sngehl01

Alex Bregman 2019 Outlook

12 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

love bregman but he has a ways to go if he wants to jump Anderson, mondesi, and springer in 5x5 rankings (if you want to talk about final season value)

he is one of the safest bats in baseball, in the best lineup (imo), in great home ball park. [...] 

Yea, my league counts on base % so hes clear top 10 for me. I wouldnt take any of the guys you listed over him.

Bergman a turn pick next year?

I think he has more BA upside ros than people think I’m buying high right now 

just hoping he picks it up soon ... awfully cold in here

2 hours ago, jb_power said:

His HR/FB rate was absolutely absurd.  Something 60-70% for a while, IIRC.

He'll be fine long-term, but a correction/regression was coming. 

On 5/27/2019 at 11:56 AM, jb_power said:

Satisfied? :D 

With the seasons Yelich and Bellinger are having , Alex's season is kind of flying under the radar. His BABIP is only .243 right now (Career .295) so he could easily add 20-30 points in batting average if/when that normalizes.

• Like 2

Welcome to the annual countdown of Bregman earning another year of SS eligibility! Thank you Carlos Tulo-Correa!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Yanks#1 said:

Welcome to the annual countdown of Bregman earning another year of SS eligibility! Thank you Carlos Tulo-Correa!

He has 6 games and 3 starts at SS this year, so he only needs 4 games or 2 starts in Yahoo. In my CBS league, I think he needs 7 more starts for this year and 17 more to carry over to next year. 

And that my friends is 20 games at SS and another year of ESPN eligibility.

Stay glassy Correa

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

Combo meal for Bregman tonight already...23rd HR and 4th SB. I’d like to see him run more because speed is not an issue for him. 

I was watching the game on ESPN last night when he got absolutely blasted in the chin with that 98mph two-hopper off Choo's bat. Got him so square. Hinch mentioned he got 4 stitches and that they'd find out more soon. With the way he was grabbing at his jaw near his ear it wouldn't surprise me in the least if he has a fracture in there somewhere which would absolutely blow. I hope he only has to take a day or two and is back in our lineups soon.

Bregman is too tough to miss days for a little scratch.  May sit out one, but that's about it.

13 minutes ago, emcllns said:

Bregman is too tough to miss days for a little scratch.  May sit out one, but that's about it.

He's definitely a gamer.  The Astros have taken the long-view all season long so I would not be surprised by a short absence from Bregman, but he bounced back fairly quickly from a hamstring ailment earlier this year.  Given he took a ball to the melon, this news is about as good as it gets.

11 minutes ago, emcllns said:

Just as a comparable, from an astros POV,  Altuve took a really bad knock to the head (not a ball, but another players head) 2 years ago.  It was non concussion.  He missed a little more than a week I think.  Ill always remember this injury because I dropped Cody bellinger in a keeper for 2 days of yangervis solarte (0-8 btw.)   Different injury, I know, but maybe the astros give a few days.  Kris Bryant was drilled in the face..no injury, no concussions, still missed almost 2 weeks.  Gotta wait and see, i might CONSIDER  sitting if I had t make a decision in a weekly today, but looks like a best case scenario.

Back in the lineup today batting 3rd starting @ SS.

42 minutes ago, ragrag said:

Back in the lineup today batting 3rd starting @ SS.

LFG!

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, jkells83 said:

This guy has been awful since the all star break, is he hurt or something?

It's probably one of those...what do you call them? Oh yea. A slump.

I think they're actually kind of common in baseball.

Edited by hangin n wangin

Anybody else got a feeling that Bregman is about to go on a monster tear? It could be wishful thinking but he's been slumping a little here lately and it seems like when he breaks out of them he absolutely goes off. 

Posted (edited)

sooner or later the fantasy community is going to wake up and stop putting a 1st rd price tag on him in standard 5x5

reminds me exactly of Rizzo throughout his career. good/great player but fantasy wise not a 1st rder. how many years was Rizzo a 1st rder when he never really came close to 1st rd production? (even when Rizzo stole 17 bags in 2015 he was barely inside top 20)

I guess  if you want a safe 1st rder bregman is fine just don't think he carries the upside and with all the talent in mlb 

I do think he gets hot very soon. hopefully

Edited by colepenhagen

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, colepenhagen said:

sooner or later the fantasy community is going to wake up and stop putting a 1st rd price tag on him in standard 5x5

reminds me exactly of Rizzo throughout his career. good/great player but fantasy wise not a 1st rder. how many years was Rizzo a 1st rder when he never really came close to 1st rd production? (even when Rizzo stole 17 bags in 2015 he was barely inside top 20)

I guess you if you want a safe 1st rder bregman is fine just don't think he carries the upside and with all the talent in mlb 

I do think he gets hot very soon. hopefully

Currently ranked as the 9th overall ESPN batter

On pace for 40 homers/100 RBI/.400 OBP/.914 OPS

Is 25 years old and improving

i don't know - I think that's pretty good late first round talent....

Usually agree with you - disagree with you here.

Edited by IlliniGuy76
  • Like 2

Bregman was a stud before but it seems he's really doing nicely batting right before Alvarez.  
Since July 30,  his average has climbed from .259 to .282 and his OPS from .910 to .974.   
He's quite good

• Like 1

Yeah. I just wish he was more consistent. Only been elite in May and August (a month and a half). Every other month he's been "meh."