Sign in to follow this  
Patrick Bateman

11.8.18 -- TNF: Carolina Panthers @ Pittsburgh Steelers Game Thread

4 minutes ago, devaster said:

Sorry. Catching up. But how is that any different than any other contract in the NFL? They are all front loaded to reduce the cap number in the early years.

It's very different than the rest of the NFL

because the Steelers take a more extreme structure than most they are the only other team in the NFL thats does not guarantee money past year1, other teams will guarantee out to year 3 at least; thats always been the issue with bell's contarct offer  its all guaranteed in year 1 making it extremely team friendly

Just now, SuperJoint said:

Once again - if there was some breaking injury news these guys would kill each other to be the first to break said news.

I was following this as well. Sometimes beat writers miss ishh it does happen. But yea it looks like they are testing out other rb's on a short week and up big. So I doubt Conner gets a lot of work in the 2nd half. 

• Like 1

31 points and I still have 1 catch between JuJu and Vance. Thankfully that was a decent 1 catch.

Conner back in.  Pretty weird usage given what they've done up to this point but Samuels is an awesome receiving weapon so makes some sense.

Edited by Chwf3rd

Just now, Chwf3rd said:

Conner back out.  Pretty weird usage given what they've done up to this point but Samuels is an awesome receiving weapon so makes some sense.

They just had pam Oliver on saying Tomlin said it was just rest on a short week

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Asian Sensation said:

Oh so you knew Conner would be a top 5 running back this year? 

You just listed all the succesful RBs the Steelers have had the past few decades. What about all the numerous ones that failed?  Chris Rainey and Jonathan Dwyer come to mind since they got endless opportunities to prove themselves. Numerous others have failed. WRs?  Dri Archer, Sammie Coates, Markus Wheaton, Limas Sweed all highly touted guys that the Steelers missed on fairly recently. 

I don’t even know what you’re trying to argue or prove. Nobody thinks Bell is a Jag and just cause you get playing time for the Steelers doesn’t automatically translate to production like you claim. 

I never stated cooner would be a stud i stated that he has proven he is good with his opportunity and the steelers are good at acquiring skills talent.

you are the guy presenting it as if bell is some jag because he didnt get a gurley style deal

Stop trying to debate me on positions you cant defend

3 minutes ago, chud12 said:

I was following this as well. Sometimes beat writers miss ishh it does happen. But yea it looks like they are testing out other rb's on a short week and up big. So I doubt Conner gets a lot of work in the 2nd half. 

Did you hear the news about James Conner and his usage in the first Half? 

• Haha 1

Anyone else feel bad for CJ Anderson?  Guy can't get a carry in relief of CMC, meanwhile the Steelers have guys like Ridley, Samuels, and DHB getting touches.  Hell even the FB Nix has two receptions.

• Like 1