StarlinCastro

Ronald Acuna 2019 Outlook

5 minutes ago, FUM said:

Not gonna lie.  Not the dominant force I was expecting so far.

But he has the talent to just go on a tear at any given time.  21 years old, he’ll find his consistency. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, FUM said:

Not gonna lie.  Not the dominant force I was expecting so far.

After tonight's game, he's currently on pace for .270, 32 HR, 90 RBI, 101 R, 17 SB. Not half-bad.

He just needs to get on one hot streak and he'll be in line for a monster season.

• Like 3

AVG/SLG/WOBA - .270/.464/.361

XBA/XSLG/XWOBA - .301/.556/.399

Im expecting a monster summer from him 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Grand slam last night and now on pace for

101 R, 37 HR, 110 RBI, 20 SB, .277

At 21 years old.

Superstar.

He's still getting his RBI's out of the leadoff spot too, and he's running more there. So I expect something like 30-35 HR and 20-25 SB with a .280 AVG.

Edited by 20Duval904
  • Like 4

What's scary is that it seems like he hasnt even hit his stride yet. Once everything "clicks" he will be unstoppable.

Batting 1st (122 AB): 20 R, 8 HR, 23 RBI, 10 BB, 36 Ks, 6-for-8 SB, .279/.348/.500

Batting 4th (133 AB): 20 R, 7 HR, 21 RBI, 18 BB, 35 Ks, 2-for-2 SB, .278/.373/.481

Mildly surprised that he's walking less, striking out more, and getting on base less since moving to leadoff, since it feels like he kind of turned it on after the lineup move. The R/HR/RBI production has been almost identical in a very similar number of ABs, but he's definitely running more as the leadoff man. Overall it's still been a positive for his fantasy value, but he definitely hasn't gotten "locked in" yet. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Just now, mjb03003 said:

Batting 1st (122 AB): 20 R, 8 HR, 23 RBI, 10 BB, 36 Ks, 6-for-8 SB, .279/.348/.500

Batting 4th (133 AB): 20 R, 7 HR, 21 RBI, 18 BB, 35 Ks, 2-for-2 SB, .278/.373/.481

Mildly surprised that he's walking less, striking out more, and getting on base less since moving to leadoff, since it feels like he kind of turned it on after the lineup move. The R/HR/RBI production has been almost identical in a very similar number of ABs, but he's definitely running more as the leadoff man. Overall it's still been a positive for his fantasy value, but he definitely hasn't gotten "locked in" yet. 

good post...I would have thought his numbers batting 1st were much better than 4th....the SB is the biggie!

• Like 1

After today's big game, here's his updated pace:

.296 BA

.375 OBP%

.507 SLG%

36 HR

106 RBI

110 R

20 SB

Anyone still think he's not living up to expectations?

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Let’s see more games like this fellas 🍻

Posted (edited)

I sat front row in SF the other day (basically in the dugout next to camera guy) and this kid is beyond special! He looks like less jacked Ronny Gant, just a disgusting display of muscle and explosive potential. I personally feel he sold himself short, but contract aside, having him locked up and not playing for dollars isn't a bad thing for the Braves or fantasy owners alike. He is IMHO, the closest thing to Trout we have going. He is capable of taking over a game on both ends, and like Trout, genuinely seems to play for the love of the game. I luckily own him in both Keeper Roto & Dynasty, but if I didn't, I'd trade the wife and baby's shoes to get him! Kid is going to do very special things, going to win awards and justify his top player (1-5) annual selection in all formats! He is incredibly fun to own, and I'd assume it would be hard to root against him if you don't?

I love my Braves and I'm admittedly jaded, but for honesty sake... Albies was a lil arrogant $hit. His pre game antics, his blowing off of fans (he was the only one), and just overall vibe was a lil off-putting. I'm glad to see him heat up recently, but he needs to learn from Acuna how to be a better representative of the game. 

p.s. Had an amazing conversation w/ Charlie Culberson, the nicest and most genuinely humble ball player I've ever spoken with. I'd like to see him get a full time gig somewhere as he's a damn good player, Braves are lucky to have him as a luxury off the bench. 

Edited by LarryChip10
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, LarryChip10 said:

I luckily own him in both Keeper Roto & Dynasty, but if I didn't, I'd trade the wife and baby's shoes to get him! Kid is going to do very special things, going to win awards and justify his top player (1-5) annual selection in all formats! He is incredibly fun to own, and I'd assume it would be hard to root against him if you don't?

Well, your wife and baby might be justified in rooting against him if you didn’t have him.

