My Dinner With Andre

Gary Clark 2018-19 Season Outlook

Anyone have eyes on this Houston gunner? What's the scoop?

Shots aren't quite falling yet, but minutes are rising and Clark has potential to contribute an attractive combination of threes and stocks.

First 8 games of his NBA career Clark's per 36 averages are: 10.7 3PA, 1.6 stl, 2.4 blk.

Edited by My Dinner With Andre

9 minutes ago, DezedandConfused said:

Blues guitarist? Houston getting desperate 

G7Ji2TI.jpg

Nope. Member of the Posse back when the Redskins were great! (I am from MD and suffering with them for the past 25 years...haha).

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

What's funny is both the musician and the former football player came up first while Googling this dude, lol. Took a few queries for me to find info on him.

But back to the 2018 undrafted NBA rookie Gary Clark... His college stats look juicy: https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/gary-clark-2.html

Most of the time rookies don't pan out, but Houston might just be desperate enough for solid defenders. And PJ Tucker probably can't keep playing 500 minutes a night. And he also seems hungry to prove himself and earn a role, acknowledging himself as a 3-and-D guy. I'm keeping an eye on him...

• Like 2

I can only speak of what I saw in his days at Cincy. The kid is tough as nails (aren’t most cincy guys like this?) skilled scorer with range but he was first and foremost a defensive stallwort. Was the best player in the American conference last year, and with Houston needing some defensive help, wouldn’t be surprised to see him carve out a role.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WaKe21334 said:

I can only speak of what I saw in his days at Cincy. The kid is tough as nails (aren’t most cincy guys like this?) skilled scorer with range but he was first and foremost a defensive stallwort. Was the best player in the American conference last year, and with Houston needing some defensive help, wouldn’t be surprised to see him carve out a role.

Whoa. That's a pretty stellar endorsement.

Just added this guy at halftime. 0% owned in Yahoo lolol

Closed the game and played 33 min!!!! 6/8/1 with 1 stl 1blk and a three. Pretty stoked about this guy :D

• Like 1

Clark looks to have a inside lead on getting the playing time left behind by Melo...

It would shock me (especially with how he's been playing lately), if Clark didn't get at least 20-25 minutes a game.

And really that's all he needs.

He's not going to be a scorer. But he's great for Steals and Blocks and take into acocunt he'll have little to no turnovers.

I think moving foward, we'll see averages close to these: (Bold being important)

44.0 FG%, 65.0 FT%, 1.2 3PM, 6.5 PPG, 5.0 REB, 1.0 AST, 1.2 SPG, 1.0 BLK, 0.8 T/O

You could do a lot worse in a deep 16 or 18-team league.

• Like 1

Traded a 1st rounder 2019 for him in a 30 team league.

I saw that he was carving out a role on the rockets so had to jump on him. He’s been getting over 20 mins in the past 4 games. Shots not falling right now but they will come.

Can’t start D’Lo & Barnes together (FG killer), but at least I can possibly get stocks with Clark. Drop Barnes for Clark? I just see no use for Barnes anymore & I badly need the steasl or blocks.

Drop Barnes? 14t/9cat/Roto

Picking him up yet?

On 11/12/2018 at 4:22 PM, MysticPeak said:

Can’t start D’Lo & Barnes together (FG killer), but at least I can possibly get stocks with Clark. Drop Barnes for Clark? I just see no use for Barnes anymore & I badly need the steasl or blocks.

Drop Barnes? 14t/9cat/Roto

Nope. Trade Barnes if u don’t want him.

1 hour ago, sickrookie said:

His stats look like Aminu's with inconsistent minutes. 

His minutes seem to be guaranteed to at least be in the 20s though. I think only Gerald Green could be an obstacle, that team needs wing depth badly. And he is a better defender than Green, plus Ennis is garbage. If you’re in a deep league, pick him up. At the very least he could be a more consistent PJ Tucker.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Fantasyscrub said:

RIP

drop city

He still had 10 minutes in the 1st half even with Ennis playing fairly well. If you drafted him for scoring them drop, but he still has potential to be a nice stocks guy with low TOs.

Edited by JMega

Won't even have value in 14 teamers this season. Moving along...

Pretty sure he injured himself a bit on one of his block attempts, came out and then didn't re-enter the game?  Ennis was also playing well for once which prob cut into his minutes.