Sign in to follow this  
bball961

Tristan Thompson 2018 - 2019 Season Outlook

5 hours ago, Asho said:

Worth a scoop in 10-team?? Sources say he’s due back soon. 

Obviously he’s worth a scoop but always depends on roster.

I’m in a FT% and 3 punt build.. no brainer for me to grab him and not use a waiver pick.  Right before he got hurt he was playing so well.  I would say it’s worth a gamble but obviously depends on who you would drop.

7 hours ago, Padilla814 said:

Obviously he’s worth a scoop but always depends on roster.

I’m in a FT% and 3 punt build.. no brainer for me to grab him and not use a waiver pick.  Right before he got hurt he was playing so well.  I would say it’s worth a gamble but obviously depends on who you would drop.

I have the same dilemma since I’m right at the cusp of leading in rebounds for the season but because my league doesn’t like to trade wings and prefer bigs, I just might have to pick him up and try to bait him with one of my wings to get an upgrade while I wait for my guys to return healthy... question is if THJ is worth the drop for him only to be used as trade bait at some point before the deadline since no one in my league is interested in THJ

Is this guy a drop? :o Not quite the same sweet statlines recently 

1 minute ago, Brandayz said:

Is this guy a drop? :o Not quite the same sweet statlines recently 

Meh double digits REBS in 5 of 8 since coming back, scoring was never going to hold up, if you dont need a nightly DD average ROS then yea you can drop

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kmoore1521 said:

Meh double digits REBS in 5 of 8 since coming back, scoring was never going to hold up, if you dont need a nightly DD average ROS then yea you can drop

Well he goes from a 15-14 game to a 4-8 game a 15-13 game to 6-10/6-5. That inconsistency is killing :D that's why i'm asking 

And don't see him being a part of CLE's future and with Lance back in the mix..

Edited by Brandayz

Just now, Brandayz said:

Well he goes from a 15-14 game to a 4-8 game a 15-13 game to 6-10/6-5. That inconsistency is killing :D that's why i'm asking 

Theyve been dragging nance around all season i wouldnt worry with him taking away from TT and yea but we got TT from WW, your gonna get inconsistency but his averages will be that of a double double so you just run with it

17 minutes ago, Brandayz said:

Its only him and Zizic at the center position right now. I’d hold at least until Nance and Love are back unless you don’t need boards at all.

Is this guy still worth stashing?

20 minutes ago, wisegeeks said:

Is this guy still worth stashing?

Depends on how your season is going.

I had to drop him because I have a really tough fixture this week. If I had a really easy fixture this week, I would of stashed him

51 minutes ago, j3rkthenurk said:

Depends on how your season is going.

I had to drop him because I have a really tough fixture this week. If I had a really easy fixture this week, I would of stashed him

Just stashed him in my IL over Lonzo and D12.

What is the outlook for TT? Much of my concern is if he's even going to play given that they are tanking

4 hours ago, wisegeeks said:

Just stashed him in my IL over Lonzo and D12.

What is the outlook for TT? Much of my concern is if he's even going to play given that they are tanking

That's also my concern as well.. It's the same with D12.

2 hours ago, j3rkthenurk said:

That's also my concern as well.. It's the same with D12.

My concern is a trade, which is obviously a good concern 

1 hour ago, urban2014 said:

My concern is a trade, which is obviously a good concern 

Where do u realistically see TT going tho lol

Clearly we are all hoping for something to happen here.

Given these, do we all agree that TT is a better stash than D12?

26 minutes ago, fantasm said:

Where do u realistically see TT going tho lol

Even without a Trade

Klove coming back (could be shutdown or just limit his mins ROS once back)

Nance will be back as well

TT has his own shut down/min limit concerns

just a lot of moving parts for teams expecting to hold him for their fantasy playoffs

Not sure if he will be of much use with his limited D stats, pretty empty DD is what he offers and at that point (playoffs) the other bigs should be healthy

with the trade deadline coming id have no issue for a playoff team dropping for an upside grab (i just dropped for Kornet)

teams with title aspirations just need to take account the factors coming into effect later this season...........food for thought

1 minute ago, wisegeeks said:

Clearly we are all hoping for something to happen here.

Given these, do we all agree that TT is a better stash than D12?

tough call, D12 more upside for the blocks given his booty feels good, with the FT impact

We have seen TT at his best so can only really get worse for him so not much room for optimism over what he has currently done

• Haha 1

What's his rest of season outlook like? Was he playing a lot better because nance and love were out? I have no idea what's going on with the Cavs. DDs are a category in my league and they are hard to come by on the waivers.

Currently have kyle Anderson on IL. In thinking of dropping for him

He's not back until sometime after the break. It depends on where you are in the standings, your scoring type and how your current roster all fits into that. Follow your gut. 

I don't have IL in my league but I'm holding until he's back or a better opportunity comes along.

Edited by Spyplane

He'll likely be back in the first game after the break, but I am hesitant to pick him up since Nance is back and healthy, and same goes for Love. Also, Chriss is there now and Zizic as well. Do you guys think TT can still average 29 mins a game? I dont see it happening. 

11 minutes ago, HelloMelo said:

He'll likely be back in the first game after the break, but I am hesitant to pick him up since Nance is back and healthy, and same goes for Love. Also, Chriss is there now and Zizic as well. Do you guys think TT can still average 29 mins a game? I dont see it happening. 

Love will surely get limited minutes. Same goes with Chriss because we all know his history of inconsistency. As for Nance and Zizic, I think they will get bulk minutes in the frontcourt. With Cavs' ranking, I don't think TT gets more than 20 minutes. But who knows... We're talking about a team that is equally unpredictable as the Knicks.

Edited by MrBean
  • Like 1

I'd stash him just to see what happens. I'm rolling with Nance right now with TT in the IR as an insurance policy.