Sign in to follow this  
bball961

Tristan Thompson 2018 - 2019 Season Outlook

Just now, kmoore1521 said:

Most teams would take "lebron ball" and his rings haha but this isnt the lebron thread or really even relevant to TT so ill leave it alone

im a laker fan and wish we never got lebron 

u can see what its doing to the development of ingram 

any top tier player woulda won rings in the situations he was blessed with (wade+bosh, kyrie+love both in a historically terrible conference) 

it all comes back to TT, who is once again a double double machine with no lebron hindering his game because he likes his bigs to be spot up shooters. 

not saying you’re wrong but I feel a better way to look at it is ofc Ingram isnt given a huge opportunity to explode since bron is such a dominant facet of the system they implement and be basicallt is the system. But looking at Ingram’s playing style he does tend to take a bunch of midrange contested Js as well as his shooting not being that prolific , but as a laker and lebron fan I see this opportunity for Ingram to grow and learn. Although the stats aren’t all the way there, the lakers have a decent amount of mouths and ball handlers and rn it seems as Ingram needs the ball. They’ve got lance rondo kuz bron and lonzo who all like the ball as well and I think Ingram will improve as the team gets more comfortable 

so I don’t disagree but to say he hinders players I think is an unfair statement to lebron. TT is rebounding and doing great but it’s not a winning style as he is a rim runner who isn’t a an athletic phenom like deandre or something. to say they won the ring in CLE  because in a bad conference, but they came back from 3-1 against the 73 win warriors and they played historically great teams in the finals.

07 spurs he was all alone against 3 HOFers

the Dallas one I agree is his fault

however the losses to SAS again and GSW he’s constanly playing against HOFers in the spurs who had a young kawhi but also against this GSW team when he lost kyrie and love and then now with one of the greatest assembled teams with KD in GSW.

to say and top player could do what he did I think is where I would disagree. would KD be able to drag that Cleveland team to the finals or even beat the warriors? KD couldn’t beat the warriors with WB, and a good ibaka. 

As a longtime bron fan and first tlaker fan , although it’s tough now, I think Bronx impact and IQ and just veteran knowledge will only help our laker young uns.

2 minutes ago, COBBLEPOT said:

im a laker fan and wish we never got lebron 

u can see what its doing to the development of ingram 

any top tier player woulda won rings in the situations he was blessed with (wade+bosh, kyrie+love both in a historically terrible conference) 

it all comes back to TT, who is once again a double double machine with no lebron hindering his game because he likes his bigs to be spot up shooters. 

50 minutes ago, calebcjy said:

not saying you’re wrong but I feel a better way to look at it is ofc Ingram isnt given a huge opportunity to explode since bron is such a dominant facet of the system they implement and be basicallt is the system. But looking at Ingram’s playing style he does tend to take a bunch of midrange contested Js as well as his shooting not being that prolific , but as a laker and lebron fan I see this opportunity for Ingram to grow and learn. Although the stats aren’t all the way there, the lakers have a decent amount of mouths and ball handlers and rn it seems as Ingram needs the ball. They’ve got lance rondo kuz bron and lonzo who all like the ball as well and I think Ingram will improve as the team gets more comfortable 

so I don’t disagree but to say he hinders players I think is an unfair statement to lebron. TT is rebounding and doing great but it’s not a winning style as he is a rim runner who isn’t a an athletic phenom like deandre or something. to say they won the ring in CLE  because in a bad conference, but they came back from 3-1 against the 73 win warriors and they played historically great teams in the finals.

07 spurs he was all alone against 3 HOFers

the Dallas one I agree is his fault

however the losses to SAS again and GSW he’s constanly playing against HOFers in the spurs who had a young kawhi but also against this GSW team when he lost kyrie and love and then now with one of the greatest assembled teams with KD in GSW.

to say and top player could do what he did I think is where I would disagree. would KD be able to drag that Cleveland team to the finals or even beat the warriors? KD couldn’t beat the warriors with WB, and a good ibaka. 

As a longtime bron fan and first tlaker fan , although it’s tough now, I think Bronx impact and IQ and just veteran knowledge will only help our laker young uns.

i mean, the proof is in the pudding.. his teammates statistics and game suffers when they play with him. that’s a fact. you can say what you will about ingram, but his numbers this year have been far better without lebron on the court. 

he lost to the spurs when they only had 1 all-star and he was playing on a superteam .. he’s a couple miracle shots away from having 8 finals losses. and playing the warriors without durant with kyrie and love on his side shoulda been a win too. 

but this is a fantasy forum, so it all goes back to the numbers .. and there’s undeniable proof that numbers suffer across the board when he’s around. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, crocp said:

Anyone who watch led the game know why he only got 19 min?

Early foul trouble and an early blowout seem to be the main factors. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DezedandConfused said:

Kardashian curse lifted :ph34r:

Dominating boards with TT added to an already glass clearing squad. Hopefully he keep up the double doubles.

3 minutes ago, Trench Mob said:

A discount Drummond these days. My goodness.

Best random needs based pickup I've had fall into my lap in a while. Was down a few boards 10 days ago and havent looked back 😎

• Haha 1

Pretty much good for a double-double every night. Rostering this guy  can win you rebounds, 2 weeks back he had a 21 rebound game.

Idk why there isn't more hype about how this guy is playing !!

I understand that there's a good chance this guys production falls off when k love returns but this guy has literally been drummond lite

For my fellow owners that scooped him, let's hope this s--- continues !

• Like 3

I pretty much scooped him up in 80% of my leagues. Reguardless of what the future holds for TT, can’t complain about his production. Hopefully I love doesn’t affect him too much, even with love coming back, I believe he can carve out value easily in12 teams league

Edited by Tyboogie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Crazycanto said:

Henson coming in may finally slow down his run

Lmao.

2 minutes ago, wengbenedict93 said:

Still no love for this guy on rotoworld. He may reach 20/20 today.

That's not true, I love him. 

• Like 1