Sign in to follow this  
ellejamil

Rate my team! WHIR!!

I just finished moving a couple of players around, and I'd like to ask you guys if I still have more to improve on.

Team building is punt TO/FT%:

Team 1: H2H 9-cat, 10-team

PG: Westbrook, Payton, Fox

SG: Oladipo, Holiday

SF: Porter Jr., Levert, Doncic, Barton

PF: Harris, Mirotic,

C: Drummond, Gobert, Nurkic, Cousins

So far, I noticed that I live and die by Mirotic's 3pt shooting for the week. Only Doncic and Harris consistently puts up at least 2.

Thanks! I'll help out anybody who responds and has their own query!

Edited by ellejamil

Definitely a great team imo! Punting ft% and TOs right? Most of your other cats seem covered. Even your 3s don't look too bad. I'd think about making a trade for Bjelica, maybe Payton and/or Porter Jr. Grabbing MRobinson off the ww might be useful if he breaks out. Still a nice team regardless though. 

Yes threes are your only weakness. That's cause your pgs aren't helping much in that cat. You don't have bigs either that shoot 3s outside of mirotic. I'd trade for a 3&d player and one or your bigs for a Marc, or Horford to bolster 3s

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/732484-drop-harrell-for-robinson-or-hold-whir/

Thanks for helping with mine. 

You have a stacked punt ft team. I would perhaps look into getting another solid pg like Lonzo or Dunn. 

2 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Yes threes are your only weakness. That's cause your pgs aren't helping much in that cat. You don't have bigs either that shoot 3s outside of mirotic. I'd trade for a 3&d player and one or your bigs for a Marc, or Horford to bolster 3s

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/732484-drop-harrell-for-robinson-or-hold-whir/

I just traded Vuc away for Gobert to cover my weakness with blks. Otto Porter (whom I got for Hayward) was supposed to be my 3&D guy, but he has to go back to his 1.83PM average last year.

1 minute ago, ellejamil said:

I just traded Vuc away for Gobert to cover my weakness with blks. Otto Porter (whom I got for Hayward) was supposed to be my 3&D guy, but he has to go back to his 1.83PM average last year.

I guess you just try put and wait for cousins and Barton. They basically fit your needs and weakness 

3 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

Thanks for helping with mine. 

You have a stacked punt ft team. I would perhaps look into getting another solid pg like Lonzo or Dunn. 

Do I not have enough PGs? I have been winning asts for the past 3 weeks and I also have the highest projected total. Do you mean a scoring PG?

3 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

I guess you just try put and wait for cousins and Barton. They basically fit your needs and weakness 

That's what I was thinking too, though I have already been trying to put together a 2-for-1 trade package so i don't have to drop anybody. I don't think I have an easy drop, though the first one on my mind is Payton, but even he can put up top-75 numbers.

I have been quite competitive with my 3's, though it's been close and I live and die by Mirotic's streaks and he put up a 2 3PM week in week 2. I was hoping Otto to be more consistent and for Russ to start hitting at least 1 (his career average), but I am basically asking my stars to align to be able to win that category.\

Thanks!

Edited by ellejamil

Just now, ellejamil said:

Do I not have enough PGs? I have been winning asts for the past 3 weeks and I also have the highest projected total. Do you mean a scoring PG?

I honestly wanted to add to ur punt ft build with a lonzo etc but if u r winning assists every week then nvm. 

2 minutes ago, ellejamil said:

That's what I was thinking too, though I have already been trying to put together a 2-for-1 trade package so i don't have to drop anybody. I don't think I have an easy drop, though the first one on my mind is Payton, but even he can put up top-75 numbers.

Just chill for now. You team can win 6 cats every week and just let your team get stronger on its own 

2 minutes ago, HotSauce24 said:

I honestly wanted to add to ur punt ft build with a lonzo etc but if u r winning assists every week then nvm. 

By quite a comfortable margin with Elfrid Payton (who averages 6 assts) being injured for 5 games. I thought you meant Lonzo because of his across the board stats and his growing 3PM stat (close to 1 now I think), which is still an incremental improvement from, say, Payton.

Thanks!

2 minutes ago, thrilla1nManila said:

Just chill for now. You team can win 6 cats every week and just let your team get stronger on its own 

There's an emerging trend with Fox though: he's been hitting 3's in a higher clip for the past two games (3PM each). I hope he can sustain at least 1 or closer to two. That would help with the non-shooting PG problem.

Thank you for the help!

I think you should stand pat if you're already winning most of your matchups, or look to trade Nurkic for a big that hit some 3s.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Raiiny said:

I think you should stand pat if you're already winning most of your matchups, or look to trade Nurkic for a big that hit some 3s.

I lost week 2 with just 2 more 3's. BroLo was on the WW, which would have addressed both cats I needed immediately at that time (3's and blks) before I shipped Vuc away for Gobert. But after that trade (w/c was too good to pass up, I was shopping Vuc anyway), I now filled the blocks but lost a bit of points, assts, and maybe a couple of 3's. I had both points and assist to spare, but 3's I was barely winning. I was actually looking for a 3&D guy for 3's and out of position blocking, hence the trade for Otto Porter (w/ Hayward, who was more steals than blocks). If Porter rounds to last year's form I'd rest easy.

Edited by ellejamil

John Wall would look good with your build, despite already having an abundance of guards. Possibly a deal around Porter?

12 hours ago, Roman89 said:

John Wall would look good with your build, despite already having an abundance of guards. Possibly a deal around Porter?

I don't know who to package though. Possibly a package around Doncic? or Levert?