wisegeeks

LA Lakers 2018-2019 Season Thread

3 minutes ago, Gohawks said:

One thing is certain, the disrespect for Kobe by fans and media has become laughably disgusting. It’s like he’s not in the conversation at all anymore. The dude dragged bums far worse than this team in an insanely competitive west multiple seasons.

Absolutely.  Kobe dragged arguably the worst starting lineup in history to the playoffs in the tougher west (smush parker, mihm, kwame, etc).

This goes to show that Lebron can't will a team to win like kobe can simply put.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Absolutely.  Kobe dragged arguably the worst starting lineup in history to the playoffs in the tougher west (smush parker, mihm, kwame, etc).

This goes to show that Lebron can't will a team to win like kobe can simply put.

Easy there bruh haha take a gander at some of the teams lebron took to the finals

the kobe disrespect i agree with tho, Lebron is better than Kobe but Kobe is still easily an all time great and right there with the best of them below that MJ/LBJ tier and it does seem like some are forgetting that amongst all the hype/drama/dysfunction right now in LA

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Easy there bruh haha take a gander at some of the teams lebron took to the finals

the kobe disrespect i agree with tho, Lebron is better than Kobe but Kobe is still easily an all time great and right there with the best of them below that MJ/LBJ tier and it does seem like some are forgetting that amongst all the hype/drama/dysfunction right now in LA

Bro the operative word here is the West.

If anything, being on the Lakers shows the real disparity between the conferences and thus him having an easier time padding his resume.

Kobe is better than Lebron btw.  I gauge beyond circumstantial resumes (especially when one played in a joke of a conference).  I mean there is a reason why NCAA value conferences differently no?

Edited by HotSauce24
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Bro the operative word here is the West.

If anything, being on the Lakers shows the real disparity between the conferences and thus him having an easier time padding his resume.

Kobe is better than Lebron btw.  I gauge beyond circumstantial resumes (especially when one played in a joke of a conference).  I mean there is a reason why NCAA value conferences differently no?

I think there are far more factors than the average person is taking into account, had lebron not gotten injured whos to say they wouldnt have made playoffs (4 seed at the time) etc etc im not repeating what multiple people have typed here before about that topic tho waaay too much typing hah

and the kobe vs lebron ship is well sailed except those people clinging on until the end

but

yea Lebron def had the benefit on the weaker conf tho and that is indeed a factor in any argument, i just think people are piling on LBJ the first time dude gets injured at 34, hes old yet people are acting like hes 28 missing the playoffs, you cant expect him to carry a team like he has, i assumed once lebron's decline began people would absolutely massacre him like they are currently, just kinda sad imo that now that hes getting old the hate will be kind of unjust imo because everyone expects so much of him

and the West is probably the toughest its been in history to boot

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kmoore1521 said:

I think there are far more factors than the average person is taking into account, had lebron not gotten injured whos to say they wouldnt have made playoffs (4 seed at the time) etc etc im not repeating what multiple people have typed here before about that topic tho waaay too much typing hah

and the kobe vs lebron ship is well sailed except those people clinging on until the end

but

yea Lebron def had the benefit on the weaker conf tho and that is indeed a factor in any argument, i just think people are piling on LBJ the first time dude gets injured at 34, hes old yet people are acting like hes 28 missing the playoffs, you cant expect him to carry a team like he has, i assumed once lebron's decline began people would absolutely massacre him like they are currently, just kinda sad imo that now that hes getting old the hate will be kind of unjust imo because everyone expects so much of him

Stolen from another forum:

The Lakers are 24-23 with LeBron. If you take away that 6-12 stretch and replace it with 9-9 (18 games multiplied by their win percentage with Bron), they're 33-32 and still four games out of the playoffs. They just haven't been good enough with or without LeBron.

Put another way, they're +1.3 with LeBron on the court. If you're +1.3 with your best player on the court, you're not going to make the playoffs in the West.

The ship didn't sail unless you can admit kobe is better individually speaking.  Lebron is not fundamentally sound, he is notorious for traveling and just terrible footwork.  Most of his scoring in his heyday was from bull rushing to the rim.  That's not to say he isn't talented but if you follow their respective careers, Lebron doesn't hold a candle to Kobe especially when it comes to the eye test.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Stolen from another forum:

The Lakers are 24-23 with LeBron. If you take away that 6-12 stretch and replace it with 9-9 (18 games multiplied by their win percentage with Bron), they're 33-32 and still four games out of the playoffs. They just haven't been good enough with or without LeBron.

Put another way, they're +1.3 with LeBron on the court. If you're +1.3 with your best player on the court, you're not going to make the playoffs in the West.

The ship didn't sail unless you can admit kobe is better individually speaking.  Lebron is not fundamentally sound, he is notorious for traveling and just terrible footwork.  Most of his scoring in his heyday was from bull rushing to the rim.  That's not to say he isn't talented but if you follow their respective careers, Lebron doesn't hold a candle to Kobe especially when it comes to the eye test.

I'm assuming the with Lebron stat is including post injury with others guys also injured? in which case doesn't really tell the full story which is my point that people are nitpicking stats they like to combat the 4 seed before injury argument and guys getting injured etc etc, also he probably still isnt 100% and i can honestly kind of see it in his play anyway since you mention "eye test"

what was the + with lebron on the court pre injury alone? that will paint a better picture imo and i dont think enough merit is being put into the unknown of "if" guys didnt get injured etc etc people assume the season would still turn out like this, which i have a hard time believing 

so many unknowns this year and crazy things happening, imho the public is putting way to much weight into this season which was a throw away year anyway in the grand scheme

Edited by kmoore1521
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

1 hour ago, kmoore1521 said:

but

Cause the average person don't like to think about complexities.  Hence the endless ring arguments.  Lebron's game doesn't jive with the average person's "gauge" of what a GOAT basketball player should be (scoring killer mentality).  Bron has never tried to be all about scoring, he's always trying be the floor general/player coach, making the statistically best play he sees for the team.   

