Sign in to follow this  
jamaal99

Ibaka for danilo gallinari. Is this good for my team? WHIR

I got offered danilo gallinari for my Serge. Does it fit my team? Should I accept?

14 team,  H2H, 9 cat league. 11 Players - 1PG, 1SG, 1G, 1SF, 1F, 1PF, 1C, 1Util and 3 bench players. 

PG- Kemba
G-Teague
SG-Brogdon
SF-Mirotic
F-Anthony Davis
PF-Ibaka
C-Gobert
UTIL-Wendell Jr
Bench-Crowder
Bench-Lamb
Bench-Tyus Jones (Stream)
IL - D White 

I would pass on the Galo trade but I'd be hoping to sell high on Ibaka. He's looked good so far but as we get a bigger sample size I'd expect his %s and steals to fall. The leagues new increased pace should keep his scoring high, and provide more shot blocking opportunities than years past so those might stick. 

Maybe try to trade for Dray, Horford, Aldridge, or Carter Jr. 

Edited by TWhite2010

8 hours ago, TWhite2010 said:

I would pass on the Galo trade but I'd be hoping to sell high on Ibaka. He's looked good so far but as we get a bigger sample size I'd expect his %s and steals to fall. The leagues new increased pace should keep his scoring high, and provide more shot blocking opportunities than years past so those might stick. 

Maybe try to trade for Dray, Horford, Aldridge, or Carter Jr. 

I own Carter jr. please read my post.

I feel like Gallinari is too much of an injury risk...I’d pass on him but I also agree that Ibakas value is higher than it’s been and possibly/likely won’t get higher...I could be dead wrong here too though as coach Nurse’s rotations benefit both big men...at this point...help with mine please? Thanks! 

3 hours ago, jamaal99 said:

I own Carter jr. please read my post.

Ok, ignore his name on the post and help in return if you think you can offer any suggestions with my question please. The rest of my 5am post was on topic though, brain fart on the WCj recommend lol.

Only thing I'd add to my op is Chucks right about the coaches system helping bigs so if you see value in Serge with possible lower %s and steals you may just hold him. If you could get one of those trades though I'd take it, Dray would be my target. 

Overall value, I like Gallinari.  He's getting a ton of minutes and he will help you significantly in 3 cats: points, 3P, and FT% and to a smaller degree, assists.  Rebounds are actually very close, but you will lose about 3 blocks/week and FG%.  If you can afford the hit in blocks, I like this deal for you.

@Mobdad even with Galos injury history? He's a producer no doubt but moving a piece like Ibaka for someone who hasn't made it to 60 games for the last few seasons seems like selling low to me.

27 minutes ago, TWhite2010 said:

@Mobdad even with Galos injury history? He's a producer no doubt but moving a piece like Ibaka for someone who hasn't made it to 60 games for the last few seasons seems like selling low to me.

OK Jamaal, you are on your own.  I will reserve judgement.  Ibaka had a couple of nice games this week and if his blocks and FT% improve, he would look better to me.  His usage rate is up this year but he doesn't shoot 3P anymore which reduces his value.  I guess because I own Gallo in 1 league, I am optimistic about his health.  Gallo is playing really well.

Edited by Mobdad

1 hour ago, Mobdad said:

OK Jamaal, you are on your own.  I will reserve judgement.  Ibaka had a couple of nice games this week and if his blocks and FT% improve, he would look better to me.  His usage rate is up this year but he doesn't shoot 3P anymore which reduces his value.  I guess because I own Gallo in 1 league, I am optimistic about his health.  Gallo is playing really well.

Are you talking to me or @TWhite2010? Don’t flex in me daddy

15 minutes ago, jamaal99 said:

Are you talking to me or @TWhite2010? Don’t flex in me daddy

:)

I responded to Twhite but I was talking to you.  You really could go either way.  I like Gallo but I can see the other side if there is an injury.  I gave you all the good info.  Now son, be a man and make that good tough decision.

I think it’s a good trade for your team. There’s obvious health risk in Galinari but I think you can afford losing the blocks

Gallinari has been awesome this year. I have him in several leagues,  but i am hoping to trade him because of his injury risk. I'd stick with Ibaka because of the blocks You seem to have that locked down with Gobert, AD and Carter Jr. If AD were to get injured long term, you would lose blocks. And possible rebounds.  Keep Ibacka to sure those categories up. 

13 hours ago, Trade Monster said:

Gallinari has been awesome this year. I have him in several leagues,  but i am hoping to trade him because of his injury risk. I'd stick with Ibaka because of the blocks You seem to have that locked down with Gobert, AD and Carter Jr. If AD were to get injured long term, you would lose blocks. And possible rebounds.  Keep Ibacka to sure those categories up. 

How do I mitigate the lack of threes my team produces. I am trying to transition to a punt asisst team. I am unable to swing Teague due to his low value currently. What would you suggest? 

17 hours ago, Mobdad said:

:)

I responded to Twhite but I was talking to you.  You really could go either way.  I like Gallo but I can see the other side if there is an injury.  I gave you all the good info.  Now son, be a man and make that good tough decision.

Thanks Dad! 

How do I mitigate the lack of threes my team produces. I am trying to transition to a punt asisst team. I am unable to swing Teague due to his low value currently. What would you suggest? 

Gallinari could potential help you in the 3pt category but hey you wont ever have to worry about losing the block / oreb / dreb /and fg% if you keep IBLOCKA because you do have iblocka

Edited by ayehills

You might as well just drop Ibaka then. Gallo is hurt every year and is one of the most unreliable guys to own. He strings along some good games, gives you hope, then gets hurt. Cycle repeats. 

Save yourself the headache and pass on this offer.