Sign in to follow this  
afl5013

Le'Veon Bell 2018 Outlook

tonycpsu

[Automated message: This outlook thread for the 2018 season will be locked on 2019-01-31. Please finish any 2018 discussions here, and take any 2019 outlook discussions to the 2019 outlook thread . If one does not exist, feel free to create one. Thanks!]

Message added by tonycpsu

5 minutes ago, kevinwayne20 said:

is Bell's ego big enough to fit in the same room with Gruden? 

If Gruden wasn't willing to pay Mack I've got my doubts that he'll pay Bell the franchise QB money he's demanding.  

True, but I subscribe to the belief that the Raiders are cutting losses before they move to Vegas and rebuild the team into something bigger as the Vegas Raiders. Signing Bell would be a marquee move for a re-established franchise. It's either going to be a successful project in the next few seasons, or Gruden is the biggest swindler in NFL history. Either way, Jon Gruden wins.

EDIT: Raiders being broke is a fair point against them but they're paying Gruden a disgusting amount.

Edited by HandSchaub

3 minutes ago, kevinwayne20 said:

If Gruden wasn't willing to pay Mack I've got my doubts that he'll pay Bell the franchise QB money he's demanding.  

Gruden won't have to since Bell isn't going to get that kind of offer from any team considering his age and the BS he pulled this year on the Steelers. 

With that said, the Raiders are rebuilding. They have a ton of draft picks. They aren't going to saddle themselves with an aging RB. They will attack the RB situation via the draft. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, wideopen21 said:

Gruden won't have to since Bell isn't going to get that kind of offer from any team considering his age and the BS he pulled this year on the Steelers. 

With that said, the Raiders are rebuilding. They have a ton of draft picks. They aren't going to saddle themselves with an aging RB. They will attack the RB situation via the draft. 

X2

They traded Mack and Amari, and cut Irvin.  Clearly not afraid to do anything to cut salary and rebuild.

9 minutes ago, Godfather131 said:

Fair point, but weren't you the one outlining the reasons they SHOULD go after Bell? And now backtracking and saying not to discount Washington to make a bad decision? Which is it?

Personally, I don't see anyway they go after Bell. Maybe if the price is right, they look at it, but I see little chance they throw money at him. They just traded for Guice and he will likely be ready by week 1.

I think Oak, NYJ, TB are much more likely as destinations. Indy could be a sleeper spot.

No i didnt say they should go after bell, i outlined  why he fits and why they would go after bell. 

I think the Jets should go after bell because they have a potentially good QB on a rookie contract. Bell needs to go to a team with a QB on a rookie contract so he gets the best deal possible vs the cash and the cap which would be the  jets and ravens

Edited by dashoe

33 minutes ago, kevinwayne20 said:

Gruden wouldn't pay Mack because Gruden didn't pick Mack. Gruden is an egomaniac--his guys are the only guys worth anything. One big reason why he's been so ready to clean house--he has nothing invested in any of these guys. They aren't 'Gruden Grinders', whatever the he** that's supposed to mean. (Maybe it means he only wants players who are active on Grindr. <shrug> No judgment.)

Edited by Brotherbock

I hope this doesn't pay off for Bell and I'm looking forward to rooting against him next year. Does anybody care about the season ticket holders for Pittsburgh who looked forward to watching Bell play? These people can't afford to sit out their jobs for a year. What if Conner wasn't good or got injured for the year? Pitts season ruined because of this idiot. you saw how pissed his fellow players were the first few weeks. I bet if Pitt wasn't winning games or Conner wasn't good the anger would have grown. This does affect fantasy football. How about the other 9 or 11 or more teams who weren't lucky enough to have the number 1 waiver order week one to get Conner? This situation is completely skewing the fantasy landscape because of one selfish idiot.

It sounds like Pittsburgh felt comfortable not paying Bell what he thought he deserved because they knew they could just plug Conner right in. Maybe they felt they could plug whoever in. 

If he had to go work the drive through at a fast food restaurant or declare bankruptcy while not playing  to prove his point then I might be impressed. Just because this guy can easily afford to take off a season with the knowledge of a huge payday in the future doesn't make him a hero.

2 minutes ago, mongidig said:

I hope this doesn't pay off for Bell and I'm looking forward to rooting against him next year. Does anybody care about the season ticket holders for Pittsburgh who looked forward to watching Bell play? These people can't afford to sit out their jobs for a year. What if Conner wasn't good or got injured for the year? Pitts season ruined because of this idiot. you saw how pissed his fellow players were the first few weeks. I bet if Pitt wasn't winning games or Conner wasn't good the anger would have grown. This does affect fantasy football. How about the other 9 or 11 or more teams who weren't lucky enough to have the number 1 waiver order week one to get Conner? This situation is completely skewing the fantasy landscape because of one selfish idiot.

obviously the steelers mgmt didnt care about the season ticket holder when they tagged bell with an exclusive knowing the risk was he could sit out. . . are u rooting against the Steelers too based on your logic?  :lol:

7 minutes ago, mongidig said:

It sounds like Pittsburgh felt comfortable not paying Bell what he thought he deserved because they knew they could just plug Conner right in. Maybe they felt they could plug whoever in. 

If he had to go work the drive through at a fast food restaurant or declare bankruptcy while not playing  to prove his point then I might be impressed. Just because this guy can easily afford to take off a season with the knowledge of a huge payday in the future doesn't make him a hero.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or serious.

Care about the season ticket holders? No one holds a gun to someone's head and say you must purchase tickets or else. Comparing someone's normal 9 - 5 job isn't comparable to Bell. If you work at a desk somewhere there's a bunch of other people that can do it. There's not many people that can play football and do it at an elite level. I'm sorry you are so salty that Bell did what he felt was best for his finances. Never count another man's money. 

