Sign in to follow this  
afl5013

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

11 minutes ago, Damn Yankee said:

and Conner is under team control for two more seasons at $790K per.  No brainer.

It'll be interesting to see where Bell goes next year.  Raiders?  Green Bay?  Tampa Bay? Houston? San Fran? Seattle?  

And Bell is 26, almost 27. RBs typically don't have a long shelf life after their mid/late 20s (AP/Gore being exceptions). I just cannot see the Steelers paying to keep Bell now unless his market value drops and he decides to re-sign for less than what he wants, which I don't see happening. I don't think he goes to the Raiders because it looks like they are in full re-building mode. 

1 minute ago, atdharris said:

And Bell is 26, almost 27. RBs typically don't have a long shelf life after their mid/late 20s (AP/Gore being exceptions). I just cannot see the Steelers paying to keep Bell now unless his market value drops and he decides to re-sign for less than what he wants, which I don't see happening. I don't think he goes to the Raiders because it looks like they are in full re-building mode. 

I personally think you're going to see the Raiders very active in free agency during the offseason...sign a big name or two on top of some key foundation/role players (re-vamp) and combine all that noise with their 3 1st round draft picks in April to make some noise.  As much as Gruden believes in the running game and a balanced offense...I think Bell is a viable target for them.  He's not going to bottom out two years in a row.  They're cleaning house now for next year and beyond.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Damn Yankee said:

I personally think you're going to see the Raiders very active in free agency during the offseason...sign a big name or two on top of some key foundation/role players (re-vamp) and combine all that noise with their 3 1st round draft picks in April to make some noise.  As much as Gruden believes in the running game and a balanced offense...I think Bell is a viable target for them.  He's not going to bottom out two years in a row.  They're cleaning house now for next year and beyond.

Yeah I can see Bell going to the Raiders. Its rebuild mode and theyll probably start revamping that Oline.

Who is saying the offense would be better with Bell? Seems like they are doing just fine without him..............

Ben Roethlisberger has the most passing yards (2,290)

Antonio Brown is tied for the most touchdown catches (8)

James Conner is tied for the most touchdown runs (9) and has the 2nd-most scrimmage yards (922) through the 1st seven games of a season in #Steelers history, in 2018.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Who is saying the offense would be better with Bell? Seems like they are doing just fine without him..............

Ben Roethlisberger has the most passing yards (2,290)

Antonio Brown is tied for the most touchdown catches (8)

James Conner is tied for the most touchdown runs (9) and has the 2nd-most scrimmage yards (922) through the 1st seven games of a season in #Steelers history, in 2018.

I agree.  And the thing people say is that if Bell comes back and they pay him they will play him.  I don't agree.  I think Pittsburgh's RB next season is Conner.    Why would you bench him and play the guy who has been disruptive and who will not be here next year?  As for the salary Bell would get paid this season, it is not a full salary.  Even if Bell comes back he only gets paid a pro-rated salary which is half a year at this point. 

24 minutes ago, StuPitt said:

I agree.  And the thing people say is that if Bell comes back and they pay him they will play him.  I don't agree.  I think Pittsburgh's RB next season is Conner.    Why would you bench him and play the guy who has been disruptive and who will not be here next year?  As for the salary Bell would get paid this season, it is not a full salary.  Even if Bell comes back he only gets paid a pro-rated salary which is half a year at this point. 

I think Bell's days as bellcow in Pittsburgh are over, with how well Conner has played. But if he were to report I don't see why Pittsburgh would inactivate him for the rest of the season. They're in the business of trying to win games, not making moves out of spite. You wouldn't want an All-Pro RB at your disposal as a change of pace back to help keep your starter fresh? The split between Conner and Bell would be real interesting. 

• Like 1

Bell will not play another snap for Pittsburgh. Sure the linebackers say that they forgive him and it was said in the heat of the moment....Bell doesn’t have any reason to trust them though. Trade the guy, or just leave it alone 

3 minutes ago, owenmills said:

I think Bell's days as bellcow in Pittsburgh are over, with how well Conner has played. But if he were to report I don't see why Pittsburgh would inactivate him for the rest of the season. They're in the business of trying to win games, not making moves out of spite. You wouldn't want an All-Pro RB at your disposal as a change of pace back to help keep your starter fresh? The split between Conner and Bell would be real interesting. 

Exactly. With pro sports being so fiercely competitive, I can’t see why a team would limit their potential out of spite. I say run the wheels off the guy. It would also be a benefit to Conner because it would keep him fresh and less likely to get injured going into next year. Wouldn’t make any sense from any perspective not to play Bell when he comes back. Not saying he should get the majority of touches, but he can definitely be an asset towards winning. 

• Haha 2

Tomorrow (trade deadline) and Wednesday (more logical day to sign his tag as opposed to close of business tomorrow) will be notable days...if Bell was worried about the Trade Deadline, we'll see how things unfold.  

Edited by Mr Boo

if bell comes back this season i envision a scenario similar to what the Bears use with Howard and Cohen

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, pagkerguy8 said:

if bell comes back this season i envision a scenario similar to what the Bears use with Howard and Cohen

The problem is that both Conner and Bell can run and catch. It'd be more like Ingram Kamara

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Damn Yankee said:

This would be smart of them to do considering Gruden has a terrible draft record.  If they rely on the draft to rebuild it's going to be a looooooong rebuilding process. 

31 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Who wrote this? It reads like some angry high school fantasy football player. Embarrassing. 

Clearly, SharkSwimmer wrote it lol

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

Who wrote this? It reads like some angry high school fantasy football player. Embarrassing. 

I agree with him 110% why would you want this disruption in your locker room 

3 minutes ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

If he does not sign he cannot be traded.

we are all aware of that ... doesn't mean 11th hour lightning can't strike. 

6 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets2 said:

we are all aware of that ... doesn't mean 11th hour lightning can't strike. 

Well trust me I am hoping just like you are because I own Conner.

1 minute ago, iretirefromfantasy said:

Well trust me I am hoping just like you are because I own Conner.

ditto on Conner (in all 3 Leegs).

• Like 1