Slatykamora

Victor Robles 2019 Outlook

4 hours ago, reichl555 said:

Dozier out of lineup and still batting 9th.  Wtf

things gonna change eventually.. dozier will be dfa soon enough and martinez will realize his job is on the line and start managing like it

Why do I have the feeling Martinez is going to use the (flawed) rationale of leaving Robles' at 9th because of his success there?

Just now, Del Rio said:

Why do I have the feeling Martinez is going to use the (flawed) rationale of leaving Robles' at 9th because of his success there?

Sounds about right. 

9 minutes ago, Del Rio said:

He has. On the broadcast yesterday they were talking about how Martinez likes him in the 9 spot because he has had success there and they want him to continue building his confidence.

1 minute ago, RTW10 said:

He has. On the broadcast yesterday they were talking about how Martinez likes him in the 9 spot because he has had success there and they want him to continue building his confidence.

Wow. Makes as much sense as batting Black Hole Brian 2nd I guess.

What the manager is trying to say is that if Robles hits in the 1st inning, he might make an out. Whereas with Dozier, you have that guaranteed out penciled right in there. So why would you mess with that recipe for success? 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, dod959 said:

What the manager is trying to say is that if Robles hits in the 1st inning, he might make an out. Whereas with Dozier, you have that guaranteed out penciled right in there. So why would you mess with that recipe for success? 

Yea, don't question genius. It's good out management. We 'watchers' don't understand.

Just now, wayzupusc said:

Yea, don't question genius. It's good out management. We 'watchers' don't understand.

I mean didn't we all see how Juan Soto went from the bottom of the order into the middle of the order and then DIDN'T win MVP? Logic man. 

23 hours ago, Nightmare130 said:

things gonna change eventually.. dozier will be dfa soon enough and martinez will realize his job is on the line and start managing like it

Brian Dozier is not going to be DFAd. 😂

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Cesare13 said:

Batting 8th according to yahoo.  Boo!

Nope still 9th

You guys do realise that moving up to 2nd increases pressure on the kid and they might not want to do that to him just yet? He's a young kid who's having success so no need to change things right now with how comfortable he's looking so far.

Nats don't care about your fantasy team. He will of course move up over time, but he's only been in the bigs a matter of minutes! If you own him in a keeper you'll realise it's best to keep him there for now, if it's a redraft then you shouldn't be expecting a huge amount this year anyway.

If Dozier continues to stink then he should be moved way down too, but there's no reason to expect him to suddenly just be done.

• Haha 4

17 minutes ago, swfcdan said:

You guys do realise that moving up to 2nd increases pressure on the kid and they might not want to do that to him just yet? He's a young kid who's having success so no need to change things right now with how comfortable he's looking so far.

Nats don't care about your fantasy team. He will of course move up over time, but he's only been in the bigs a matter of minutes! If you own him in a keeper you'll realise it's best to keep him there for now, if it's a redraft then you shouldn't be expecting a huge amount this year anyway.

If Dozier continues to stink then he should be moved way down too, but there's no reason to expect him to suddenly just be done.

Sup Dave?

This kid is going to be a superstar 

On 4/8/2019 at 4:41 PM, swfcdan said:

Didn't seem to care about the pressure tonight. Hit a game-tying home run with 2 outs and 2 strikes against the Phillies!

Not a bad take that it will take time for him to move up in the order, but I'm sure Robles earned a little bit more respect from Dave Martinez. We'll see if it moves him up at all.

On 4/8/2019 at 4:41 PM, swfcdan said:

You're not entirely wrong, but Pete Alonso laughs in your face... 😉

I really wish this kid would get bumped up in the order!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, Call me Red said:

I really wish this kid would get bumped up in the order!!!!!!!!!!

Me too.  Really hate to see that caught stealing last night when opportunities are very few at that spot.

Credit to Davy Martinez for the inventiveness of creating at least 5 different lineups that keep Vic from seeing more than 3 ABs in a game.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Chaco Chicken said:

Credit to Davy Martinez for the inventiveness of creating at least 5 different lineups that keep Vic from seeing more than 3 ABs in a game.

Yeah, and this lineup might be the dumbest of the bunch.

I've given up worrying about where he bats.  It's not worth the stress as it's pretty clear he's not moving up anytime soon.  Obviously a much higher spot in the lineup is ideal/preferred, but for now all you can really do is hope he does good with the ABs he gets.  It would be nice if he'd start running more.

• Like 1

take it with a grain of salt, but someone on reddit said they know someone who works for the organization and that it's more than likely he'll bat 9th all year because they like his speed there

😐🔫

10 minutes ago, street sharks said:

take it with a grain of salt, but someone on reddit said they know someone who works for the organization and that it's more than likely he'll bat 9th all year because they like his speed there

😐🔫

Honestly, whether I would believe the person is a reliable source or not, that wouldn't surprise me.  If Eaton would get hurt, then maybe.  Otherwise I don't see it as Turner will be back eventually.  Still it's not like Robles won't have plenty of value even hitting 9th once/if he starts running.

Posted (edited)

not sure what this guy's problem is, just not very good right now.  Add to that he doesn't steal any bases.  a near drop for me.

Edited by summersoff7

2 hours ago, street sharks said:

😐🔫

what speed?