Edited by TheDoctor
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

I can't tell if this is sarcasm or serious.

Care about the season ticket holders? No one holds a gun to someone's head and say you must purchase tickets or else. Comparing someone's normal 9 - 5 job isn't comparable to Bell. If you work at a desk somewhere there's a bunch of other people that can do it. There's not many people that can play football and do it at an elite level. I'm sorry you are so salty that Bell did what he felt was best for his finances. Never count another man's money. 

The RB skillset isn't really that special.

That's one reason they don't get paid like other positions. 

That is evidenced by James Conner coming in and doing even better. 

Why pay Le'Veon $15 million per year to do what your 3rd round pick making 750k can do?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, HandSchaub said:

they're paying Gruden a disgusting amount.

To be fair, anything north of tree fiddy is a disgusting amount to be paying John Gruden.

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, mongidig said:

Funny how you call Bell selfish, but you're here complaining about fantasy football leagues...you sound like the selfish ones.

Bell wasn't being selfish. He didn't have to sign the contract if he didn't want to. He wasn't holding out. 

Seriously, anyone complaining about Bell because of how he impacted their fantasy season needs to grow up and get a grip on reality. 

• Like 1

Just now, HTM said:

Why pay Le'Veon $15 million per year to do what your 3rd round pick making 750k can do?

Playing RB in the NFL is special when comparing it to the amount of individuals who don't play in the NFL to make a living. That was the point, nice straw man though. 

1 minute ago, HTM said:

How many Conners are there in the league? Does Philly have one? How about Oakland? Indy? Are there a bunch of Conners running around? Why pay Gurley when there is a COnner for less? Why take Barkley in the 1st when there is a Conner in the third? Why not draft me? I will play for 200k.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, dashoe said:

obviously the steelers mgmt didnt care about the season ticket holder when they tagged bell with an exclusive knowing the risk was he could sit out. . . are u rooting against the Steelers too based on your logic?  :lol:

I mean...does any team management care about the specific season ticket holders? They don't care who is in the seats, they just care if the seats are filled. If the Bell people stop coming, the Conner people will fill right in. Management won't even notice. 

The teams don't care about the fans as people. Just as consumers and spenders of money. They are corporations. :)

3 minutes ago, HTM said:

Along with my original point, I don't necessarily disagree with the point you are trying to make. I think RB assets as a whole are fairly fungible, but it wasn't even close to the original response I made to Sad Season Ticket Holder poster. 

2 minutes ago, Fantasy Gooroo said:

How many Conners are there in the league? Does Philly have one? How about Oakland? Indy? Are there a bunch of Conners running around? Why pay Gurley when there is a COnner for less? Why take Barkley in the 1st when there is a Conner in the third? Why not draft me? I will play for 200k.

RB success is largely predicated on the ability of the offense as a whole. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, HTM said:

the problem with your argument is you are speaking about the avg rb. bell is not the avg rb because he belongs to a select group or rb's who play every down and he lines up as a wr too where he  was #2 in passing market share on the team.

So the pool or rb talent that is his comp is freeman-zeke-gurley-dj-cmc-lesean-barkley-gordon. Which is a very small pool of players and they are not the avg they are the exceptions in terms of snaps, rushes + catches

if the avg rb had those skillsets then we would see less rbbc and more single rb backfields in the NFL

Edited by dashoe
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheDoctor said:

... If you work at a desk somewhere there's a bunch of other people that can do it. ...

I'm sorry, nobody could fill my desk job.  Sure, they could do the same quality work I do from this desk but could they also troll people on these forums at the same time?  Highly doubtful.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Brotherbock said:

I mean...does any team management care about the specific season ticket holders? They don't care who is in the seats, they just care if the seats are filled. If the Bell people stop coming, the Conner people will fill right in. Management won't even notice. 

The teams don't care about the fans as people. Just as consumers and spenders of money. They are corporations. :)

Exactly so why is they guy blaming bell about the loss to season ticket holders. . .crazy logic:lol:

Honest question: has anyone thought about Steely McBeam? That guy loves Bell. And now you've got this really excited guy who was always happy to come to work because of Bell. I mean, Mr. McBeam took the job as Steelers mascot just because he was a big Bell fan. And now they've torn that away from him. A-holes. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, dashoe said:

Exactly so why is they guy blaming bell about the loss to season ticket holders. . .crazy logic:lol:

Yup. I just didn't feel like replying to him, so I replied to someone who was making sense :)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, KennyWoo said:

I'm sorry, nobody could fill my desk job.  Sure, they could do the same quality work I do from this desk but could they also troll people on these forums at the same time?  Highly doubtful.

6 minutes ago, Brotherbock said:

Honest question: has anyone thought about Steely McBeam? That guy loves Bell. And now you've got this really excited guy who was always happy to come to work because of Bell. I mean, Mr. McBeam took the job as Steelers mascot just because he was a big Bell fan. And now they've torn that away from him. A-holes. 

this is some top-notch work here, gentlemen ... well played!

:lol:

Edited by pastorofmuppets2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, dashoe said:

Your right shame on pit for offering to make him the highest paid rb in the nfl. 15 mil is basically Slave wages?

• Thanks 2

4 minutes ago, youngrice said:

Your right shame on pit for offering to make him the highest paid rb in the nfl. 15 mil is basically Slave wages?

Does either side have to be the bad guy? What if...they each were working for what they thought were their own best interests? Dun DUNNNNNN!

6 minutes ago, youngrice said:

I know I am right thank you!

You guys keep picking sides  and like to make Bell the villain while absolving steelers mgmt of any responsibility for the situation when they are clearly the initiator of the contract terms.

This is contract stuff  not the batman vs the joker.

• Thanks 1