cousinal111

Chris Conley 2018 Outlook

Yep. In light of the latest events I'm plugging/playing for a guy I was looking for any excuse to bench.

1 minute ago, KCJONES said:

I had him in before then hunt news.  Now I feel even better about him.  

Likewise. I’m starting Mahomes, Ware, Tyreek, and Conley along with Butker 

19 minutes ago, Conscious Pilot said:

Likewise. I’m starting Mahomes, Ware, Tyreek, and Conley along with Butker 

I’m right there with you with Kelce, Conley, KC D and now Ware.  

Im in win or go home mode:/

• Like 1

The more I think about this game - the more it makes me think that they will be very run-heavy to get Ware ready to go for the upcoming playoffs.   Not to mention they will probably get out to a big early lead.

Is Conley a good pick-up in case Watkins ends up missing more weeks?  I have Tyreek Hill so it is sort of insurance in a way.  I think Conley should always be over 10 PPR points if he is WR2.  This sound right?

They still have a lot of mouths to feed but they score points in buckets. They could get out front on Oakland and grind Ware but to get to that point they would still need to be up 28-0 roughly as they are still fighting for playoff positioning. Someone has to score those touchdowns.  He’s a bigger red zone target than TH. He’s also got some quality snaps in over the last few weeks to get more insync w Mahomes. He’s KC #2 this week. What’s not to like 

5 hours ago, RockSexton said:

The more I think about this game - the more it makes me think that they will be very run-heavy to get Ware ready to go for the upcoming playoffs.   Not to mention they will probably get out to a big early lead.

Same token someone has to assist them in getting said big lead. This OAK D is so bad you have to look at it a bit more closely, particularly Considering Conley's plus speed. 

7 minutes ago, Jordan23 said:

Bordering on Assistant Coach, but how does his ROS outlook compare with Josh Reynolds?  

Reynolds is in a significant role and has no tight end or alpha dog wr1 to compete with. Ware also catches passes and I also imagine the chiefs won’t keep their foot on the gas against these crap teams. Who knows though- would’ve been nice if I picked him up as I dumped Watkins. It’s gonna be volatile.

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Tugginroot said:

Isn't Oakland decent again WR??

Because there is no need to pass against them. Clock control and end the game with running.

• Like 1

I have a claim in for him to use as a back up in case Stefon Diggs is a scratch at NE...I have tempered expectations as the KC-Rams stats may be an outlier but I like Watkins being out to possibly increase targets. 

Simply put he is the best available option for me in the 4pm games unless news breaks on Diggs not being active before 1pm. 

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, 24/7fantasysports said:

I have a claim in for him to use as a back up in case Stefon Diggs is a scratch at NE...I have tempered expectations as the KC-Rams stats may be an outlier but I like Watkins being out to possibly increase targets. 

Simply put he is the best available option for me in the 4pm games unless news breaks on Diggs not being active before 1pm. 

From everything I've heard/read Diggs is going 99% certainty.

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Tugginroot said:

Isn't Oakland decent again WR??

Nope.  Like somebody said, people don't need to pass against them, but they can still give up points to WRs.  They've given up the least amount of receptions in the league to WRs, but they've given up 16 TDs to WRs, which is tied for 5th most.

Starting him over Ridley. It's Oakland after all. And he is going to be running as the WR2, with Mahomes slinging it. I expect 4 touchdowns from Mahomes with Conley receiving at least one of them. 

The doubters were right. The Chiefs didn't need Conley today and this was looking like a massive bust play.

His 2-yd TD (they could easily have run it in) was very ironic - and a life saver. KC has some tough games coming up v BAL v LAC @ SEA. Not sure I'm going to walk this tightrope again.

A lot of it depends though on Watkins' status. This Watkins injury has gone on for a while and his feet are always what ends his seasons. Conley may be a worthy hold as long as Watkins is out and who knows this may be the end of the season for Watkins. That's the pattern.

Just now, SuperJoint said:

The doubters were right. The Chiefs didn't need Conley today and this was looking like a massive bust play.

His 2-yd TD (they could easily have run it in) was very ironic - and a life saver. KC has some tough games coming up v BAL v LAC @ SEA. Not sure I'm going to walk this tightrope again.

A lot of it depends though on Watkins' status. This Watkins injury has gone on for a while and his feet are always what ends his seasons. Conley may be a worthy hold as long as Watkins is out and who knows this may be the end of the season for Watkins. That's the pattern.

Not worried about Chargers or Seattle. It all depends on whether or not Watkins plays. 

Watkins out for a while. He's the WR2 on this team rest of season. Played 92% of snaps last game. Behind Hill and Kelce in pecking order but without Hunt should eat. Benjamin is a concern but he needs catch up time, likely won't be relevant until real playoffs. 

Like his outlook ROS. 

Edited by oliminator123

3 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Watkins out for a while. He's the WR2 on this team rest of season. Played 92% of snaps last game. Behind Hill and Kelce in pecking order but without Hunt should eat. Benjamin is a concern but he needs catch up time, likely won't be relevant until real playoffs. 

Like his outlook ROS. 

Same, but let's not kid ourselves, Kelvin Benjamin is never a concern.

Wish i had roster space for him...carrying 3 Defenses hurts.

I love Conley's talent. Had him on my list to breakout last year and it never happened (plus he got injured). This could be the opp he needs, but i think he'll still be inconsistent. 

4 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Like his outlook ROS. 

Appreciate your thoughts on this.  I have had Conley ever since Watkins was questionable out of the bye and wasn't sure if I should pick up KB.