StarlinCastro

Ronald Acuna 2019 Outlook

He's at 20/20 for the year now. Another swipe. Other than Yellich, are there any others at 20/20 or beyond?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, nlm said:

He's at 20/20 for the year now. Another swipe. Other than Yellich, are there any others at 20/20 or beyond?

Nope. As of now, just those 2

• Thanks 1

He's a fantasy monster right now, that's all I'll say.

• Like 1

He's stolen 8 bases over the last 7 games. He is taking this leadoff role seriously and I am loving it.

He can't keep up this pace but I'm glad he's showing he's not afraid to run.  I wonder what's changed, he's been in the leadoff spot for awhile and has not run like this at all.  He would have had 3 tonight but Donaldson was hit during his steal attempt but it seemed like he would definitely have been safe. 

• Like 1

On 7/5/2019 at 5:53 PM, CounterPunch said:

I can think of only 3 players id rather have right now.

You keep this up Mr. Ronald and I might have to rethink this statement...

3 hours ago, buzzkilloton said:

Pick 3 next season for me. I'm taking him over Cody. The steals are just to valuable.

I wouldn’t argue with it. He’s a top 4 pick for sure. It’s Trout, Yelich, Acuna, Bellinger in some order but those are the 4.

And FWIW, ESPN has Acuna as number 1 in their latest keeper/dynasty rankings.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

All rest of season projections (Steamer, ZIPS, THE BAT) expect him to have a 30/30 season. The only player to have a 30/30 season at age 21 is Trout. That’s it. 

Edited by Sine_cera

I just posted this in the game day thread and realized it should go here. His hr tonight was his 50th career hr making him the 4th fastest in mlb history to reach that mark. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, 4catztoomany said:

Barring an injury, there's just about no way he doesn't get to 30/30.  After tonight, he's up to 24/21. 

40/40 is in reach. How crazy is that?!?

1 hour ago, NoHablaIngles said:

40/40 is in reach. How crazy is that?!?

as fun as that would be, there's only 6 weeks left, i don't think 40/40 is within reach. even 30/30 is gonna be tough to pull off but he's on fire atm

1 minute ago, rlaalsrb said:

as fun as that would be, there's only 6 weeks left, i don't think 40/40 is within reach. even 30/30 is gonna be tough to pull off but he's on fire atm

6 weeks? Season ends at the end of September.  He has over 2 months. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 4catztoomany said:

6 weeks? Season ends at the end of September.  He has over 2 months. 

oh ye. i was just looking at my fantasy regular season calendar lol my bad

• Haha 1

He also has 19 SB since May 10th, tied with Mallex Smith for first. 17 HR and 19 SB in 63 Games.....

#FantasyBeast

• Like 2

Acuna Matata everyone...it means no worries...unless you are playing against him...😼

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, BostonCajun said:

I just posted this in the game day thread and realized it should go here. His hr tonight was his 50th career hr making him the 4th fastest in mlb history to reach that mark. 

Dude.... the pace he's on *right now* puts him at 38/34.   If he doesn't get 30/30 it's cause of an injury.  If this week is any indication he's upped his SB pace too and we all know he's capable of having a stupid good HR week at any time.

Edited by LJJr

7 hours ago, LJJr said:

Dude.... the pace he's on *right now* puts him at 38/34.   If he doesn't get 30/30 it's cause of an injury.  If this week is any indication he's upped his SB pace too and we all know he's capable of having a stupid good HR week at any time.

He's going 40/40 just to rub Trout's nose in it... yup, indubitably! Most exciting player in baseball... and best player in the game for the next 10 years. :wub:

• Like 1

The scary part is that according to Baseballsavant he is still underperforming. His xSLG is .554 and xWOBA is .396. 

• Like 2

36 HR and 35 SB in 133 career games as the Braves leadoff hitter. That’s a 40/40 pace folks. Please let him hit leadoff all season. 

1 hour ago, Sine_cera said:

36 HR and 35 SB in 133 career games as the Braves leadoff hitter. That’s a 40/40 pace folks. Please let him hit leadoff all season. 

He’s not getting moved from that spot. 

Acuña=👽

Otherworldly talent...top 5 if not top 3 player in the Show...

No need to move him at this point.  Donaldson is solid as a #4 hitter, Freeman is locked into 3, and Dansby/Ozzie at 2.