Agreed that it is sad that as he ages and declines the hater piranhas will jump up and down to attack him every chance they can get.  I didn't like Kobe's individual-centric game or his arrogance, but I respected the hell out of his confidence, relentlessness/aggression, and skill mastery-especially towards the mid/end of his career once his athleticism declined.  It's sad people can't just appreciate all facets of greatness in its many forms.         

Edited by drummerboy7816
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Gohawks said:

One thing is certain, the disrespect for Kobe by fans and media has become laughably disgusting. It’s like he’s not in the conversation at all anymore. The dude dragged bums far worse than this team in an insanely competitive west multiple seasons.

Why are you obsessed with Kobe?

Yeah it really makes kobe look bad. Dude has 5 rings and a winning record in the finals.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, babyfaceassasin said:

so disrespectful to put kobe in the same breath as LeBron. lakers fans delusional

Kobe has infinitely more skill than Lebron and is a killer and winner. Bron soft, needed 2 other hall of famers in their prime to get 2 of his ships and the third was lucky as hell, let's not talk about the losses because he quit in some of those series. it's embarrassing people think lebron is better than kobe. nba players will almost all disagree. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Pyschout said:

Why are you obsessed with Kobe?

he's the most natural basketball talent of all time that is why. mastered every move and his drive is unmatched by anyone in the history of sports (all sports included) other than the true goats like Jordan, Brady, and Roger Federer

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, richg24 said:

he's the most natural basketball talent of all time that is why. mastered every move and his drive is unmatched by anyone in the history of sports (all sports included) other than the true goats like Jordan, Brady, and Roger Federer

Kobe is driven, but almost all of the all time greats in the major sports leagues are as well. Very few instances where an athlete reaches the highest level of their sport and isn't obsessed. Honestly, Lebron falls in the same category of being driven. Word gets out about his workouts being the stuff of legend and his IQ and knowledge is off the charts. But that is usually what it takes and a lot of people push to that extent. Kobe gets a lot of the attention for this, but he isn't on a level that no one else has been. He has pushed to extreme heights, but there are others up there with him.

I think everyone knows every Lakers fan holds a place in their heart for Kobe. I don't think any Lebron fan is angling to surpass Kobe in the pecking order of all time great Lakers. I think that "debate" was concocted by talking heads looking to pass time and stir emotion. But Lebron and Kobe are both great. Guys who have won with both of them will say they are the best and blah, blah, blah. They are just different. MJ is my guy and it took me a long time to accept that he needed Pippen and Pippen is an all time great. MJ handled Rodman and became a ridiculously loaded team. MJ needed help to win and let's not pretend that Kobe won championships without a ridiculously loaded roster around him. Yes, he got role players to buy in, but he got to play with the most dominant big man in the game at that time in his prime in Shaq. He got to play with another HOFer in his prime in Pau. You don't win championships if you aren't great, you have a lot of talent around you, and if your team isn't bought in. So who cares who is better or worse....they are both great. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, richg24 said:

I can't say that I agree fully with this statement.  I'd say Stephen Curry/Bird/Magic are much more naturally talented players and Lebron's IQ and drive is just as high as Kobe's.  Kobe was driven, yes, but don't misconstrue his teammate-alienating attitude as being more driven than other all time greats

edit:  and honestly, Lebron has a much higher natural basketball IQ than Kobe ever did

Edited by Fantasyscrub
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, richg24 said:

Is there a source for this copypasta?  Cause this is classic.

On a fantasy note...

Who the hell is left from this roster to finish strong? If there is anyone... Assuming Ball is done and Bron is eased out, probably Kuz too (hell maybe even Rondo), is there anyone left worth keeping an eye on? Hart, Bullock maybe. Both are streaky players; more minutes, more production. Anyone else?

1 hour ago, ItsOjMang said:

On a fantasy note...

Who the hell is left from this roster to finish strong? If there is anyone... Assuming Ball is done and Bron is eased out, probably Kuz too (hell maybe even Rondo), is there anyone left worth keeping an eye on? Hart, Bullock maybe. Both are streaky players; more minutes, more production. Anyone else?

As Lakers fan, all i can say to you is

РезÑлÑÐ°Ñ Ñ Ð¸Ð·Ð¾Ð±Ñажение за escape from la

• Haha 1

Ingram done for the season. Lonzo might not return this season. I wonder how much longer before LeBron goes down with  fake injury.

2 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Ingram done for the season. Lonzo might not return this season. I wonder how much longer before LeBron goes down with  fake injury.

I get you're a Lakers hater but can we give these players some respect, Ingram's injury is pretty serious.

3 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Can't say I blame them, the have 0 incentive to try and return. Might as well keep their value low so they can't be traded. I can't wait to see when LaVar explodes next.

2 hours ago, DezedandConfused said:

I get you're a Lakers hater but can we give these players some respect, Ingram's injury is pretty serious.

Considering that English is not my first language, can you please tell me where in my post I was disrespectful to Ingram or Lonzo?

For the record, here is my post: "Ingram done for the season. Lonzo might not return this season. I wonder how much longer before LeBron goes down with  fake injury."

5 hours ago, Gile Pile said:

Lonzo has already been ruled out for the rest of the season

Looks like Mo Wagner may use this time to show what he can do. 

• Like 1