ndary stuff off the plate hes in for big year. one day at a time

Extremely impressed by this kid so far as a Nats fan. Wanted to acquire him in my keeper this offseason but despite numerous attempts couldn't get him.

He should be hitting high up in the order very soon. Perfect chance to try him out there while Trea's out.