Sign in to follow this  
afl5013

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

10 hours ago, urban2014 said:

He probably left Miami to vote in Pittsburg lol

Right here. Ok my phone wasn’t working great. Stuff happens 

+/- 500 pages without a down played

This thread can smoke the worthless yet record-breaking Gordon threads of recent times.

Edited by SuperJoint
  • Like 3

YAY!!!!

James Conner has a handcuff now!

Edited by ponza88
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, SuperJoint said:

This thread can smoke the worthless yet record-breaking Gordon threads of recent times.

Biggest difference is those worthless threads are just full of fanboys posting GIFs and trying to make stupid jokes about how good JG is.

This is like 200 pages of people actually spending the time to debate the same thing over and over and over and over and over... again.

Wash. Rinse. Repeat.

• Like 2

So both Bell and Conner become flex plays although the Steelers can just run with whomever has the the hot hand. We will know next week when Bell returns

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Saltyseabass said:

Anyone know where that LA Fitness was? Pittsburgh?

The report is wrong, he was spotted at a Pittsburgh Fitness in LA.

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, Dr. Whom said:

So both Bell and Conner become flex plays although the Steelers can just run with whomever has the the hot hand. We will know next week when Bell returns

Ah, no.

2 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Difference is that one was fun. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Impreza178 said:

Yeah it seems EXTREMELY risky to go that route.  Youre either on the hook for big guaranteed money or he walks for nothing.  Someone is going to throw money at Bell- I just know it 

Apologies if someone has pointed this out in this thread already, but Le'Veon...Le'Veon likes his money. He makes a lot they say. Spends his days counting on a jetski by the waterway.

He was born a pauper to a pawn on a Christmas day when ESPN Said Conner's dead and Week 12's begun.

And he shall be Le'Veon
And he shall be a good man
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, bendover said:

Difference is that one was fun. 

Not for anyone looking for any actual info, but I definitely get where you're coming from...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SuperJoint said:

Not for anyone looking for any actual info, but I definitely get where you're coming from...

I'd say a approximately a page and a half of it had actual info. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, urban2014 said:

Aren’t you funny...I misspelt a few words and everyone is taking jabs at me. Fine it’s Pittsburgh. Happy? 

Yeah, @gbill2004 had it right.  Have no idea what you're talking about.  It was a dig at Bell.

2 hours ago, The 7th Beatles said:

Oh Fowler.  I am beginning to think he really is hopeless.  He couldn't make it out of paragraph one without a critical, material error.

Fowler states that no franchise tagged player has ever held out into November.  But we know S. Gilbert held out for the entire 1997 season, rather than play on the tag.

It is so hard for me to take this reporter seriously after reading something like that.

2 hours ago, SuperJoint said:

Lol at this point of the season 90%  of the content on all of the threads are either circle jerks or mindless arguing back and forth between owners of competing players on the same team that play the same position. There is only so much fresh data to discuss, we gotta come up with something to BS about..

• Like 1

So if he isn’t at a pizza place in Pittsburgh, than he may not be in Pittsburgh at all?

10 hours ago, Dr. Whom said:

I still don't think he'll play another down for the Steelers, but let's say he does report next week. Understanding the Steelers current record, Conner's outstanding performance, a solidified locker room, and any kind of friction that exists between Bell and the Steelers organization, this is what I see unfolding:

* Weeks 11 -12: Put on exempt list for two weeks. Even if not on exempt list, he basically gets in shape and doesn't see the field for at least 2 weeks. Conner safe, Bell useless.

* Weeks 13 & 14: Could see them sprinkling him in. Maybe starts by lining up out wide. Gets a few carries to give Conner a breather. 80/20 split. Conner safe, Bell useless.

* Weeks 15-16: Bell has now had "four weeks of training camp." Probably in decent shape. Assuming he's proved himself to be in shape and isn't a locker room cancer, I could see a 60/40 split of Conner / Bell at best. Conner drops to an RB2/3, Bell possibly a flex.

* Fantasy Season over / Real NFL Playoffs: If I'm the Steelers this is what I'm building for if Bell is game. The playoffs. Bell's in shape. He's produced and taken advantage of the above opportunities to contribute to the team, locker room all good. At this point, I could see a 50/50 split. Both Conner and Bell used. Game plan specific usage.

All that said, I see the above as the best case scenario. Far more likely it's uglier, more drama, and Bell is worthless in 2018 from a fantasy perspective. 

30 minutes ago, kyoun1e said:

I still don't think he'll play another down for the Steelers, but let's say he does report next week. Understanding the Steelers current record, Conner's outstanding performance, a solidified locker room, and any kind of friction that exists between Bell and the Steelers organization, this is what I see unfolding:

* Weeks 11 -12: Put on exempt list for two weeks. Even if not on exempt list, he basically gets in shape and doesn't see the field for at least 2 weeks. Conner safe, Bell useless.

* Weeks 13 & 14: Could see them sprinkling him in. Maybe starts by lining up out wide. Gets a few carries to give Conner a breather. 80/20 split. Conner safe, Bell useless.

* Weeks 15-16: Bell has now had "four weeks of training camp." Probably in decent shape. Assuming he's proved himself to be in shape and isn't a locker room cancer, I could see a 60/40 split of Conner / Bell at best. Conner drops to an RB2/3, Bell possibly a flex.

* Fantasy Season over / Real NFL Playoffs: If I'm the Steelers this is what I'm building for if Bell is game. The playoffs. Bell's in shape. He's produced and taken advantage of the above opportunities to contribute to the team, locker room all good. At this point, I could see a 50/50 split. Both Conner and Bell used. Game plan specific usage.

All that said, I see the above as the best case scenario. Far more likely it's uglier, more drama, and Bell is worthless in 2018 from a fantasy perspective. 

And Bell may see your scenario as a possibility, giving him yet another reason to simply sit out 2018.

• Like 1

Le'Veon Bell - RB -  Steelers

The Athletic's Mark Kaboly reports there's a "real possibility" Le'Veon Bell won’t report by the franchise tag deadline.

Bell tweeted Monday he was leaving his training spot in Miami. There were rumblings he planned to sign his franchise tag this week, but there's a chance he sits out all season. Bell counts as a third-year franchise player in 2019 even if he doesn't sign, so his $25 million tag number will prevent the Steelers from franchising him again in the offseason. Bell will forfeit his remaining $6.84 million salary if he doesn't report before next week.

Source: The Athletic 
  • Thanks 1

There are no options for Bell owners if they can't trade Bell, because he'll be fantasy-useless even if he does report, but only an idiot would drop a top-3-caliber NFL RB. Even in redraft leagues. That's what I've learned from this thread.

1 minute ago, oresteszero said:

How many of you drafted Bell in the first round and have a positive FF record?

Close. I had him in a keeper league where we forfeit a draft round relative to where each player was drafted. Each year kept, the round goes up, blah blah.

In short, I kept him with my first round pick :/. If only I could go back in time and keep Conner with my late round pick (I rostered Conner last year as well)

Trading for Conner preseason (guy took him ahead of me knowing I'd want him) and making a plethora of moves, I am now on cusp of getting into the playoffs at 4-5 (6 teams make playoffs with top 2 getting a bye)

Great story, right? lol

5 minutes ago, oresteszero said:

How many of you drafted Bell in the first round and have a positive FF record?

Didn’t draft one single Bell but I did trade for him. 

Bell was drafted in slots 1-6 

Five 12 team leagues 2 of those teams have 5-4 while 2 other teams have a 1-8 

Two 10 team leagues both have losing records