Mad Luke

Mike Muscala 2018-2019 Season Outlook

He played nice in last 4 games, got 24 and 25 minutes in last two even with Wilson Chandler returning. It's obvious he is their replacement for Ilyasova, can he average the same numbers as Ilya did last year with the Sixers?

Edited by Mad Luke

31 minutes ago, Mad Luke said:

He played nice in last 4 games, got 24 and 25 minutes in last two even with Wilson Chandler returning. It's obvious he is their replacement for Ilyasova, can he average the same numbers as Ilya did last year with the Sixers?

I don' think so. Eventually Chandler will start playing 15-20 mins per night and Saric will get better. If you check he "stole" playing time from Saric the last two games, that won't be the case very often. 

Is there someone else that could play the 4,  besides Chandler as a stretch 4? This could mean a window of opportunity... What is his game like? Worth grabbing in a 14 team league?

49 minutes ago, FreddieBiccs said:

Is there someone else that could play the 4,  besides Chandler as a stretch 4? This could mean a window of opportunity... What is his game like? Worth grabbing in a 14 team league?

let me just say that they don't need a stretch because they have simmons, but if you can afford to add an injured muscala in 14s it's well worth it to see how this shakes out. worst case you have a free streaming spot in a couple weeks

I think you meant they definitely need a stretch because of Simmons. They just lost their second best 3 point shooter and replaced him with an average to below average one in jimmy butler. 

3 minutes ago, BMart519 said:

I think you meant they definitely need a stretch because of Simmons. They just lost their second best 3 point shooter and replaced him with an average to below average one in jimmy butler. 

as was already shown butler and covington shoot about the same percentage from 3 the last 3 years, don't know why people are acting like Jimmy can't shoot lmao

I don’t know how many of y’all have actually seen Muscala play, but he’s a natural Center. I don’t know why they are even attempting to put him as a PF in today’s NBA. He will get eaten alive in smaller lineups. Chandler is the much better fit at the 4. I own neither Chandler or Muscala, just trying to be an unbiased voice of reason.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, K50K said:

I don’t know how many of y’all have actually seen Muscala play, but he’s a natural Center. I don’t know why they are even attempting to put him as a PF in today’s NBA. He will get eaten alive in smaller lineups. Chandler is the much better fit at the 4. I own neither Chandler or Muscala, just trying to be an unbiased voice of reason.

you're right but I'm not the coach and they've been trying to use him at the 4. if he gets the minutes he gets the minutes

Does anyone think they play Simmons at the 4 more often now? That is an insane matchup or a 4. Forces teams to go small and that plays into the Sixers roster. 

I like Bolden, a healthy Wilson and Muscala, but they are role options regardless of their minutes. I don't know how the Sixers will play, but they have more talent today and they are going to be really tough on defense. 

1 hour ago, thezing1 said:

Does anyone think they play Simmons at the 4 more often now? That is an insane matchup or a 4. Forces teams to go small and that plays into the Sixers roster. 

I like Bolden, a healthy Wilson and Muscala, but they are role options regardless of their minutes. I don't know how the Sixers will play, but they have more talent today and they are going to be really tough on defense. 

i think he starts at the 4 but we'll see what they want to do with jj and fultz

Edited by panthers93

7 minutes ago, phatjonny2001 said:

Anyone watch this game and see how Muscala played vs Chandler? Usage? Who played late in the 4th?

Chandler is still under minutes restriction, maybe the next game we will see what happens.

Moose is shooting a lot at the 3s, they need his 3 point shooting, he will be on the floor, likely split minute with Chandler.

• Thanks 1

He's starting tonight and something to monitor.  If he blows up, it could possibly lead to additional starts at PF.  If he does well, he could keep the starting PF spot for ROS over an injury plague player in Chandler.  If he bombs, well back to the bench he goes.  I remember when Saric was prompted to starting PF two years ago and he ran with the starting spot. 

• Thanks 1

Watching the game last night I really like how well he fits in with the star players in PHI roster.

He was basically the closeout guy across Embiid as a spacer and is smart enough to be trusted late in games. Overall, I feel like the minutes and out of position 3s is what makes him a hold in 12 team and up.

So, he will start and Chandler will be off the bench. Should we expect 20+ minutes?