Sign in to follow this  
afl5013

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

5 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

I have to agree LeVeon must have definitely alienated some teammates, but on the other hand I assume some teammates has respect for what LeVeon is doing. 

They may care....to some extent. However, I guarantee you they don't care more about what Bell is doing than the well being of who's currently in the locker room and producing on the field. They want it to be over more than they want Bell back, or for that matter gone. They just want to move on

Just now, SharkSwimmer said:

As discussed at length upthread, Bakari is a novice sports agent, having only been one since 2016.  Prior to that, he was a corporate executive compensation attorney.  And, somewhat unusually for NFL sports agents, Bakari does not focus exclusively on NFL clients, but also represents boxers as well.

Which is why I made the point earlier that rarely do agents work solo, as u can see he is part of a larger agency that represents dozens of NFL clients. So it's rather naive to think that no one knew the rules  in context to Bells holdout.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Joe Odam said:

They may care....to some extent. However, I guarantee you they don't care more about what Bell is doing than the well being of who's currently in the locker room and producing on the field. They want it to be over more than they want Bell back, or for that matter gone. They just want to move on

What? How? How can you guarantee anything about how they feel?

Come contract time, every single player in that locker room is going to fight for every cent that they can wring out of the Steelers. To a man. Every. Single. One.

• Thanks 2

Reports are out expecting him to return next week.

Currently back in Pittsburgh  :o

Edited by Nah85

If you're gonna come back to the team do so humbly and not this "Pass the Sticks" crap! That shows his arrogance and his "me 1st" mentality.

This team is rolling without him. They don't need him to be successful. I wonder does he even comprehend that concept? 

9 hours ago, Cdub2k said:

If you're gonna come back to the team do so humbly and not this "Pass the Sticks" crap! That shows his arrogance and his "me 1st" mentality.

This team is rolling without him. They don't need him to be successful. I wonder does he even comprehend that concept? 

Just a thought ... maybe Le’Veon means the job now belongs to James Conner.

It’s one of those relay races  He is passing the stick to James and now James is running with the ball. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, shakestreet said:

Just a thought ... maybe Le’Veon means the job now belongs to James Conner.

It’s one of those relay races  He is passing the stick to James and now James is running with the ball. 

That's actually how I interpreted it when I read it...surprised more ppl haven't done so.  To me, this is further unofficial confirmation that Bell isn't coming back.  If he was really referring to himself, he's just being an a$$clown and could care less about how his teammates would react.

24 minutes ago, AngryBeavers said:

Not a great way to ingratiate yourself to your teammates if you are coming back........

Geez the negative bias is so strong against a guy who didnt sign a contract, supported his teammates via social media never once attacking them or the organization and was obviously never going to be in Pitt next season  as determiined by the teams actions to tag him. . :lol:

What is this irrational narrative that leveon is a bad guy?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Geez the negative bias is so strong against a guy who didnt sign a contract, supported his teammates via social media never once attacking them or the organization and was obviously never going to be in Pitt next season  as determiined by the teams actions to tag him. . :lol:

I can think of a few reasons why people have an irrational hatred towards him and are so supportive of Steeler management but I don't think we need to get into that discussion here.

• Thanks 1

Just now, dashoe said:

Duh,

He competes in a very physically demanding position and his team has relied heavily on him and given him an extraordinary amount of touches. All the while, he has yet to be given any sort of long term security as a reward for the services he has provided Pittsburgh. Because of this, he is trying to ensure his financial security moving forward. This makes him a selfish jerk who only cares about himself.

Personally, I hope everyone who has labeled Bell as a "bad person" never asks for a raise from their employer and refuses to be continue to be underpaid. This could cause their co workers to have to cover for them with a heavier workload and that means that they are a terrible, selfish person.

I hope my sarcasm has been clear.

Just now, Godfather131 said:

Why don't you just click on a different thread? Why does it bother people that people talk about what they want to talk about? It's not like you are forced into this thread lol.

Not sure why he cares.  He retired from FF already.

• Like 1

Just now, jagsfan05 said:

Oh, my apologies. Sorry.

Wasn't meant to be snarky.  That was posted yesterday(43 pages ago). ;-)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Fried Pork Grind said:

Pass the sticks as in Carolina you lost let someone else play. Game over 

This is all it means, peeps. 

In Madden, when you are losing by 21 or more you pass the controller to the next player. The Panthers got massacred last night and we're down 21. That's all it meant. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, oliminator123 said:

This is all it means, peeps. 

In Madden, when you are losing by 21 or more you pass the controller to the next player. The Panthers got massacred last night and we're down 21. That's all it meant. 

why couldn't he just wish them fairwell? 

Leveon tweet could have meant a bunch of different stuff.. like time to pass the sticks back to daddy (like he’s coming back) or time to pass the sticks, talking about the Panthers getting blown out by 21+ already (a Madden rule) or time to pass it off to James for good. 

I’m going with daddy is coming back until I hear otherwise ?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LarryDavid said:

Leveon tweet could have meant a bunch of different stuff.. like time to pass the sticks back to daddy (like he’s coming back) or time to pass the sticks, talking about the Panthers getting blown out by 21+ already (a Madden rule) or time to pass it off to James for good. 

I’m going with daddy is coming back until I hear otherwise ?

Considering all his other tweets during that timeframe were about the game I would think that one was too.

Side note, Bell owner, yeah actually I think you're right lol.

He wouldnt say pass the sticks referring to Panthers getting a** kicked...he would have said 'Bye Felicia' or something like that.  'Pass the sticks' literally means give me the controller, it's my turn.  Some households you literally have to fight to get the controller in your hands and people don't wanna give it up. 

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, Zak0221 said:

He wouldnt say pass the sticks referring to Panthers getting a** kicked...he would have said 'Bye Felicia' or something like that.  'Pass the sticks' literally means give me the controller, it's my turn.  Some households you literally have to fight to get the controller in your hands and people don't wanna give it up. 

You think he would say it like a child? That is no way to say you are coming back, especially to a teammate that has played exceptionally well while he has sat out.