cwilliam

Trade Chubb for Cooks? Standard Scoring

In my 10 Team H2H Standard League, I was offered the following trade -

I send: Nick Chubb

I receive: Brandin Cooks

I would say I have equal depth at RB and WR. My current RB are Gordon, Conner, Chubb, Peterson, and Howard. My current WR are Hopkins, Hill, JuJu, M. Jones, and Robinson.

Is this trade a wash or is there a side that you would be prefer? Any thoughts or opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I prefer cooks even in standard.  Chubb is fools gold right now with the cleveland offense finally remembering that duke johnson is a good.  That being said, i worry that conner is going to be in a 60 40 split with bell at some point and the fact that petersen hasnt gotten injured with those old bones is incredible.  So i can see chubb being your rb2 at some point which makes me hold even though cooks is way more valuable even in standard.

39 minutes ago, Scott3705 said:

I prefer cooks even in standard.  Chubb is fools gold right now with the cleveland offense finally remembering that duke johnson is a good.  That being said, i worry that conner is going to be in a 60 40 split with bell at some point and the fact that petersen hasnt gotten injured with those old bones is incredible.  So i can see chubb being your rb2 at some point which makes me hold even though cooks is way more valuable even in standard.

So Duke is just about to become a feature back or something for the first time in his career lol? 

Chubb is actually a pretty damn solid high-floor mid-range RB2 right now. Trading him for Cooks is essentially fair, but with byes and injuries taking hold, reliable RBs are rare. 

No keep Chubb, Rams have too many WR's on their team, and not enough pigskins to go around. 

The trade is an even one & you have the RB depth to make it. Do you play 3 wr & a flex? If so, no issues getting Cooks, but T Hill & Cooka have the same bye week, so think I would hold. You may be able to package Chubb & a WR for a better WR, if you are wanting to improve. Howard, MG3, AP, & Conner give you great RB ros. No issues if you hold either.

http://forums.rotoworld.com/topic/733365-cooper-or-diggs-ros-whir/

52 minutes ago, SenatorSpaceman said:

So Duke is just about to become a feature back or something for the first time in his career lol? 

Chubb is actually a pretty damn solid high-floor mid-range RB2 right now. Trading him for Cooks is essentially fair, but with byes and injuries taking hold, reliable RBs are rare. 

No not at all.  But they gave him a contract this offseason, he has been vocal about getting more touches before the trade and after and the team has been finding more opportunities to get him the ball. Just because the old regime pounded the ball 20 times a game getting 3.5 a touch doesnt mean that continues and any uptick in johnson is a bad thing for chubb.  I agree with you that he is a mid range rb2 (and obviously more valuable that johnson) but he is being valued as a low end rb1 because everyone is extrapolating carlos hyde/ chubb volume under haley into infinity.  Rb1 perception for an rb2 on a bad team is a good player to trade.