(But seriously, interesting post, thanks!)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BMcP said:

Well, your wife and baby might be justified in rooting against him if you didn’t have him.

(But seriously, interesting post, thanks!)

Babies bro, babies. Multiple pairs of Jordans... no qualms. :D

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DerrickHenrysCleats said:

Batting .296 with 16 HRs, 49 runs scored, 47 RBI, 9 SBs.

#10 overall best offensive player in my league.

imagine if they had him at leadoff to start the season.

9 minutes ago, Members_Only_76 said:

imagine if they had him at leadoff to start the season.

Imagine if Donaldson/ Albies / Markakis / Ender / had actually hit in front of him when he was cleanup! Can’t tell you how many times I saw him start an inning when he was in the 4 hole. He’d have 20+ more RBI’s and probably still be hitting there. 

All for the best, but despite Dansby’s good showing in the two hole, I feel Ozzie should lead off, Acuna 2, Freddie, Riley, Donaldson/ Dansby ... then whatevs... would be ideal until Pache is ready to permanently hit leadoff and send everyone down a spot. I know Freddie loves the 3 spot, so Ozzie slides back to 5/6, but hate him hitting in the 7-8 spot and not running.  

• Like 1

He’s doing that thing where he’s the best player in the game again

• Like 2

2 hours ago, mevins31 said:

He’s doing that thing where he’s the best player in the game again

I wish I could post a few pics I took of him from 10’ away the other day... he sticks out amongst the other players to say the least. Seriously, if he winds up the MVP and number one player... would it surprise you anymore? 

Yeah, not much to say about Ronald... looks like Gant, plays like Trout. Time will tell, but he may have left a couple hundred million (gulp) on the table? If he continues on this path, I’d hope the Braves make it right down the road somehow. Baseball is exciting again... so long as you don’t pitch that is! 

Acuna/ Albies/ Alonso/ Judge/ Eloy/ Alvarez/ Bellinger/ Mondesi/ Tattis Jr./ Vlad Jr... and so many more. It’s a renascence of sorts and it’s awesome!!!  

• Like 2

He's been the #1 overall player in my obp league the last 14 days with a .452 obp, 14 runs, 6 hr, 15 rbis and 2 sb. He's had 8 multi-hit games in that stretch with 3 of them being 3+ hits. He is an absolute superstar and he's so fun to watch not only because of the talent, that's obvious, but the way he plays the game and the energy he brings to every play and every at bat, especially in big moments. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BostonCajun said:

He's been the #1 overall player in my obp league the last 14 days with a .452 obp, 14 runs, 6 hr, 15 rbis and 2 sb. He's had 8 multi-hit games in that stretch with 3 of them being 3+ hits. He is an absolute superstar and he's so fun to watch not only because of the talent, that's obvious, but the way he plays the game and the energy he brings to every play and every at bat, especially in big moments. 

Agreed, Team is so fun to watch now, They're developing great chemistry because of him and the rest of the young players having such a great attitude.  Loved our teams of the past but they were always too business like and I believe that approach cost us several rings by acting like playoff games are just any other regular season game and not seizing the opportunity. 

• Like 3

have him #3 ROS only behind Trout and Yelich. ahead of Bellinger and story 5x5 redraft

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DMurphy77 said:

Agreed, Team is so fun to watch now, They're developing great chemistry because of him and the rest of the young players having such a great attitude.  Loved our teams of the past but they were always too business like and I believe that approach cost us several rings by acting like playoff games are just any other regular season game and not seizing the opportunity. 

Well said fellow fan, well said! 

All those years (14 consecutive Division tiles) we took playoffs for granted. How we didn’t luck into 3/4 rings given the three headed monster pitching staff I’ll never know... but it just feels different now! If we move a few SP prospects to fill the holes in the BP, we could be witnessing the birth of a dynasty! I believe that 100%! (Acuna & Albies ridiculous contracts might be the driving force of extra $ to fill needs for the next decade!) Exciting times! 😁

• Like 3

Since last year’s ASG (152 Games)

.307 AVG

39 HR

97 RBI

118 Runs

27 SB

10,2 BB%

22,4 K%

148 wRC+

6.5 WAR

giphy.gif

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Sine_cera said:

Since last year’s ASG (152 Games)

.307 AVG

39 HR

97 RBI

118 Runs

27 SB

10,2 BB%

22,4 K%

148 wRC+

6.5 WAR

giphy.gif

Possibly the 2nd best player in fantasy baseball since the ASG?