Flyman75

Adalberto Mondesi 2019 Outlook

Ummm, posts here do not give me much confidence in the situation....

On 7/1/2019 at 10:42 AM, The Big Bat Theory said:

One that any OBP league owner (like me) is more than happy to handle.  If you can't handle at least one top, elite player with a possible OBP problem you haven't built your team composition as a whole right.

Totally agree.

But that doesn't even apply to Mondesi, because he's not a "top, elite player". At least not so far this year. In my 3 OBP leagues he's currently ranked #76, #90, and #90 overall. As far as 2B eligible players go, hes ranked 10th, 11th, and 11th. Not even close to elite, and in fact hasn't been worth his ADP.

If you're relying on a guy like Mondesi with a possible OBP problem to be your top, elite talent you haven't built your team composition as a whole right.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, cs3 said:

Totally agree.

But that doesn't even apply to Mondesi, because he's not a "top, elite player". At least not so far this year. In my 3 OBP leagues he's currently ranked #76, #90, and #90 overall. As far as 2B eligible players go, hes ranked 10th, 11th, and 11th. Not even close to elite, and in fact hasn't been worth his ADP.

If you're relying on a guy like Mondesi with a possible OBP problem to be your top, elite talent you haven't built your team composition as a whole right.

Sure I have.  I'm leading in the steals category.  You know, a "team" effort with everyone contributing to the categories you need and he is super elite there.   So get well soon, Mondesi.  You got more footwork to do this season.

• Like 1

for a 2b/ss with .260+ 50+ rbi 30sb at midpoint thats pretty good, I hope he will only miss a little time.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, DJSatane said:

Ummm, posts here do not give me much confidence in the situation....

The worst case scenario is always the most popular opinion.

Posted (edited)

In a league I am in with 8x8 categories where OBP is one Mondesi is ranked 149th.  The 8 offensive categories are:

R
HR
RBI
SB
K
TB
AVG
OBP

Edited by tonycpsu
Removed quote of deleted post.

[League settings derail removed.  Citing a player's rank in popular standard formats is fine.  Arguing about which league settings are better or worse isn't.  Take that stuff here.]

11 hours ago, cs3 said:

Totally agree.

Eh, prior to his (earlier) injury, he was Top 20 in Yahoo Standard 5 X 5.  Rare combination of power/speed/counting stats.  Let's be careful in extrapolating from different formats please.  He's one of those guys who will have a MASSIVE discrepancy in value between AVG & OBP leagues.  

• Like 1

dudes a top 25 player in 5x5 ROS to me. hes prime dee Gordon with more pop and less avg. I think that's a fair trade. inj sucks but I wouldn't sell high unless you getting back a 5 cat superstar.

• Like 1

Man if it's a good month, or month and a half injury this blows big time.

27 minutes ago, The Big Bat Theory said:

You better have a link or two to cite.  Because the is NO info I can find about his diagnosis as yet and wild speculation based on nothing isn't a good thing.

Between watching the play and teammates commenting on Adalberto himself thinking its dislocated its safe to take worst case scenarios into consideration

https://www.mlb.com/news/adalberto-mondesi-exits-with-injury

• Copy Link

KANSAS CITY -- Royals shortstop Adalberto Mondesi left Tuesday night’s 11-0 win over the White Sox in the fifth inning with a left shoulder injury.

The club announced after the game that Mondesi would get an MRI as soon as possible, but that no results would be released until Wednesday. Third baseman Hunter Dozier said that Mondesi told him he thought the shoulder was dislocated.

• Confused 1

Posted (edited)

Going by similar injuries in others, at least 4 weeks missed 

Winker, Cozart and Marco Hernandez ended up having surgery. 

Hope for a speedy recovery 

Edited by itaos
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)

Dr. Google says 4-6 weeks, hopefully no surgery is needed to stabilize it or that changes #fingerscrossed

Edited by kmoore1521

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, itaos said:

Going by similar injuries in others, at least 4 weeks missed 

Winker, Cozart and Marco Hernandez ended up having surgery. 

Hope for a speedy recovery 

Thanks.  Rotoworld adds nothing except who his replacement on the roster is:

Royals placed SS Adalberto Mondesi on the 10-day injured list with a left shoulder subluxation.

Mondesi picked up the shoulder injury Tuesday after attempting to make a diving catch in the fifth inning of Tuesday's game against the White Sox, and the shortstop underwent an MRI on Wednesday. That MRI revealed the subluxation, and the Royals have called up Humberto Arteaga to take his place. The Royals should provide more information on how long Mondesi will be out, but this is a big loss for Kansas City and fantasy owners.

Jul 17, 2019, 4:08 PM ET

But the internet does give some definitions:

A shoulder subluxation refers to a partial dislocation of the shoulder joint. This occurs when the ball of the upper arm bone, called the humerus, partly comes out of the glenoid socket in the shoulder. ...

Treatment aims to reposition the humerus back into the socket and ensure that it stays in place.

A doctor can diagnose a shoulder subluxation using an ultrasound. A correct diagnosis is key in determining the best course of treatment.

Treatment can include the following:

• Closed reduction. This involves a doctor attempting to gently maneuver the bone back into position. When this is achieved, severe pain should improve almost immediately.
  • Surgery. This may be recommended when dislocations recur. It may also be the preferred treatment when nerves, blood vessels, or ligaments in the shoulder have been damaged.
  • Shoulder brace. A person may need to wear a splint, brace, or sling for a few days or weeks to prevent the shoulder from moving. The length of time will depend on the extent of the dislocation.

In other words it all depends on his individual case as in one size doesn't fit all.

Edited by The Big Bat Theory
  • Thanks 1

Trying to figure out if this is a drop or a stash. Hopefully, a credible/accurate timetable will become available soon.

22 minutes ago, Fiveohnine said:

Trying to figure out if this is a drop or a stash. Hopefully, a credible/accurate timetable will become available soon.

gotta stash for the time being

• Like 1

Depnding on were your at in the season..7 weeks to play in mine and with a 4-6 week out process for healing and possible minor league assignment.  Swing might be effected and im sure  stealing bases for the season is out the window..I've enjoyed while it lasted..Imo I think he lost for the season

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

What is the long term prognosis with this type of injury?  Was going to target him aggressively next season.

59 minutes ago, B&F said:

What is the long term prognosis with this type of injury?  Was going to target him aggressively next season.

Before the injury he was 3rd/4th round in Dynasty now it all depends on recovery time and whether he has lingering issues which no one knows right now.

Again, this is one of those types of injuries that once you've done it there is an increased chance of it happening again.  That's why not rushing the treatment and strengthening of the muscles supporting the joint is key to preventing a recurrence. 

I don't know why the Royals would want to put him back on the field this year.  They're not competing for anything and we're talking about one of their young star's future.  

2 minutes ago, Lebanasty said:

Again, this is one of those types of injuries that once you've done it there is an increased chance of it happening again.  That's why not rushing the treatment and strengthening of the muscles supporting the joint is key to preventing a recurrence. 

I don't know why the Royals would want to put him back on the field this year.  They're not competing for anything and we're talking about one of their young star's future.  

Can speak from experience that I've dislocated the same shoulder about 8 times. Not sure if the torn labrum I have is a result of the first dislocation or one of the next 7, but I never got treatment and have continued to play sports. Sounds like Berto needs to suck it up!

• Haha 1