tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2018 Week 10

tonycpsu

NFL Waiver Wire Thread 2018 Week 10

This thread is for offering suggested waiver wire pickups for week 10 of the 2018 NFL season.

It is not for the following:

Comments that fall into one of these categories or are otherwise not on topic for this thread will be removed.

Some discussion of waiver suggetions is allowed, but this is not the place for an extended debate on the merits of any particular player. Take these in-depth discussions over to the outlook threads for the individual player(s) in question.

Message added by tonycpsu

42 minutes ago, jtbgator said:

Sproles.

Eagles waive Carter to make room for Sproles?

This is a sign that Darren Sproles could be set to return for the Eagles' Week 10 game against the Cowboys. Carter, who is primarily a special teamer, has 10 punt returns and 10 kick returns on the season. Sproles, who has plenty of returning experience, has not played since his Week 1 hamstring injury.

This is my pick up of the week. If Sproles comes home, he will get points for returns (for those that count that) and will absorb receptions out of the backfield. He is my cheap pick up for the week. When the rest of the league goes left, go right and grab Sproles. Adams likley wont see enough volume to make an impact. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

This is my pick up of the week. If Sproles comes home, he will get points for returns (for those that count that) and will absorb receptions out of the backfield. He is my cheap pick up for the week. When the rest of the league goes left, go right and grab Sproles. Adams likley wont see enough volume to make an impact. 

What are your projections ROS for him then if he's your pickup of the week?

9 carries 50 yards, 6 receptions, 65 yards, 35 return yards average totals. Somewhere in the Cohen range with upside. Can’t help but feel he is one of the reasons they didn’t move on a running back. 

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

9 carries 50 yards, 6 receptions, 65 yards, 35 return yards average totals. Somewhere in the Cohen range with upside. Can’t help but feel he is one of the reasons they didn’t move on a running back. 

You’re expecting a past-his-prime timeshare scatback to average 115 yards from scrimmage per game on a team that hasn’t been able to run the ball all year?

Haha, ok. ??

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

27 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

Just to further exemplify what a ridiculous projection this is, here is the list of players who have averaged 115+ yards from scrimmage this season:

Gurley

Conner

Barkley

Gordon

J.Jones.

Kamara is 6th at 114.6 yds per game.

Sproles = Kamara? Hmmm... ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

More realistically, just go back two years when he already had about as much touches as he ever had in his career. You'd be looking at almost 11 points a game in full PPR.

Of course when you're a 35 year old rb, two injury riddled years can make a big difference, and Wentz' other options are about 100 times better.

TE needy teams, I think Ozomah is a sneaky add sans AJ. I'm for sure adding him as a Gronk and Reed owner.

A.J. Green's absence opens up 26% of #Bengals targets, 35% of their inside-the-ten targets, 40% of air yards, and 50% of the offenses' end zone targets.

Uzomah disappointed in a good spot before the bye in part because he injured his shoulder early in the game. He seems to be fine coming out of the bye, however, and should remain the primary tight end for a likely shootout with the Saints. Especially with the issues Cincinnati has at receiver, Uzomah is a good bet to bounce back.

Edited by jtbgator
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Saltyseabass said:

Chris Conley could be an interesting add with news to Sammy Watkins 

I don't think it's really necessary 

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

I don't think it's really necessary 

Targets may just end up to going Kelce (hopefully for me)

Edited by Mikeyvegas
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Saltyseabass said:

Chris Conley could be an interesting add with news to Sammy Watkins 

Dont think they’ll need to throw much past the first half this week against the Cardinals.  Not much shootout potential, I would think it would be more of the Hunt, Hill and Kelce show.  If Watkins is out for an extended period of time, Conley could be interesting ROS though.

On 11/4/2018 at 8:28 PM, nonstopfan said:

Josh Adams - Quite possibly the new leader and GL back of a possible three way committee on what should be an explosive offense going forward. Only owned in 13% of CBS leagues due to week 9 bye week.

Jeff Heuerman - 11 targets, 10 receptions 83 yards, 1 TD. With Thomas gone, Sutton was supposed to be the guy to step up and it still may be the case, but it looks like the production could come from TE. TE's are always so volatile, but it's hard to ignore these numbers. Bye week on tap but might be worth a stash.

I'm blown away Philly hasn't tapped into Josh Adams. Minus the injury his last year at ND he looked like a great future NFL RB. Not sure Philly can get around their timeshare though. 

I’m high on Robby Anderson with McCown at QB. Might not pay off this week but going forward he could be more boom then bust.

3 hours ago, CrastersCreep said:

I’m high on Robby Anderson with McCown at QB. Might not pay off this week but going forward he could be more boom then bust.

Jets have a bye next week and darnold may be back after that

• Thanks 1

On 11/6/2018 at 8:11 PM, Fantasy Gooroo said:

On 11/6/2018 at 11:23 PM, Fantasy Gooroo said:

19 minutes ago, smeeze said:

Welp so much for that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dogfightgiggle said:

Bears TE Adam Shaheen is designated to return from IR.  Probably a week away, but he's a interesting TE to scoop.

Cause their stud tight end gets 3 to 4 catches a game? Their back up is left with what?

• Like 1

Corey Clement if he was dropped? Sproles is out again and someone has to catch the ball out if the backfield.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2